• May 28th, 2019 11:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2286 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto

[Walmart] YMMV - Forest Gump Blu-ray 25th Anniversary Edition $9.96

I bought a new Blu-ray of Forest Gump - 25th Anniversary Edition for $9.96 from the Rexdale Walmart in Etobicoke. It comes with 2 discs, where one is the remastered movie, and the other has bonus behind the scenes content. It even comes with a digital code to download the movie to iTunes. I checked other competitor stores, and Amazon is selling this at regular price at $16.99, while Best Buy is selling this at regular price at $22.99. There's no URL web link on Walmart's website to find this movie. I found this while just checking out movies in the movie section, and there's 3 copies left at Rexdale.

I remembered RFD member seafish's online web tracker to track for inventory, and entered the proper UPC "3242931772" (the full number is 032429317728, but you don't include the "0" in the front and "8" at the end), but for some odd reason although it shows the right price, the stock in all nearby stores show "Out of Stock", even at my local Walmart, which is impossible because I just bought it 10 minutes ago and there were still 3 copies left. I would imagine not a lot of shoppers would be at Walmart looking for this specific older movie, as it's still early in the day and the majority of people are at work, so I don't get why the online web-tool is showing out of stock.

Anyways, for those of you who wanted this blu-ray version then just try looking at your local Walmart to see if it's there or not. Good luck.
Last edited by tigerhawk33 on May 23rd, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3595 posts
5705 upvotes
Kitchener
Price in title please!
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1471 posts
5191 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Daaaaaaamn Forrest. 25 years already?
What's in your wallet?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2286 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto
NowJoJo wrote: Price in title please!
I put the price in the title, but just a fair bit of warning if you aren't already familiar with the posting format or rules. There's a specific field to enter in the price, and I've asked previously if I'm required to put the price into the title. At the time I was told "no" since there's a field already made for the price, so if the rules have changed then please point it out to me.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14616 posts
27488 upvotes
Scarborough
tigerhawk33 wrote: I put the price in the title, but just a fair bit of warning if you aren't already familiar with the posting format or rules. There's a specific field to enter in the price, and I've asked previously if I'm required to put the price into the title. At the time I was told "no" since there's a field already made for the price, so if the rules have changed then please point it out to me.
You're right that there's no rule that states you need to include the price in the title however when it's a possible to do so (e.g: a single item and not a list of items), it's always recommended. This makes it easier for everyone viewing the forum to get a sense of the deal before decided to open the thread. Many of the fields, "Sale price" included, don't get used/displayed which essentially makes them useless and I've been pushing to get them removed for a while now.

Back to the deal, thanks for sharing. It's one of my all time favourite movies so I hope people can find it out in the wild.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2286 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: You're right that there's no rule that states you need to include the price in the title however when it's a possible to do so (e.g: a single item and not a list of items), it's always recommended. This makes it easier for everyone viewing the forum to get a sense of the deal before decided to open the thread. Many of the fields, "Sale price" included, don't get used/displayed which essentially makes them useless and I've been pushing to get them removed for a while now.

Back to the deal, thanks for sharing. It's one of my all time favourite movies so I hope people can find it out in the wild.
Thanks TomRFD. I really love this movie. By the way, have you noticed this post has been viewed by over a 100 members & non-members, but not a single up-vote?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14616 posts
27488 upvotes
Scarborough
tigerhawk33 wrote: Thanks TomRFD. I really love this movie. By the way, have you noticed this post has been viewed by over a 100 members & non-members, but not a single up-vote?
Not that uncommon with YMMV deals. If it were available online at this price I'm sure it would be more popular.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Nov 25, 2016
543 posts
395 upvotes
Burnaby
Time to run to the nearest walmart..
Jul 4, 2012
71 posts
38 upvotes
ST ALBERT
Never should have beat Shawshank Redemption for best picture...
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14226 posts
4735 upvotes
Toronto
CortexiphanKid wrote: Never should have beat Shawshank Redemption for best picture...
Actually the travesty was that it beat Pulp Fiction.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1504 posts
346 upvotes
GTA
Good deal if you want to add to your bluray collection. I watched it last week on Amazon Prime. I can't remember when i watched it the first time. Too long ago.
----------------------------------------------------
Koodo $60/10GB plan - Medium Tab
Lucky Mobile $25 plan
Speakout + $10 unlimited text
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3871 posts
1395 upvotes
Montreal
tigerhawk33 wrote: Thanks TomRFD. I really love this movie. By the way, have you noticed this post has been viewed by over a 100 members & non-members, but not a single up-vote?
I can't speak for others, but I came here amazed/curious that a) people would actually pay to see this again (great movie, but hasn't everyone seen it like 10+ times?) and b)that people still buy Blurays. I didn't come here thinking to upvote or downvote or even to comment ...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2286 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto
GT!! wrote: I can't speak for others, but I came here amazed/curious that a) people would actually pay to see this again (great movie, but hasn't everyone seen it like 10+ times?) and b)that people still buy Blurays. I didn't come here thinking to upvote or downvote or even to comment ...
There are some movies where they're not streamed on any legit site (Netflix, Prime, Hulu, etc.), and if you do happen to find a stream from a site that you know is not legit the quality can be pretty piss-poor at times. There are some movies that I consider collectible treasures, such as a majority of the Criterion Collection (Dr Strangelove, Naked Lunch, Brood, etc.), Donnie Darko, Silver Streak (very expensive), Demetrius and the Gladiators (sequel to The Robe), and so many others. To each his/her own.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2286 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote: Actually the travesty was that it beat Pulp Fiction.
There are so many great movies, and at times when I see or hear about various award shows declaring film "X" over other films as Best [insert category here] that I tend to wonder if there's a hidden agenda behind certain decisions.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2286 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto
NickC13632 wrote: does forrest gump come with a digital code?
Yes, the 25th anniversary edition that I bought came with a digital code, but it only works for iTunes. I now have it in my iTunes library to watch on the go.
Nov 10, 2005
351 posts
199 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: Actually the travesty was that it beat Pulp Fiction.
The real travesty was that Three Colours: Red didn't win - or was even nominated.