Markham
How good is this tire?
Any personal experience?
-------
Thank you
Oct 2, 2012
7 posts
Ottawa
It says not sold in stores and stocktrack shows NA everywhere?
[OP]
May 28, 2015
119 posts
71 upvotes
Milton, ON
Sorry, might be GTA only? I only checked with my postal code. Image
Feb 12, 2006
550 posts
658 upvotes
none in GVRD or I'd pickup a few sets!
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1708 posts
596 upvotes
Vancouver
Tires are probably one of the most important part of the car. They are the only four contact patch connecting you and your passengers to the ground you drive on. Any turning, stopping anything to do with grip it is all on the tires. With that in mind ask yourself do you really want to rely on a $29 tire? Michelin, Bridgestone, Continental are expensive for a reason alot of money has gone in to testing those tires to offer the best performance under all driving conditions.
Jan 1, 2018
384 posts
612 upvotes
Kazushi wrote: none in GVRD or I'd pickup a few sets!
Why more than 1 set lol tires ware without use
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
14118 posts
4732 upvotes
RFD
kunamvahees wrote: How good is this tire?
Any personal experience?
Should be better than any all season tire in the winter and being sold in Canada through Walmart these have to have certifications such as DOT to sell. If one is on a tight budget, I'd ride these over all seasons.

If I didn't already have winter tires I'd be running to square one to pick up a set.
Last edited by radeonboy on Sep 9th, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7234 posts
7892 upvotes
Toronto
kev604 wrote: Tires are probably one of the most important part of the car. They are the only four contact patch connecting you and your passengers to the ground you drive on. Any turning, stopping anything to do with grip it is all on the tires. With that in mind ask yourself do you really want to rely on a $29 tire? Michelin, Bridgestone, Continental are expensive for a reason alot of money has gone in to testing those tires to offer the best performance under all driving conditions.
They also spend a lot of money on advertising, racing programs and rebate programs.
Oct 24, 2019
219 posts
272 upvotes
kunamvahees wrote: How good is this tire?
Any personal experience?
Any certified Winter tire will be better then "any" All-season you are most likely running.
This deal is not for me but I want the person behind me in winter to be running these tires at $29-$87 each and not running All-season or Winter tires under 4/32.
We all can not get X-ice or Nokians.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1708 posts
596 upvotes
Vancouver
Dhanushan wrote: They also spend a lot of money on advertising, racing programs and rebate programs.
True but that is also how they advance and improve their tires by pushing tires to the limit
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7234 posts
7892 upvotes
Toronto
kev604 wrote: True but that is also how they advance and improve their tires by pushing tires to the limit
Also some of these tires are older designs retired by the major brands.
Feb 12, 2006
550 posts
658 upvotes
KevinT277396 wrote: Why more than 1 set lol tires ware without use
I've got 2 cars that can use this, super common size.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3176 posts
1934 upvotes
Pothole city
Dhanushan wrote: They also spend a lot of money on advertising, racing programs and rebate programs.
Probably... but they also do a lot of R&D with that money.
Sep 20, 2020
28 posts
17 upvotes
Ontario
I used this brand on for my Camry, got them for similar price last winter from Walmart, and my tyre guy said they were great!

Never had any issues with the grip throughout the winters, great for GTA roads… best deal!
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4119 posts
1469 upvotes
Edmonton
Pretty cheap tires.. Considering I prob spent almost $400 each for my winter Pirellis.

Good enough I guess if you have an older ride.
Jan 7, 2005
801 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
MahlerMusic wrote: Any certified Winter tire will be better then "any" All-season you are most likely running.
This deal is not for me but I want the person behind me in winter to be running these tires at $29-$87 each and not running All-season or Winter tires under 4/32.
We all can not get X-ice or Nokians.
You are mostly right, but just be aware that there have been tests showing certain all-season models outperform certain very low quality winter tires in winter.

This seem to be a good deal, but I am sticking with highly rated winter tires myself at a much higher cost. Tires and brakes are not the place to save money, to me.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2010
1174 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
yeah, i'm not cheaping out on winter tires. really bad idea