Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

XBOX One S 1TB All Digital Console $239.96

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 3:23 pm
Mar 14, 2017
539 posts
1216 upvotes
The next Xbox will have a disc drive as well. And Battlefield is included in EA Access for $30/year... far superior value digitally
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1525 posts
259 upvotes
Peterborough
wow I can fit like 5 games on my 500 GB so good luck fitting many games on it
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2367 posts
1448 upvotes
Sarnia
User381785 wrote: Game monopolies already exist. They have for years. Even if every single game system went digital only, there would still be sales
You don't make it easier for them to not have sales and sorry but console game sales I have seen honestly suck much of the time and sure as hell aren't as frequent as at real stores and then there is the used market on classifieds too. With the used game market I have gotten so many games dirt cheap and then even if you buy new not only do you have an actual copy that you could play when digital is down or gone you also have the drive to use for watching stuff and with many new copies at certain stores you basically can try them and return them with the 7 day guarantee or whatever.
Seriously I am glad the majority in this thread understand that it is just plain stupid to buy this console. I was going to say I would not even take it for free or buy it for 5 cents but I would as I would then take the thing and destroy it and make a video about it and explain why it should not be bought.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2204 posts
3203 upvotes
BigBrother0 wrote: I am surprised people are considering the Xbox one SAD. Used consoles can be found for less than a brand new SAD version
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: You don't make it easier for them to not have sales and sorry but console game sales I have seen honestly suck much of the time and sure as hell aren't as frequent as at real stores and then there is the used market on classifieds too. With the used game market I have gotten so many games dirt cheap and then even if you buy new not only do you have an actual copy that you could play when digital is down or gone you also have the drive to use for watching stuff and with many new copies at certain stores you basically can try them and return them with the 7 day guarantee or whatever.
Seriously I am glad the majority in this thread understand that it is just plain stupid to buy this console. I was going to say I would not even take it for free or buy it for 5 cents but I would as I would then take the thing and destroy it and make a video about it and explain why it should not be bought.
So why are you here then? You know, other than to just troll. You whining about digital media isn't going to change the fact the vast majority of gamers prefer it
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12070 upvotes
Toronto
ScottF391 wrote: wow I can fit like 5 games on my 500 GB so good luck fitting many games on it
With all-digital I’d want 2TB internal, too bad Xbone has never been friendly to upgrading
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
I just got my xbox one s the regular one, and realized. xbox one marketing should go above the gaming they are advertising I didn't even expect to be able to play kodi, the apps and the media player are way better than what they used to be.
I think maybe that's what they were trying to do here maybe, to show people that there is more than gaming to this box.
May 30, 2011
367 posts
565 upvotes
waven101 wrote: I just got my xbox one s the regular one, and realized. xbox one marketing should go above the gaming they are advertising
I'm pretty sure they actually tried it when announcing the console (around the same time as they announced that they intended to use disc-based DRM) and their initial sales were very low compared to PS4.

[Edit]Here's a summary of their E3 presentation 2013 if you don't want to watch an hour-long video : https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin ... f0f1421632 [/Edit]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
oh yes but all that was forgotten when they also announced at the same time Kinect would be mandatory
Aug 6, 2015
146 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto, ON
junglemage666 wrote: My system stopped working and I got another Wii system, now can't get my legally purchased games off the Wii channel shop because it's no longer in service. Those games are gone.
Same here. Both my orig Wii and orig Wii U went south. I re-purchased the systems but lost all my games. Had over 30 Virtual Console/WiiWare games, and close to 20 WiiU digitals. All gone. Also, look what just happened to PS3 and PSVita servers - gone in a blink of Sony's eye. Since then I vouched never ever to buy any digital games. Yes, I do download the freebies - but I do not care if I loose them. I do a PC gaming as well, and here I do not have much choice, except that 100% of my games come from GOG - so at least I'll have them even if GOG closes it's door (which I hope they do not because they are a wholesome company).
Jun 9, 2012
505 posts
361 upvotes
Vancouver
User381785 wrote: So why are you here then? You know, other than to just troll. You whining about digital media isn't going to change the fact the vast majority of gamers prefer it
I am just pointing out that a used console has more value than a new SAD version for the same or lower price since you can use physical media for the same box versus not getting that feature.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
waven101 wrote: I just got my xbox one s the regular one, and realized. xbox one marketing should go above the gaming they are advertising I didn't even expect to be able to play kodi, the apps and the media player are way better than what they used to be.
I think maybe that's what they were trying to do here maybe, to show people that there is more than gaming to this box.
It was called the "One" because it was pushed as the "one" media/entertainment device you'd need.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
yes exept during that time there was no universal apps. those came later on. anyway hopefully they see the success of the nvidia shield and can learn a little from it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)