• Sep 10th, 2020 10:03 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2003
1008 posts
779 upvotes
Scarborough, ON

[Walmart] Western Digital 4tb portable hard drive $50 YMMV

Inspired by the other Walmart hard drive thread, I went hunting to see what else was on clearance. Ended up finding a 4tb portable Western Digital My Passport drive for $50 at Walmart Copper Creek Markham. YMMV depending on location as there isn't much stock left in the GTA according to stocktrack.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=71803784691

Reviews are pretty good:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LQ ... merReviews
Images
  • wd_hd.jpg
Fido
Koodo
26 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1039 posts
1160 upvotes
Montreal
Nice deal! Nothing around Montreal, though.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6085 posts
4538 upvotes
M-Arkham
GL finding stock, this was $50 for a long while now, and most walmart already had been clean out.

If you find one, then it may be missing inventory that had been found recently
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Sep 22, 2010
111 posts
56 upvotes
Is this a good HDD? Why do cheap....maybe issues?
Nov 14, 2007
337 posts
106 upvotes
damn, I was at the same walmart and missed this...Face With Tears Of Joy
Nov 23, 2004
921 posts
1647 upvotes
Ontario
makaveli80 wrote: Is this a good HDD? Why do cheap....maybe issues?
Yes, great drive.
So cheap because Walmart is big enough to not give a f*k about profits and when they want to clear stuff can make it dirt cheap to move it faster and clear the shelf space ;) Wouldn't see deals like this at a mom-and-pop shop as they likely are taking a decent loss to get the remaining ones off their shelves.
Oct 13, 2017
777 posts
752 upvotes
Hamilton
If anyone is in the Hamilton area don't bother. I went looking for it a couple weeks ago in Stoney Creek since they supposedly had 3. They didn't have any.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
2276 posts
3381 upvotes
dhomas wrote: Nice deal! Nothing around Montreal, though.
These YMMW deals are NEVER in the Montreal area..
I remember the Walmart/Arcade1up YMMV thread from last year....150$ at most Walmarts and Candiac had it at 499$.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1039 posts
1160 upvotes
Montreal
KravenHead wrote: These YMMW deals are NEVER in the Montreal area..
I remember the Walmart/Arcade1up YMMV thread from last year....150$ at most Walmarts and Candiac had it at 499$.
I remember going looking for that Arcade1up, too. Though even if I'd have found one, my wife would not have been too pleased had I brought one home. Grinning Face
Feb 12, 2014
642 posts
1464 upvotes
vancouver
makaveli80 wrote: Is this a good HDD? Why do cheap....maybe issues?
It is cheap because there is a newer wd portable drive which the outside case looks different and maybe internal hard drive could be different model too. So this would be older model stock.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
2276 posts
3381 upvotes
dhomas wrote: I remember going looking for that Arcade1up, too. Though even if I'd have found one, my wife would not have been too pleased had I brought one home. Grinning Face
The wife knows the moment I spot a Donkey Kong standup (red version) its mine...
Nov 28, 2017
656 posts
635 upvotes
Anyone more familiar with stocktrack want to tell me what it means when it shows "Out of Stock" under status for a store but a stock of 2?
Oct 13, 2017
777 posts
752 upvotes
Hamilton
nevyn1234 wrote: Anyone more familiar with stocktrack want to tell me what it means when it shows "Out of Stock" under status for a store but a stock of 2?
I believe anything below 8 is listed as out of stock. And you may get lucky and have it be there... or it may be phantom stock. I got lucky with Scholl insoles. Where it only showed 3 in stock and the store had all 3. But with this deal one of the stores showed 3 in stock and they didn't have any.
Mar 29, 2019
355 posts
391 upvotes
KravenHead wrote: These YMMW deals are NEVER in the Montreal area..
I’ve run into a few of their employees who are well aware of RFD and just scooping them up themselves. Gotta move quick nowadays!
Aug 29, 2010
351 posts
338 upvotes
nevyn1234 wrote: Anyone more familiar with stocktrack want to tell me what it means when it shows "Out of Stock" under status for a store but a stock of 2?
looks like you are looking at Burnaby Superstore location? lol I thought about it, but I guess I will pass given such a slim chance of finding one
Dec 14, 2012
221 posts
87 upvotes
EDMONTON
Tried a few locations where stock tracer showed 2 --- but actually they have no stock.
Nov 28, 2017
656 posts
635 upvotes
chinook79 wrote: looks like you are looking at Burnaby Superstore location? lol I thought about it, but I guess I will pass given such a slim chance of finding one
Nope. London, Ontario
Jun 27, 2007
427 posts
389 upvotes
windenchanter wrote: Tried a few locations where stock tracer showed 2 --- but actually they have no stock.
I've learned to stop chasing that unicorn. If it says out of stock despite listing a few, there really ain't none and you're wasting your time.
Feb 12, 2014
642 posts
1464 upvotes
vancouver
windenchanter wrote: Tried a few locations where stock tracer showed 2 --- but actually they have no stock.
you might have to ask somebody when you go check, i went to look for the seagate 3tb the other day and 1 walmart out of 3 had it and it was not even on display.
Jun 6, 2017
254 posts
174 upvotes
Miraculously the store by my house did have the 1 “out of stock” seagate drive showing a quantity of 1 on stocktrack. But at the higher price, not the discounted one