Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Western Digital My Book 4TB External Hard Drive - $90 clearance price in-store *YMMV*

Jun 27, 2007
449 posts
420 upvotes
Schnake wrote: Not planning to use it for anything mission critical.
Yeah, best not to load your "special" video collection on it.
Oct 17, 2008
284 posts
79 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Chuck Garabedian wrote: A bit of drama to add to this thread. Yesterday after checking out my serial number on the WD website for warranty. I found out that the warranty expired April 28, 2020. So thinking this was some sort of glitch, I submitted my information to register the drive and extend the warranty - this included scanning the original receipt and submitting it.

Well, I received an email this morning (italics below) from WD saying that because the drive's warranty is expired, that I need to get a letter from Walmart confirming the drive was purchased brand new. I have 21 days to respond. I'm not sure what to do, but refusing to jump through this hoop is high on the list.
Did you get your WD HDD registered? I required the store to provide a written confirmation, but got deny.
Aug 25, 2017
69 posts
54 upvotes
yj151 wrote: Did you get your WD HDD registered? I required the store to provide a written confirmation, but got deny.
Just registered my drive and found the warranty is also expired. Walmart wouldnt provide written confirmation?
Oct 17, 2008
284 posts
79 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
PaulyDubs wrote: Just registered my drive and found the warranty is also expired. Walmart wouldnt provide written confirmation?
I went to the store and talked with the store manager. The manager replied that any written confirmation is not allowed by Walmart. My request was denied. It maybe YMMV. Good luck.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1146 posts
146 upvotes
Calgary
yj151 wrote: Did you get your WD HDD registered? I required the store to provide a written confirmation, but got deny.
I finally did get my warranty with Western Digital.

I did not get any help from Walmart regarding them providing a letter though. I went to customer service at the store where I bought it, and they would not provide a letter. I called and emailed Walmart Canada - zero response.

So I took matters in my own hands and sent Western Digital a letter. I'll leave it up to your imagination what actions may have been taken in this situation.......Neutral Face
Oct 17, 2008
284 posts
79 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Thanks for your information.
Jan 29, 2005
288 posts
239 upvotes
Chestermere, AB
anyone seen this around in Calgary? My backup drive just died and this would be a perfect replacement. TIA
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12893 posts
13090 upvotes
domacheap wrote: anyone seen this around in Calgary? My backup drive just died and this would be a perfect replacement. TIA
Not exact model but if you can wait, bestbuy online has a 4TB for $110 bit ship from online store only. If you can't wait mem x has one for $150.
Oct 17, 2008
284 posts
79 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Chuck Garabedian wrote: I finally did get my warranty with Western Digital.

I did not get any help from Walmart regarding them providing a letter though. I went to customer service at the store where I bought it, and they would not provide a letter. I called and emailed Walmart Canada - zero response.

So I took matters in my own hands and sent Western Digital a letter. I'll leave it up to your imagination what actions may have been taken in this situation.......Neutral Face

Eventually, I got all my 4 HDDs warranty update after several letters with WD. Thanks to God.
Jan 18, 2018
473 posts
564 upvotes
I found one today in Mississauga (Argentia location).
Was the last one there.
I had tried a couple other Mississauga locations in the past few weeks with no luck.

It's still in box, but I put in the serial number on WD's site, and it says 26-Apr-2022.
Should I still try to register it?
Jun 25, 2020
5 posts
12 upvotes
There is one left at south surrey walmart I bought the plastic sealed box it has warranty until march 2021 the other one left is not plastic sealed they also had a 2tb wd portable for mac for $40 one left and a couple 3tb seagate external drives for $70.....still have the emtec 512gb external ssd $70 also....I contacted wd through chat and had to send them receipt to see if they will extend warranty from purchase date.
Jun 6, 2017
533 posts
461 upvotes
BC
Burnmymoney wrote: There is one left at south surrey walmart I bought the plastic sealed box it has warranty until march 2021 the other one left is not plastic sealed they also had a 2tb wd portable for mac for $40 one left and a couple 3tb seagate external drives for $70.....still have the emtec 512gb external ssd $70 also....I contacted wd through chat and had to send them receipt to see if they will extend warranty from purchase date.
Thanks for post. Seemed to be gone today
Jun 25, 2020
5 posts
12 upvotes
That sucks...they had been sitting there for a while I was just on the fence before I pulled the trigger...maybe my post motivated some people
* UPDATE* not sure if any of these drives left anywhere but for those who got one I was successful in getting wd to extend warranty from date of purchase...I did it through chat...they will ask for proof of purchase. I sent picture of box and receipt which shows matching serial number. They then asked for letter from walmart saying its sold as new. I then replied asking to have my matter escalated to a supervisor and that I will return product and never buy a wd product again and that worked. Hopefully it works for you.