1320 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…

[Walmart] Windshield Wipers UltimateX & ViewMax Plus

Too early for stocking stuffers?

Various sizes
UltimateX 19"-22"
ViewMax from 17-21"

Enjoy.
Last edited by bubble.tea on Aug 20th, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $4632 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
44 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28671 posts
1320 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Enjoy
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
Oct 13, 2012
90 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary, AB
blueangel2323 wrote: Are these any good?
I tried the Michelin ones from Costco and found that they don't last long, even if they are inexpensive. These UltimateX ones however, are inexpensive and can actually survive the winter in Alberta.
Oct 17, 2015
412 posts
121 upvotes
Mississauga
rversed wrote: I tried the Michelin ones from Costco and found that they don't last long, even if they are inexpensive. These UltimateX ones however, are inexpensive and can actually survive the winter in Alberta.
I've had michelin ones last me two winters in ontario, just got make sure to keep the windscreen warm before using them.
Oct 31, 2007
310 posts
161 upvotes
Winnipeg
rversed wrote: I tried the Michelin ones from Costco and found that they don't last long, even if they are inexpensive. These UltimateX ones however, are inexpensive and can actually survive the winter in Alberta.
Agreed, these Ultimate X ones from walmart is actually pretty good in comparison to the Michelin ones from Costco. I have been using the Ultimate X ones for years now and stock up whenever it goes on sale.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28671 posts
1320 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
tenshiryo wrote: All location or YMMV?
Honestly have no clue how I could tell. I'm not that fortunate, so if I've seen it, it's probably nationwide...maybe even international. LOL.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 4, 2009
7698 posts
793 upvotes
North York
Found them at two Walmart last month, the larger blades were hard to find (24").
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2743 posts
64 upvotes
GTA
I don't think I've ever used anything other than Bosch blades on my vehicle after the OEM ones died. Can anyone comment on how these compare? I'm starting to find the quality of Bosch isn't what it used to be.
Oct 6, 2006
355 posts
183 upvotes
rupture wrote: I don't think I've ever used anything other than Bosch blades on my vehicle after the OEM ones died. Can anyone comment on how these compare? I'm starting to find the quality of Bosch isn't what it used to be.
Im in the same boat as you but considering the price these are at i'm going to bite the bullet... whats the worst that can happen. Bosch are $20-25 each while these are 5 .... huge difference.
:twisted: May your wallet R.I.P :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 4, 2009
7698 posts
793 upvotes
North York
These are made in Korea. They work pretty well, but ...

Two points for those considering them.

They look ugly-ish installed. The attachment clip sits onto of the wiper assembly instead of sunk in. (I would not use them in my luxury cars. Okay for our compact.)

They were frustrating to install. Almost returned them. It took me some thinking and then decided to use considerable force to jam the J-Hook into the clip - like the sides of the clip are 1mm too narrow, but being plastic, can be forced wider.

The packaging is awesome. There is a flap on the back on one end - I almost cut into the packaging on impulse. (Easy to open & return, if unsatisfied).

Given a positive comment about surviving AB winter, from another RFDers, I might pickup another set. (Larger sizes, like 24", are harder to find.)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1293 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone tried the ViewMax? Or are they not even worth considering if you can the Ultimate X for the same price?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2602 posts
487 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
Highly ymmv. I used this. It performs well. No complaint thus far.

Op which walmart did you see this at?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28671 posts
1320 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
baseline.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1293 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
They are fully in stock at the Dufferin Mall location. The sticker says $9.88 so they're hardly flying off the shelves, but they rang in at $5 at the cash.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2821 posts
2550 upvotes
GTA
UltimateX are great wipers, they have a water repellent coating I believe, or at least they just work well for the price.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
Definitely YMMV on price and clearance.

I found them at the Calgary Deerfoot City location $ 7.00. UltimateX scan at that price, but the display shows regular price.
In your pants!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)