Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

YMMV - $19.00 - PlayStation®5 Media Remote ($39.96 regular price)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2022 8:05 pm
36 replies
Nov 1, 2020
149 posts
395 upvotes
Thanks OP always wanted one of these but couldn't justify $40 when I already own 4 controllers
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2007
1232 posts
585 upvotes
St Thomas
$1 price at Georgetown apparently and in-stock. $39 at my local WM and $19 in S London
RFD Proud since 07.
Jan 17, 2017
341 posts
392 upvotes
Keep in mind if you have a Sony TV the remote will work for movie playback (pause, fast forward, etc.) You can even navigate the menus and the centre button of the navigation will function as X.
Oct 30, 2019
872 posts
1805 upvotes
Fraser Valley
Mark1381 wrote: Keep in mind if you have a Sony TV the remote will work for movie playback (pause, fast forward, etc.) You can even navigate the menus and the centre button of the navigation will function as X.
True, I still use the DualShock though
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1788 posts
2622 upvotes
How many watts does a PS5 consume watching 4K Dolby on Netflix? 100w?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
dyalect wrote: Is this necessary?
It's not necessary but it's way better/more functional watching media on the PS5 with one of these than using a DualSense.

Like even small things that it does. If you turn your PS5 back on from rest mode using the remote it automatically goes to the "Media" tab, for example.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2003
1516 posts
907 upvotes
i mean... a fire stick is like $45...
Mar 23, 2017
472 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
dyalect wrote: Is this necessary?
Probably not. I bought one a month or two ago (same deal here) and don't use it. It goes great with the 4k UHD blu rays I've also bought and not watched...
Oct 10, 2011
227 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
Mark1381 wrote: Keep in mind if you have a Sony TV the remote will work for movie playback (pause, fast forward, etc.) You can even navigate the menus and the centre button of the navigation will function as X.
Is this Sony TV specific or more of a function with HDMI-CEC (HDMI Device Link)? As far as I know any HDMI-CEC enabled TV will work just fine.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
JustinZ wrote: i mean... a fire stick is like $45...
What's the point of bringing up the Fire Stick in this topic? The PS5 console itself does what a Fire Stick does and more. This is just a peripheral.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19235 posts
17863 upvotes
GTA, ON
For $19, not bad if anyone is considering one. I've always used my controller for media use on PS3, PS4 & PS5 as I would never needlessly pay MSRP for the media remote. At $19, it is tempting but I don't know if it's cheap enough to warrant. $10 for me would be sweet spot IMO.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1500 posts
2329 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: What's the point of bringing up the Fire Stick in this topic? The PS5 console itself does what a Fire Stick does and more. This is just a peripheral.
I genuinely wonder if Amazon pays these folks or something. Can a fire stick also allow your to fast forward or skip when you watch UHD on your ps5? No? Well then it's not the same right? I have this remote. Got it at launch. Kind of flimsy, but works well enough. Batteries last a long time, and sometimes you just don't want to use your dualsense when watching media. At this price, a no brainer especially if you watch things on your PS5 including blu-ray or UHD discs.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2709 posts
5163 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: What's the point of bringing up the Fire Stick in this topic? The PS5 console itself does what a Fire Stick does and more. This is just a peripheral.
I think the point was that for the regular price of the remote, you can literally buy another streaming device that comes with a voice remote for literally almost the same price. That being said tho I'd still buy the remote for $19 but definitely no $40
Rogers 30GB $35
Aug 8, 2020
10 posts
21 upvotes
I just left the Langley store, and there were 3 left. They also had the PS5 HD camera for 49.96. Bought one of both. Thanks to OP.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
aomous wrote: I think the point was that for the regular price of the remote, you can literally buy another streaming device that comes with a voice remote for literally almost the same price. That being said tho I'd still buy the remote for $19 but definitely no $40
Amazon sells the fire tv sticks as a package for at, or near a loss, because they make money on people paying for Prime.

This is a peripheral sold on its own, it has to sell for a profit.

Replacement fire tv stick remotes start at $39.99, for example
Alexa Voice Remote (3rd Gen) with TV controls, Requires compatible Fire TV device, 2021 release https://a.co/d/6TT36aa
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2978 posts
3020 upvotes
Ottawa
Wish they would copy the ps3 remote. I still use that thing because it works with my TV and Sony receiver (the ps4 remote did not).
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2978 posts
3020 upvotes
Ottawa
Wish they would copy the ps3 remote. I still use that thing because it works with my TV and Sony receiver (the ps4 remote did not).
Jan 17, 2017
341 posts
392 upvotes
cb2200 wrote: Is this Sony TV specific or more of a function with HDMI-CEC (HDMI Device Link)? As far as I know any HDMI-CEC enabled TV will work just fine.
That could be the case, I never really gave it much thought. I do use HDMI-CEC but I figured it was because it was a Sony TV that is worked with the PS4 and PS5.

If that's true though then this remote is a waste of money because TV remotes are far more appealing than this thing, the buttons at the bottom are horrible and should be blank for any app, not have logos stamped on them.