• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2019 5:23 am
[OP]
Mar 12, 2012
416 posts
224 upvotes
Belleville

[Walmart] YMMV: Leatherman wave multitool $59

YMMV Leatherman wave multitool on clearance at Walmart.

Spotted at Belleville store on the clearance shelf at the back of the store, near sporting goods (same shelf as $1 fox 40 whistles)
Images
  • 20190821_172102.jpg
21 replies
Jun 3, 2013
368 posts
328 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal; on your original photo can you read the SKU so we can search it?
May 12, 2012
256 posts
105 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
I remember when these were going for $20
I wasn’t able to get one then
[OP]
Mar 12, 2012
416 posts
224 upvotes
Belleville
essehh wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 11:42 pm
$20! That's amazing! I bought mine at home depot again a price match from a RFD member receipt. I got mine for 40/50 and thought THAT was a screaming deal. (5ish years ago)
Jul 12, 2017
17 posts
8 upvotes
I bought this for $30 a few years back, nice knife but I like the skeletool better.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3261 posts
461 upvotes
Hamilton
I work in the industrial maintenance field and the wave is my daily carry both at work and at home.

I have worn out my leather sheath and need to find a replacement. Right now I can only find it on leatherman's website.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2012
416 posts
224 upvotes
Belleville
nothing911 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 8:13 am
I bought this for $30 a few years back, nice knife but I like the skeletool better.
I have the Skeletool too! I find it not as comfortable to actually use, and I miss scissors on it, but I do like the weight of it.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2012
416 posts
224 upvotes
Belleville
adblink182 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 8:19 am
I work in the industrial maintenance field and the wave is my daily carry both at work and at home.

I have worn out my leather sheath and need to find a replacement. Right now I can only find it on leatherman's website.
Swisstool X is my daily carry. I prefer to to the Leatherman in every way but one -- I like the blade(s) on the leatherman tools better.

I do take the Wave as my primary carry when I go camping. I'd be less upset if I lost it.

They are all nice tools though,
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1972 posts
1582 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
essehh wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 11:42 pm
I think you are talking about the Leatherman Sidekick for $20 when I did a search for that.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1972 posts
1582 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Just came back from the Steeles and Markham Rd location in the GTA.

I searched all over the store in camping, fishing, sporting goods, and hardware and checked with two employees and no dice. The stock website said 3 was in stock beside the 'out of stock'. First lady wasn't really wanting to help and when she typed the code in, it said nothing found.

I figured she mistyped so I checked on some other stuff then as I didn't want to bother her again as she seemed grumpy. I checked with another lady and this time she found 3 but when we checked all around nothing showed up and was told all stock would be on the floor.

Figure I'd save someone the time as I spent 40mins in traffic trying to get there and a bit longer on the return due to traffic jams.

I did find a Stanley FatMax multitool listed for $25.00 in hardware on sale or clearence. I think it was $10 off.

If you plan on going to this location and coming on Steeles stay in the outside or middle lane before Warden because they took an inch out of the road in the curb lane about like 2-2.5 TTC bus lengths which I didn't see when I was behind the TTC. -.-;; After Warden there are no more cut outs in the road.

EDIT:

Not sure if you can PM with Lowe's next door. I was checking them out if they had any plants on clearance but forgot to see if they had the leatherman wave in stock. According the Lowe's website they stock it.
Last edited by thedealhunter2000 on Aug 22nd, 2019 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12975 posts
3622 upvotes
Toronto
This is the older version without the replaceable wire cutters. The newer Wave+ has replaceable cutters and a much better sheath, they finally ditched the Velcro crap.

This is still a good deal, OOS in the GTA though.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12975 posts
3622 upvotes
Toronto
Xoanan wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 9:00 am
Swisstool X is my daily carry. I prefer to to the Leatherman in every way but one -- I like the blade(s) on the leatherman tools better.

I do take the Wave as my primary carry when I go camping. I'd be less upset if I lost it.

They are all nice tools though,
Swisstool is great but it would be nice to see one handed opening knife blades.

I own several multis but if I had to pick a fave, it would be the Wave or the Surge. I EDC a Surge because I like the outside opening scissors and the fact that you can swap out saw blades.