Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

YMMV 27.5” Men's Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike $199 (reg.$798)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2021 2:04 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6884 posts
6516 upvotes
Calgary
MayorOfToronto wrote: Buying a terrible product simply because it's on sale is not the RFD way.....
Wrong thread then, this is a good bike.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1922 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
I love this thread so much.
Jul 2, 2014
490 posts
167 upvotes
Maple, ON
I'd gladly ride one of these in forest trails. Don't know if ill be doing hops and jumps on it though. At the end of the day, im sure itll still be fine. A bicycle is still just a bicycle. Slap two wheels on a frame and put together some metals for a drive chain and you're good to go.
Jun 9, 2019
365 posts
730 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: Buying a terrible product simply because it's on sale is not the RFD way.....
It actually is the RFD way most of the time.

"Wow, this Lenovo laptop was $8000 and it's $1500 now! LAVA HOT!!!"
Dec 18, 2011
545 posts
446 upvotes
Quebec, QC
The fork is looking so unsafe. Be sure to check out the screw at bottom and threadlock it.

And don’t buy amazon one…..

Aug 6, 2019
178 posts
108 upvotes
berta
tldr. got to page 5
im a bike nerd
reason bike nerds are down on cheap bikes is because they are disposable and fill our landfills. the classifieds are full of these bikes and are a better option economically and environmentally.

while true, most people dont need an expensive bike to ride park trails or get to school/work, you dont need a fake mountain bike to do the same things. if you do get a real mountain bike you may accidentally discover a thrilling activity

people will buy and restore a cheap brand name bike like trek or norco thats over 30yrs old. cheap break and go to the dump
too much time during covid
Dec 18, 2011
545 posts
446 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Overall with mountain bike, is that cheap price items/parts are really tempting, but you must resist, otherwise you will buy 2 times or even 3 times the same items. You better off buying pricier quality items.

Here is the "damage list" from my last summer bike season testing cheap crap for fun with my wife and friend:
-Ztto 11-50 Cassette = Cassette was wider than a real shimano (returned)
-Decathlon Bike Stand = Fall appars after 3-4 use (exchanged)
-Cheap Canadian Tire Sealant = Not Working (buy pricier stan's)
-Decathlon Derailleur = Wobble and can't adjust right even with a straight derailleur hanger (kept)
-Toolset from amazon = Chainwip broke after 1 use (trash bin)
-Rockbros Race Face Clone pedal from amazon = Screw Fall appars after 3-4 use (they have no threadlock !!!!) (trash bin)
-IFX crankset from amazon = Not for 73mm bottom bracket as stated on the ads (returned)
-IFX crankset from amazon = Bent after only 1 ride (returned)
-Rockbros Race Face Clone pedal from amazon = Cracked after only 1 ride (returned)
-2x Decathlon Hydratation Pack = ended up Too Small (kept for the kids)
-Fake RaceFace Bike Shirt (fall appart after 1 ride)
-Aliexpress Valve Stem (bent)

I will never ever buy cheap crap. But seriously Decathlon have a really good service.
Dec 9, 2019
2 posts
15 upvotes
For those that aren't into serious downhill or afraid of their bike spontaneously combusting, there is one more left in the Courtenay, BC location (Vancouver Island), but without a seat. I just went with my brother and we each got one for ripping around town. The last one is labelled as refurbished at $399, but rings in at $199. It looks brand new (minus the seat).

This would be the final bike on stocktrack, so if there is one still listed, it is likely there.
Nov 27, 2008
207 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
For $200 who wouldn't ride this bike as a city cruiser with some easy off-road trails.

Shimano only offers double and single ring cranksets for their high end so that should speak for itself there Low end triple setups are still produced even though I would say the majority would be better off with a single/double set up.

Cheap parts are just that but I've seen high end parts/bikes fail just as easily.