[Walmart] Weider 200 Lb. Dumbbell Set with Rack for $388 with $39 Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2020 6:37 pm
Apr 30, 2009
34 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
knoxyouout wrote: Bah, I just want the 25s and the 30s. So hard to find :(
I saw 25 lb weights at superstore not too long ago. The neoprene kind.
Oct 7, 2018
18 posts
3 upvotes
Vaughan
Thanks for the info. Will buy Walmart gift card from Moola and take this set :)
Apr 1, 2008
55 posts
13 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote:

As for breaking down, that's really more to do with the Bowflex. I haven't heard of similar issues with Powerblock.
Agreed. I've got the OG 125lbs Powerblocks from ~20 yrs ago and they're still working just fine. Breaking down doesn't seem to be an issue - I never drop them (intentionally) though.
Oct 7, 2018
18 posts
3 upvotes
Vaughan
Back in stock now. Took one. Thanks OP!
Sep 1, 2006
428 posts
183 upvotes
GVR, BC
I've had my Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbells for over 6 years now. I use them roughly 4-5 days a week and I've never had any issues with them. My cousin has owned his pair for 7 or 8 years and uses them just as much as I use mine, and he has not had any issues either. I'd buy them again in a heart beat.

However, if you're the type of person that drops their dumbbells (e.g. throws them on the floor after a heavy set of bench pressing) then I definitely would not recommend them.

Also, they are fairly wide so depending how big you are some exercises may be awkward such as shoulder presses. Lastly, if you have smaller hands the handles may feel a bit too thick.
Feb 14, 2011
409 posts
252 upvotes
Canada
LetsGoWings wrote: I've had my Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbells for over 6 years now. I use them roughly 4-5 days a week and I've never had any issues with them. My cousin has owned his pair for 7 or 8 years and uses them just as much as I use mine, and he has not had any issues either. I'd buy them again in a heart beat.

However, if you're the type of person that drops their dumbbells (e.g. throws them on the floor after a heavy set of bench pressing) then I definitely would not recommend them.

Also, they are fairly wide so depending how big you are some exercises may be awkward such as shoulder presses. Lastly, if you have smaller hands the handles may feel a bit too thick.
I've had mine for few months and nothing but problems with them. Yesterday had the $#@! weight fall right off and just missed my head. Yeah under warranty but wait times on phone and getting replacements delivered not worth the hassle. Have never dropped them once!
Dec 21, 2009
705 posts
270 upvotes
Vancouver
cheapshopper wrote: 200lb........ delivery guy will love it.
I wonder what they do for town house delivery , which need to take a stairs to reach the front door.
They will get 2 people to do it. Not so bad.