Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Wall Street Journal

Xbox Live Gold 12 months $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2016 9:28 am
Mar 9, 2005
763 posts
101 upvotes
I picked it up at Wal-Mart Blainville Qc
Deal Guru
Aug 30, 2009
10391 posts
2188 upvotes
Aurora
Pepsidewd wrote: I picked it up at Wal-Mart Blainville Qc
OP should of mention it's probably part of Quebec flyer that doesn't start elsewhere in Canada till this coming Thursday. As they run there sales alittle head of the rest of Canada.
Woah! wrote: $48 for 12 months is too much?
How so?
That's only $4 per month.
The 4 March Games With Gold offerings alone are worth even more than the $48 annual fee.
I don't fing buy xbl gold for the GWG, if I did I'd be sorely disappointed lol... I buy it bc I like to be able to join partys play mp games and get dotw gold discounts. I feel like we are paying more because of our dollar. It's been $40 cdn in past years for 12 months of xbl gold.
signature removed for rule violations
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2007
1150 posts
274 upvotes
Saskatchewan
went to pick it up at costco and they tried charging me tax, so I didn't buy. my WMs are all $60.00
Mar 9, 2005
763 posts
101 upvotes
yoda12320 wrote: OP should of mention it's probably part of Quebec flyer that doesn't start elsewhere in Canada till this coming Thursday. As they run there sales alittle head of the rest of Canada.
gold.
1. I'am not sure that Québec is on some sort of special calendar for its Walmart flyers, as far as I know Xmas is on the 25th of December here in QC like everywhere else ;)

2. As the OP, am I suppose to be aware of this special one week early WM secret society? First rule of of OWEWMSS... Don't talk about OWEWMSS ;)
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
zod wrote: Yah I bought 4 of those. It makes my psn sub really cheap. The cheapest filler item I could find was 49 cents (an avatar). Two years of PSN is 99.98 plus 49 cents is 100.47. I only paid 80 for the $100 of credit plus I get 15 back because of the current promo (you get $15 credit back for spending $100). So that's $65.47 for two years of PSN. That's a pretty good deal. That's all you do with PSN. Once a year someone usually posts a deal on psn credit. Load up, then wait for the get $15 if you spend $100 sale. Make your own deal kind of thing.
Yeah, think I'll just do likewise and figure out what to do with the $15 credit at a later date. Makes the PS4 useful for something again...
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Woah! wrote: $48 for 12 months is too much?
How so?
That's only $4 per month.
It's not too much, really, but it's sad if this is considered a hot deal. It's great for a regular price deal (this is what CostCo was selling them for at regular price up until recently, if it's to be believed that they're out of the game now. I didn't check the last time I went a week or so ago, but 3-4 weeks ago they did indeed still have them at Mississauga South). But last year, even with the crappy Canadian dollar, there were still a bunch of deals (3-4 times if I'm not mistaken) for under $40CAD after conversion via CDKeys.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
1146 posts
418 upvotes
Leduc
wearysky wrote: It's not too much, really, but it's sad if this is considered a hot deal. It's great for a regular price deal (this is what CostCo was selling them for at regular price up until recently, if it's to be believed that they're out of the game now. I didn't check the last time I went a week or so ago, but 3-4 weeks ago they did indeed still have them at Mississauga South). But last year, even with the crappy Canadian dollar, there were still a bunch of deals (3-4 times if I'm not mistaken) for under $40CAD after conversion via CDKeys.

the last sale was in September/October I think. so 4-5 months without any deal has me tempted to pick one up next week when they go on sale(if true). before the dollar tanked it felt like gold was always on sale to some extent.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
microwave wrote: the last sale was in September/October I think. so 4-5 months without any deal has me tempted to pick one up next week when they go on sale(if true). before the dollar tanked it felt like gold was always on sale to some extent.
End of November. But yeah, it's been a while since CDKeys has had a sale. I'm still good till January 2017, thankfully, but if you need a code in the next month or two, it's hard to say when CDKeys will be having their next sale so this Walmart deal (if it shows up in this week's flyer) might be the best option.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Pepsidewd wrote: 1. I'am not sure that Québec is on some sort of special calendar for its Walmart flyers, as far as I know Xmas is on the 25th of December here in QC like everywhere else ;)
well they are, and sales often start on wednesday (instead of friday) and stores usually update prices early.

and as for what weekly flyer sales and december 25th have to do with each other.... I'll just chock up to you not having your coffee.
Aug 17, 2010
31 posts
9 upvotes
Canada Computers has it for $49.88. Stock varies from store to store.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
JackWhyte wrote: and as for what weekly flyer sales and december 25th have to do with each other.... I'll just chock up to you not having your coffee.
I'm guessing it was some kind of reference to XMas sales starting at the same time in Quebec as everywhere else? But yeah, around these parts it's pretty well known that Quebec's Walmarts often start their sales earlier than the rest of the country, even if OP didn't necessarily know it.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
acidcaribou wrote: I returned a PS+ card to Costco (because I picked up the Staples deal), and was told they aren't selling them anymore.
It's probably the same with XBL, so I think Costco is out of the business.
costco is getting out of a lot of areas, and their retail model will really change in the coming years.

they used to be a "we make money on our memberships" but they will slowly morph into selling higher-profit items and losing the selection.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2741 posts
467 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote: costco is getting out of a lot of areas, and their retail model will really change in the coming years.

they used to be a "we make money on our memberships" but they will slowly morph into selling higher-profit items and losing the selection.
You mean like Sams club Canada? Why bother with the membership then? Worst thing about costco is the crowds,lines and the parking lot. Why pay $5 bucks a month for the hassle.
Nov 23, 2009
625 posts
290 upvotes
Is this actually on right now in Ontario or was it Quebec only?
Jan 22, 2006
174 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
Nightfire wrote: Is this actually on right now in Ontario or was it Quebec only?
No it scanned in at 59.99 for me in Ontario this morning.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)