Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] YMMV $99 Netgear Arlo PRO Wireless Security System with 2 HD Cameras - White

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2020 7:58 am
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19194 posts
5579 upvotes
RanelD742511 wrote: Too bad this is 720P only.
You need 4K? 8K? 720p is fine to use in broad daylight. 1080p Pro isn't going to be much difference. I'll probably use these inside anyway, so high resolution isn't necessary...
Feb 26, 2020
62 posts
105 upvotes
BC
DougO wrote: You need 4K? 8K? 720p is fine to use in broad daylight. 1080p Pro isn't going to be much difference. I'll probably use these inside anyway, so high resolution isn't necessary...
Search the review for comparison of 720P and 1080P versions on youtube before you talk sarcastic. If you want the 720P go buy it, nobody is stopping you. I’m going to block you now so i don’t have to read your idiotic comeback comments. Get a life.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19194 posts
5579 upvotes
RanelD742511 wrote: Search the review for comparison of 720P and 1080P versions on youtube before you talk sarcastic. If you want the 720P go buy it, nobody is stopping you. I’m going to block you now so i don’t have to read your idiotic comeback comments. Get a life.
Me:

Dec 26, 2010
18524 posts
5335 upvotes

You:

Feb 26, 2020
56 posts
64 upvotes

Says it all. Block away...
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3184 posts
5328 upvotes
DougO wrote: Me:

Dec 26, 2010
18524 posts
5335 upvotes

You:

Feb 26, 2020
56 posts
64 upvotes

Says it all. Block away...
Just watched a few comparison videos and there really isn’t much of a difference either
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1782 posts
1342 upvotes
I went to Walmart Candiac (QC) after finding one in stock as shown in stocktrack for $99 whereas nearest LaSalle was priced $300.
Alas, it was nowhere spotted on the floor nor any help from the associates to find it.
Didn't leave empty handed as found Sandisk Microsd 16g (UPC 619659116026) for $3 and got a few.

Back home and check again ... this time Walmart Lasalle show $99 for netgear cam and it is OOS while Candiac still has one ... still missing somewhere.
Likely it taken/reserved by one of it associates for hiim/herself.
A QUIET MAN IS A THINKING MAN.
A QUIET WOMAN IS A DANGEROUS WOMAN

My Missus said " I don't tell you how to spend your $$, Don't tell me how to spend your $$."
Aug 25, 2010
361 posts
89 upvotes
Does anyone know whether you can plug the camera in for the vms3230 so you don't have to use batteries?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2780 posts
1665 upvotes
Victoria
DougO wrote: You need 4K? 8K? 720p is fine to use in broad daylight. 1080p Pro isn't going to be much difference. I'll probably use these inside anyway, so high resolution isn't necessary...
As someone who deals with CCTV on a daily basis, 720p is pretty bad. 1080p should be the absolute minimum when shopping for a security camera. Though there are other factors aside from resolution that contribute to image quality.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19194 posts
5579 upvotes
cooper83 wrote: As someone who deals with CCTV on a daily basis, 720p is pretty bad. 1080p should be the absolute minimum when shopping for a security camera. Though there are other factors aside from resolution that contribute to image quality.
480i was bad too but we watched it for years didn't we? 720p for inside a house? For checking up on who is at the front door? On my phone? It's just fine...
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2780 posts
1665 upvotes
Victoria
720p is fine until you need to ID someone. It's one thing to record an event on camera; it's another thing for the footage to actually be useful.
Feb 26, 2020
62 posts
105 upvotes
BC
cooper83 wrote: 720p is fine until you need to ID someone. It's one thing to record an event on camera; it's another thing for the footage to actually be useful.
I fully agree, i have 3 Trendnet cams, all 720P and they’re not really ideal for id’ng people. That’s why i’m staying out of 720P on my next purchase based from my experience. Cheers!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2536 posts
1085 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Great price for 2 cam setup. Easy to install and setup.
Nov 26, 2019
31 posts
11 upvotes
live_4ever wrote: Does anyone know whether you can plug the camera in for the vms3230 so you don't have to use batteries?
Sure you can, there's a small port inside the battery compartment. Most likely a micro USB. There are tons of YouTube videos that demonstrate that.
Nov 11, 2006
390 posts
89 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I thought the $99 set was the Arlo Pro 2 since that's what is shown in the pictures on the website. I was going to buy 2 sets to replace my Arlo Pro 1 cameras but when I got to the store, there was 2 sets in the display case and it was the Arlo Pro 1 that is $99. I didn't really want them but I ended up buying a set anyways so it doesn't seem like I wasted my time LOL
Sep 18, 2007
326 posts
921 upvotes
Lucky. I tried to find them at my local wm but no luck. Been eyeing the Arlo pro and pro 2 for the no subscription fees.
Hopefully maybe some deals come BF. But won’t be as good as these clearance deals. C’est la vie
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1881 posts
1094 upvotes
NavieM wrote: Just watched a few comparison videos and there really isn’t much of a difference either
From what I recall and I may be wrong, the issue and why you didn't see a difference between the 2 is the 1080 is compressed to hell so youre getting what is essentially 720. Another flaw with the pro 2 is night vision is actually worst than the pro.

These and cameras like wyze is only useful if youre constantly checking notifications or watch it it at work at real time to alert authority when something is taking place at that moment. If you want something thats actually reliable and can capture fine detail, get real cameras hardwired like hikvision
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19194 posts
5579 upvotes
eclone wrote: From what I recall and I may be wrong, the issue and why you didn't see a difference between the 2 is the 1080 is compressed to hell so youre getting what is essentially 720. Another flaw with the pro 2 is night vision is actually worst than the pro.

These and cameras like wyze is only useful if youre constantly checking notifications or watch it it at work at real time to alert authority when something is taking place at that moment. If you want something thats actually reliable and can capture fine detail, get real cameras hardwired like hikvision
The reason I wanted a battery operated one is that the outside of my house has a porch/sunroom that is completely enclosed but has no power outlet nearby that I can wire into. I *could* put it inside the room since there is an overhead light there that I could tap into but then I have to turn off things like movement since it won't work through windows. Any wide angle camera would do then. The only other problem is that the batteries will fail to operate if it's too cold out and here in Thunder Bay, winter days and nights can get really cold. The sunroom however will stay well above freezing so at this point, it seems this is my only option for a security camera.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1881 posts
1094 upvotes
DougO wrote: The reason I wanted a battery operated one is that the outside of my house has a porch/sunroom that is completely enclosed but has no power outlet nearby that I can wire into. I *could* put it inside the room since there is an overhead light there that I could tap into but then I have to turn off things like movement since it won't work through windows. Any wide angle camera would do then. The only other problem is that the batteries will fail to operate if it's too cold out and here in Thunder Bay, winter days and nights can get really cold. The sunroom however will stay well above freezing so at this point, it seems this is my only option for a security camera.
I'm in a similar dilemma too and that was why I explored Arlo a few years ago. I couldn't swallow the price at the time for what it was for Arlo. I really wanted to be sold on this camera, but just settled for Wyze and have it mounted inside the house looking out. It's basically useless at night with IR reflecting on the glass but serves its purpose to live watch while at work.

As long as you know its limitations and purpose, it's not terrible at $50/camera. What makes this deal cold is having to run around the city chasing the handful of stock that all of RFD is after (yes, I live in Downtown Canada).