[Walmart] Xbox One S All Digital $179.96

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2019 9:11 am
[OP]
Dec 19, 2019
78 posts
478 upvotes

[Walmart] Xbox One S All Digital $179.96

Same price as Black Friday for anyone looking for one. Comes with 3 digital games: Minecraft, Sea of Thieves, and Forza Horizon 3. Only downside is it is "all-digital", meaning no 4K Blu-Ray player or ability to play physical Xbox games of any type. But hey, great deal for people who just want to buy digital or use Game Pass :)

Edit: Now on sale for $179.96 in-store.

Also on sale at The Source in-store and online for $179.99 too. Link here.
Last edited by BanditKeith on Dec 25th, 2019 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Hot Deals, In America!
14 replies
Penalty Box
Jun 1, 2016
1130 posts
2473 upvotes
Thinking of getting this specifically as a Nvidia Shield TV alternative.

The Nvidia Shield didn't go on sale this year and every other 4K box has a limited ethernet speed at 100mbps.

Any experiences with the Xbox as a media center solely?

EDIT: Further clarification, this would be the media player, I have a dedicated server and will have no use for the Shield as a server ever.
Dec 11, 2008
722 posts
125 upvotes
NL
DeltaSingh wrote: Thinking of getting this specifically as a Nvidia Shield TV alternative.

The Nvidia Shield didn't go on sale this year and every other 4K box has a limited ethernet speed at 100mbps.

I'd be interested in the answer to this question too.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13623 posts
3748 upvotes
Scarberia
can the xbox one s do youtube 4k at 60fps and netflix 4k HDR? thx
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
[OP]
Dec 19, 2019
78 posts
478 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:can the xbox one s do youtube 4k at 60fps and netflix 4k HDR? thx
Different opinions on this here and can't tell you form personal experience as I still have a Xbox 360 sitting and collecting dust:

Windows Central article on the 4K ability of the Xbox One S All-Digital

But then I find stuff about it doing 4K is under 60 FPS only, so I don't know.

Sorry I can't be more help, 1080p is the highest definition I have and am perfectly happy with it. Hope someone else can help.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2383 posts
1011 upvotes
Montreal, QC
BanditKeith wrote: Different opinions on this here and can't tell you form personal experience as I still have a Xbox 360 sitting and collecting dust:

Windows Central article on the 4K ability of the Xbox One S All-Digital

But then I find stuff about it doing 4K is under 60 FPS only, so I don't know.

Sorry I can't be more help, 1080p is the highest definition I have and am perfectly happy with it. Hope someone else can help.
and to complete the thing, a comparison between all 3 model: https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/buyer ... difference
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8998 posts
5407 upvotes
Toronto
disque wrote: I'd be interested in the answer to this question too.
Some discussion here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/co ... nded_over/

If you don't play games at all I'd personally go for the Shield TV - fraction of the size, low power usage, quieter, instant boot (vs HDD in Xbox), included remote and native chromecast ultra come to mind.

If none of these things matter or if you game from time to time, then the Xbox is definitely worth considering.
Images
  • maxresdefault.jpg
Apr 7, 2016
245 posts
194 upvotes
Each game is 100GB almost, after 7-8 games its all over
--------
Oct 7, 2017
714 posts
1172 upvotes
VictoryBoyxx wrote: Each game is 100GB almost, after 7-8 games its all over
Each game is not 100GB. Only a select few are that large. Depending on your internet speed/cap, you can always delete and re-download the games as needed. You can probably get closer to 15 games, and I don't think I've ever needed 15 games installed at once on my system. I usually have a few multiplayer, and a few single player. Once I'm done with a single player game I delete it.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13623 posts
3748 upvotes
Scarberia
just setting up my xbox one s now...takes forever to apply the updates slowAF...
1)Does it allow BT keyboards like the k830?
2)any IPTV apps like iptv smarters?
3)im more into it for media player than playing games i think

i just tried marvel infinite, looks horrible on the xbox lol...how do u get back to the xbox main screen from the game? confusedAF
xbox seems laggy when u move around the menus compared to the ps4
Last edited by mikka2017 on Dec 24th, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2336 posts
987 upvotes
All digital Xbox? So this is an Xbox emulator, I can just download it
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13623 posts
3748 upvotes
Scarberia
wow, im suprised xbox MS store has free live IPTV and movie apps...they NOT hd but still free channels u can view like espn,espn2,cnn,fox sports,golf channel,etc.

too bad no cdn sports chans like tsn and sportsnet tho
[OP]
Dec 19, 2019
78 posts
478 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:just setting up my xbox one s now...takes forever to apply the updates slowAF...
1)Does it allow BT keyboards like the k830?
2)any IPTV apps like iptv smarters?
3)im more into it for media player than playing games i think

i just tried marvel infinite, looks horrible on the xbox lol...how do u get back to the xbox main screen from the game? confusedAF
xbox seems laggy when u move around the menus compared to the ps4
Ah yes, the Microsoft updates. I mean, they are the same ones that make Windows 10, so can't be too surprised.

1. According to this Best Buy answer, yes, the K830 works on it. Unless you're talking about a different K830.

2. Thread about setting up IPTV on a Xbox One.

3. A Battlefield thread on how to exit out the game. Try "Double tap the Xbox button to bring up the guide, highlight "Home" and press "A". If you want to exit BF1 altogether you can highlight its icon, select more options and exit that way."

Just realized now that you posted about IPTV after lol.

Oh by the way, if a game isn't looking great on the TV, maybe check out the TV settings/ Xbox settings. Some TVs have a "Gaming Mode" that helps. Or maybe you just think Marvel vs. Capcom looks poorly anyway, I don't know lol.
Aug 5, 2005
42 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
DeltaSingh wrote: Thinking of getting this specifically as a Nvidia Shield TV alternative.

EDIT: Further clarification, this would be the media player, I have a dedicated server and will have no use for the Shield as a server ever.
So I bought the Xbox One S ...2 years ago on Boxing Day hoping to use it as a media center considering it's specs and abilities... PLeX runs great if you looking to setup 4K movies at a compressed quality. If you are trying to run 30-60gb full quality content ... It's going to lag. I have a beast of a computer + SSD + hard wired in and I'm still waiting to watch Interstellar Eyes // might try that new 4K shield. The support for all the audio codecs seem promising.

Hope this helps.