Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] YMMV $99 Netgear Arlo PRO Wireless Security System with 2 HD Cameras - White

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2020 7:58 am
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3152 posts
1072 upvotes
Toronto
Some more WM's reduced their prices today to $99 I managed to snag two at the Oshawa Kingsway. Showed 3 in stock only had 2 in the cabinet, bought them. Thx OP.
Apr 13, 2015
51 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
Picked one up, honestly still not sure if I should keep this over the Blink XT2 that I had purchased before they changed over to paid subscription.
May 25, 2011
33 posts
41 upvotes
sebm19 wrote: Picked one up, honestly still not sure if I should keep this over the Blink XT2 that I had purchased before they changed over to paid subscription.
Sounds like a couple of you might still be deciding if you're going to keep it or not. Please let me know if you're not keeping it, I'll take it. Thanks :)
Apr 27, 2012
710 posts
503 upvotes
Ottawa
sebm19 wrote: Picked one up, honestly still not sure if I should keep this over the Blink XT2 that I had purchased before they changed over to paid subscription.
Let me know what you think. I'm in the same position. I put up the Arlo the other night but haven't had a chance to look. I'm not super impressed with it given the resolution but maybe that's m there are other reasons to keep this over the xt2
Apr 13, 2015
51 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
benzylique wrote: Let me know what you think. I'm in the same position. I put up the Arlo the other night but haven't had a chance to look. I'm not super impressed with it given the resolution but maybe that's m there are other reasons to keep this over the xt2
Yeah was in the market to pick up another blink @ $85 for the backyard. $100 for 2 arlo cameras is cheaper and I like the look of the arlo haha
Dec 27, 2012
8 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
ITT: People arguing about 720p from a security camera, as I watch Netflix on my 720p TV. Neutral Face
Apr 24, 2015
26 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Picked up the last one from the North York store. I got lucky too, because one of the other Walmart reps said she couldn't find it for another customer that was looking for the same.
Nov 1, 2010
62 posts
3 upvotes
Kelowna
I'm down for the Arlo Pro 2. Anybody willing to sell to me?
Feb 26, 2020
62 posts
105 upvotes
BC
live_4ever wrote: Does anyone know whether you can plug the camera in for the vms3230 so you don't have to use batteries?
Here's a youtube video of a guy connecting a 20 foot usb cable specifically for Arlo Cameras.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1295 posts
952 upvotes
Ottawa
How are these with the cold?
Nov 1, 2006
416 posts
236 upvotes
I'll pay you $125 for it.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10637 posts
4997 upvotes
I wanted this system,anyone who found in wpg who wants to make a bit let me know ill buy it.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Oct 29, 2018
6 posts
Thank you OP!

Been lucky to found one set $99 at WM Victoriaville plus WD SSD 256gb at $29.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4221 posts
469 upvotes
Markham, ON
cloak wrote: How are these with the cold?
They suck. If you plug it in from the start (before winter), you're able to use it at just around the -10 mark. If you're on battery only, it wouldn't work below -5.
The software would say somewhere along the line "too cold, charging paused" or "too cold, cannot operate until you warm it up" Solar panel is useless in the winter time as well because the snow/ice would cover it so it doesn't give enough power to charge the camera but if it's too cold, it wouldn't charge regardless.

Camera quality is compressed 720p so you really can't see any license plate details or the person's face 10 feet away. Night vision is blurry by itself but it's better when you have the lights on plug night vision.
That's my experience.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2779 posts
1664 upvotes
Victoria
adnancehic wrote: ITT: People arguing about 720p from a security camera, as I watch Netflix on my 720p TV. Neutral Face
Not sure what your point is? Same resolution with two very different applications.
Apr 27, 2012
710 posts
503 upvotes
Ottawa
Hi,

If anyone in ottawa wants to buy this off me at cost I'll sell it to you. I did open it and test out one camera but I think I will just keep my Blink xt2s.
Sep 15, 2015
664 posts
480 upvotes
Mooooonnn
I am willing to buy one off I am in gta and don’t mind pay the mailing. I can pay half up front
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
May 27, 2008
293 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
cloak wrote: How are these with the cold?
For a second opinion: I've had this set for a ~3 years now. I live in Brampton and I haven't experienced any cold related issues. It's always functioned for me even in crazy cold. Batteries last 'up to 6 months' but I'll typically have to charge 1x over the winter for the back door - maybe 2x if that for the front. It's actually better than I thought it would be.

Side note: The software updates have historically been horrible with what seems to be little testing going on, but have not been as bad over the last year +.
Dec 4, 2011
211 posts
63 upvotes
Gta
I will buy off someone if you change your mind. Durham/Peterborough/ Gta area. Thanks