• Dec 16th, 2021 9:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3640 posts
2384 upvotes
Calgary

[Walmart] Waterpik Ultra water flosser - $44.96 Blk only & FS

I have had my Costco $60 warehouse sale Waterpik Ultra + Nano dual pak for a number of years now. While still working, its getting a bit scaly & gross as anyone who's had one likely knows. I suppose I could do a massive detail clean but wat da hey, maybe its telling me its time for a new one esp since its not that expensive + its something I put in my mouth on a daily basis.

Coincidentally Costco is having the same Waterpik dual pak on for $60 right now. Since I've never used the Nano flosser, I thought I'd ask Unc Goog to see if there's anything better for just the Ultra (which I love fwiw).

Well waddayanoe, Walmart has the Waterpik Ultra black only on sale for $44.96. Seems like a good deal to me esp since price incl FS & no membership required for those without.

I just ordered one & thought I'd give a shoutout here for anyone else with similar needs.
53 replies
Nov 6, 2012
365 posts
464 upvotes
Edmonton
My dentist said just open your mouth in front of your showerhead 🤣
Jan 6, 2011
259 posts
387 upvotes
toronto
benilla wrote: My dentist said just open your mouth in front of your showerhead 🤣
He will get more business that way :) waterpik is the best thing you can do for your gums
Jan 6, 2011
259 posts
387 upvotes
toronto
Patrickpete wrote: I'm curious are these things messy? Does it actually get stuck food out or does it just complement a flossing routine?
They are pretty messy, but you can minimize it once used to it. Good regular flossing is probably better but I find Waterpik much easier to do and to maintain a routine, I hated regular flossing.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
2064 posts
892 upvotes
pux420 wrote: They are pretty messy, but you can minimize it once used to it. Good regular flossing is probably better but I find Waterpik much easier to do and to maintain a routine, I hated regular flossing.
Water flossing done correctly is much superior, it will remove way more stuff than normal flossing.
Sep 4, 2014
50 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dainfamous41 wrote: These don't work well IMO
3 different dental hygienist and dentist have recommeded this to me, so I pulled trigger.

Is your opinion one of a professional?
Jan 1, 2007
325 posts
137 upvotes
I’m one of those who never used to floss, I bought this a year ago and have been using it every day since. For those who say this doesn’t work, they must not know how to use it lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2002
1195 posts
915 upvotes
Wish a deal would come up for a good wireless one I can pack for travel.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6717 posts
2412 upvotes
Vancouver
Waterflossing works better than regular. Been using for many years and only floss with a thread when travel. I tried 3 different ones all work about the same. I suggest find a portable one which you can charge. They hold less water and maybe not as strong,but very capable, take much less space too. This one is too large. I had a similar one for a year.
Just search around. Mine holds 300ml. There are some that hold more. On most days I don't have to refill it and can do all teeth, but at times I have to fill it twice. takes literally about 10 seconds so hardly a hassle. I charge it and it's good for about 3-4 weeks for a family of 2.

Here's what I mean by portable(just example).
https://www.amazon.ca/Cordless-Irrigato ... 09BZHCYGC/
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1544 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Picked one up for my daughter who just got braces.
Nov 19, 2020
45 posts
112 upvotes
I used to think it is all gimmick and marketing. After my dentist and couple of friends recommended this, gave it a shot. Now I am one of those friends who recommends this and sound like a MLM guy trying to explain benefits of this.
Aug 31, 2012
339 posts
181 upvotes
CONCORD
There is something about flossing I don't like. I find I use my Pik a lot more. My hygienist noticed a great improvement.
Nov 30, 2015
498 posts
593 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
dainfamous41 wrote: These don't work well IMO
Since getting one of these the hygienist has said more than once that I must have a good routine of oral care, good for me. And hygienists NEVER say good things!
Nov 29, 2013
483 posts
806 upvotes
TORONTO
benilla wrote: My dentist said just open your mouth in front of your showerhead 🤣
You must have the commando 450 lol
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
3297 posts
1368 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Patrickpete wrote: I'm curious are these things messy? Does it actually get stuck food out or does it just complement a flossing routine?
not messy when you get the hang of it. I've been using one since 2018
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2203 posts
1498 upvotes
Costco seems like the better deal right? Comes with 2 although one is smaller.
Aug 3, 2019
549 posts
317 upvotes
For 15$ more, you get carrying bag + nano at costco. I picked one up today and surprised how small nano is in the bag, and it says same power as big one on the go for travels and stuff.

I must admit tho the black version looks much more better than the white
May 12, 2019
428 posts
543 upvotes
Waterpiks are a great addition to your oral hygiene regiment but the general consensus is that it shouldn't be considered a replacement for flossing. The pressure of the water does not create enough shear forces to remove as much plaque as traditional flossing can.