• Sep 12th, 2021 3:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2016
1026 posts
1271 upvotes
canada

[Walmart] YMMV: TERRO 6-Pack Liquid Ant Baits $2

YMMV but my local Walmart has the Terro liquid ant bait on clearance for $2.

There was a previous deal on Amazon for $4. This stuff is highly regarded and you can keep it for a couple years.

My store is St Albert AB.

Link to the previous deal/discussion:

amazon-ca-terro-ant-killer-liquid-baits-4-2483526/
Last edited by dustinsa on Aug 26th, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Aug 25, 2011
335 posts
361 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
OP, may I know which store yours is? All my nearby stores are selling for $4, although still a good deal
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2016
1026 posts
1271 upvotes
canada
bullbell wrote: OP, may I know which store yours is? All my nearby stores are selling for $4, although still a good deal
St Albert Alberta. Think they had 68 or so.
Aug 25, 2011
335 posts
361 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Thanks. Don't think they'll price match that in Ontario Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Oct 27, 2009
661 posts
445 upvotes
Hamilton
Shows 180 in stock in stock tracker in local store, but the website shows zero in stock. What are the chances they are there?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3927 posts
1382 upvotes
Belle River
These small ants in a basement bathroom don't seem to be interested in the bait container at all. So I squeezed out the liquid onto the floor a few times, they seemed to go check it out quickly but then the next day the puddle is still there but the ants are just roaming around as usual not interested in it. Maybe they aren't looking for food in that area, maybe water or something else I don't know, but the bait doesn't seem to work at all in this case.
Dec 11, 2006
466 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
hystavito wrote: These small ants in a basement bathroom don't seem to be interested in the bait container at all. So I squeezed out the liquid onto the floor a few times, they seemed to go check it out quickly but then the next day the puddle is still there but the ants are just roaming around as usual not interested in it. Maybe they aren't looking for food in that area, maybe water or something else I don't know, but the bait doesn't seem to work at all in this case.
Maybe the ants in your basement are ants that prefer protein instead of sugars. I believe these Terro ones are for sweet eating ants (I think these are just a mixture of borax and sugar). Other products have bait for protein eating ants (similar to peanut butter).

This link describes it a bit:
Protein or sugar ants
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3927 posts
1382 upvotes
Belle River
aznmidnite wrote: Maybe the ants in your basement are ants that prefer protein instead of sugars. I believe these Terro ones are for sweet eating ants (I think these are just a mixture of borax and sugar). Other products have bait for protein eating ants (similar to peanut butter).

This link describes it a bit:
Protein or sugar ants
People discussed the protein/sugar issue in the other thread, but with the very large amount of positive feedback from RFD'ers I just assumed my ants would also like these baits. I'll prepare some beef & borax stew for them heh.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1669 posts
4870 upvotes
Montreal
Found in my local walmart in montreal.
Images
  • IMG_20210911_161207.jpg