Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] YMMV $99 Netgear Arlo PRO Wireless Security System with 2 HD Cameras - White

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2020 7:58 am
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10782 posts
2969 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Found a pro and the non pro models at a store in Kitchener. Three stores had been hit by an arsonist a couple weeks back, so though they had stock they were closed for weeks. They reopened today and I was able to get them. One of the other stores in Waterloo that was closed also shows stock of the non pro model.

For those wondering, the Pro works fine with Homekit. But it doesn’t support Homekit secure video unless you find a Pro 2
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Mar 6, 2013
260 posts
192 upvotes
Saint John, NB
I finally got one. One of my local stores still had one in the cabinet but still had it at $400 so I was patiently checking stocktrack each morning. Finally this morning it went down to $99.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10782 posts
2969 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Seems like the batteries with mine are dying. At first they running down at a rate that I figured they might last a month or 2. But once the temp got close to 0, they were draining within hours. I charged them up fully and they both ran to 0% in under 12 hours. Brought them inside and tried and they were both dead in under 15 hours.

Arlo is sending me a couple replacement batteries. If that doesn’t work, they’ll send replacement cameras (hoping for Pro 2 in that case).

While the batteries are pretty clearly defective or old, it has got me thinking of using them wired. Anyone tried the solar chargers for these? Also, at one point when I first brought them in to charge the app said it was too cold to charge (was about -1 that day) and it took a few minutes for the unit to start charging indoors. I’m wondering if that would be a problem with plugging them in, when the temps drops any lower.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4221 posts
469 upvotes
Markham, ON
ceredon wrote: Seems like the batteries with mine are dying. At first they running down at a rate that I figured they might last a month or 2. But once the temp got close to 0, they were draining within hours. I charged them up fully and they both ran to 0% in under 12 hours. Brought them inside and tried and they were both dead in under 15 hours.

Arlo is sending me a couple replacement batteries. If that doesn’t work, they’ll send replacement cameras (hoping for Pro 2 in that case).

While the batteries are pretty clearly defective or old, it has got me thinking of using them wired. Anyone tried the solar chargers for these? Also, at one point when I first brought them in to charge the app said it was too cold to charge (was about -1 that day) and it took a few minutes for the unit to start charging indoors. I’m wondering if that would be a problem with plugging them in, when the temps drops any lower.
Arlo customer service is the worst. They will send you refurbished replacement. You wouldn't get a model upgrade.
Mine doesn't go down that quick, but it definitely doesn't last more than 2 months with 1-2 daily motion activities.

I have mine plugged in at all times. It's a pain to take it on and off to charge the battery.
The solar panel is only good for the first year (none winter) then after it loses it's ability to charge quick enough as the haze forms on the plastic due to the UV from the sun or snow/ice covering.
When it was working, it would just trickle charge and only good for cameras with little motion activities. The solar panel doesn't work well to keep an active camera (drive way with walkway) charged the whole day.

Winter time is a different story, the camera will stop charging around -5 Celsius (plugged in) and stop functioning at -10 Celsius for me because it's too cold. It's not built for canadian winter.
Solar panel is useless once it hits 0 degrees.

I'm going to replace my 3 arlo pros with ring floodlights.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10782 posts
2969 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
yhap2003 wrote: Arlo customer service is the worst. They will send you refurbished replacement. You wouldn't get a model upgrade.
Mine doesn't go down that quick, but it definitely doesn't last more than 2 months with 1-2 daily motion activities.

I have mine plugged in at all times. It's a pain to take it on and off to charge the battery.
The solar panel is only good for the first year (none winter) then after it loses it's ability to charge quick enough as the haze forms on the plastic due to the UV from the sun or snow/ice covering.
When it was working, it would just trickle charge and only good for cameras with little motion activities. The solar panel doesn't work well to keep an active camera (drive way with walkway) charged the whole day.

Winter time is a different story, the camera will stop charging around -5 Celsius (plugged in) and stop functioning at -10 Celsius for me because it's too cold. It's not built for canadian winter.
Solar panel is useless once it hits 0 degrees.

I'm going to replace my 3 arlo pros with ring floodlights.
Well, you weren’t wrong....

Received the RMA package today. Instead of two batteries, they sent one. Oh, and it’s the wrong type of battery, likely from a pro 3 or ultra and it doesn’t fit. Got in touch with CS again. We’ll see if the right ones come this time.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1393 posts
769 upvotes
ceredon wrote: While the batteries are pretty clearly defective or old, it has got me thinking of using them wired. Anyone tried the solar chargers for these? Also, at one point when I first brought them in to charge the app said it was too cold to charge (was about -1 that day) and it took a few minutes for the unit to start charging indoors. I’m wondering if that would be a problem with plugging them in, when the temps drops any lower.
I have 10 of the Arlo Pros. I have 1 plugged into the wall (garage), 2 that are just on battery, and 7 of them on solar panels. For higher traffic locations, the solar panel might not be able to keep up with the usage. Once the battery is dead, it will not charge via solar panel. There always has to be enough battery in order to charge. For low to medium traffic locations, the solar panels are pretty good. It's made everything a lot easier as I don't have to change out the batteries as often. In fact, some lower traffic locations, I don't think I've ever changed the battery. Make sure you can put the solar panel is a good location and can get lots of sun. Also, every once in a while, you need to wipe/clean the solar panels as well. The one plugged into the garage is also great. Never have to worry about it.

While not perfect, I think they're pretty good for what they are...
May 4, 2020
7 posts
5 upvotes
Is it possible to purchase it online and ask for a price adjustment in store if they have that price?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1388 posts
1347 upvotes
GTA
The product is great, I’ve been using them for 3 years and I’ve yet to have a completely dead battery. I use all of them on the exterior of my home all year round.

Configure them correctly and they won’t be drained in less than 12 hours. I can’t see how my 3 year old batteries are doing better than your new ones. My front door camera which gets triggered several times a day lasts at least a month.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10782 posts
2969 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Slono wrote: The product is great, I’ve been using them for 3 years and I’ve yet to have a completely dead battery. I use all of them on the exterior of my home all year round.

Configure them correctly and they won’t be drained in less than 12 hours. I can’t see how my 3 year old batteries are doing better than your new ones. My front door camera which gets triggered several times a day lasts at least a month.
I’d love to hear what configuration would fix a dead battery.

Strong wifi, close to base, armed with sensitivity down to 20%, not watching live video...dead in 12 hours. They do last longer indoors, but it was around 0 outside so not super cold. Even then, it’s maybe a day.

Mine are “new” but they’ve probably been sitting on a shelf for 3 years.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2698 posts
2223 upvotes
Toronto
haulalert99 wrote: Is it possible to purchase it online and ask for a price adjustment in store if they have that price?
No, online orders can only be returned in-store.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10782 posts
2969 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Dhanushan wrote: No, online orders can only be returned in-store.
That, and a lot of stores are now enforcing a “no returns on clearance” policy.