Hot Deals

[Walmart] (YMMV) Walmart - GoZone Weight Plates. 2lb - $2.98, 5lb - $6.98, 10lb - $13.98

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2021 6:03 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2244 posts
3204 upvotes

[Walmart] (YMMV) Walmart - GoZone Weight Plates. 2lb - $2.98, 5lb - $6.98, 10lb - $13.98

This is YMMV, but Walmart has been restocking their 1" GoZone weight plates. Best for dumbbell handles, or if you have a 1" barbell. Those aren't sale prices, but regular price. At the moment, you probably won't beat it anywhere really.

Stocktrack - 2.5LB - $2.98
Stocktrack - 5LB - $6.98
Stocktrack - 10LB - $13.98
Stocktrack - 25LB - $34.98

In Winnipeg, almost every store was restocked with 10lb, 5lb, and 2.5lb plates. So check around you as they may have restocked. But, they weren't putting any on the shelves. Every location was the same, nothing on the shelf. I asked an associate at the 3rd location I was at, and they just said to check the aisle, but of course it was empty. Then I mentioned the Walmart website said it was available locally (didn't mention stocktrack). That's when they went to the back and actually started unboxing them and just giving them to me.

Gozone.jpg

Yes, I bought a lot. No, I'm not scalping any of them. They're all for my home gym!
Last edited by Caerus on Feb 2nd, 2021 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
22 replies
Jan 19, 2020
15 posts
116 upvotes
Shame GoZone/Walmart raised the prices on these. They used to be cheaper then CAP at < $1/lb. I havent seen CAP put anything back in stock so maybe they are prioritizing other sellers..
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2841 posts
2245 upvotes
Main & Hastings
Either buy it now or prices get even higher.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2244 posts
3204 upvotes
edwinSantos wrote: Shame GoZone/Walmart raised the prices on these. They used to be cheaper then CAP at < $1/lb. I havent seen CAP put anything back in stock so maybe they are prioritizing other sellers..
I haven't seen 1" CAP plates in stock at Walmart since probably close to the beginning of the pandemic.

But I doubt you're going to see any weight plates in general go down to $1/lb or less for a long time.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3850 posts
2402 upvotes
Vancouver
chilli604 wrote: Either buy it now or prices get even higher.
Actually prices should be slowly dropping as gyms start opening. I think Alberta is opening their gyms again feb 8.

That said if you need them, you shouldn’t wait.
Sep 30, 2007
148 posts
81 upvotes
Saint-Constant, Qc
FYI Walmart liquidated all of their Cap stuff in Fall 2019 to make way for GoZone. I only saw Cap stuff on their website after the pandemic hit. (Bought a bunch of fixed weights ans 1" plates and handles at $1/piece back then. Sold them and upgraded for better gear since then.
Jan 19, 2020
15 posts
116 upvotes
I haven't been in store in who knows how long but they had some 10's from CAP on their site in late October and some 25's soon after that I foolishly didn't jump on right away. They sold out of 10's in 24 hours but they had over 1k plates. The demand for weights is very finite chances are if you haven't set up a home gym after a year of them being closed or at least closed intermittently the odds of you starting one are slim.

The resell market has started to level out at least where I am it wasn't uncommon to see plates selling for $3/lb but they've settled around $2 now with many of them being scalpers who bought around $1/lb.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2244 posts
3204 upvotes
Yeah, that's probably why I haven't seen CAP plates there for around a year, and likely won't be restocked. Makes sense that they'd clear them out if they were going to have their in house gozone as replacements.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1884 posts
2347 upvotes
GTA
There is also 25lb for $34.98. Same $1.40/lb as the other gozone weight plates.
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/gozone-25l ... 0200221195
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=19173024245

Your local WM may also have kettlebells in stock if you're looking for something different. Looks like more around now than even 2 weeks ago.
Basic cast iron, bottom is vinyl covered, handle is painted cast iron, not finished that nicely, but you can probably find one that is good enough. Some have noticeable casting marks on the inside of the handle; you don't want those.
Between $2/lb and $2.50/lb, so more expensive than AmazonBasics, but at least you can see if you find a decently finished one before buying.
35lb kettlebell - $69.88 https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=19173024234 (35lb is about 16kg)
20lb kettlebell - $49.88 https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=19173024233
15lb kettlebell - $36.88 https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=19173024232
10lb kettlebell - $24.88 https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=19173024231
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2244 posts
3204 upvotes
karlb wrote: .
Nice, I'll add the 25s to the OP.

I'd probably avoid the Walmart kettlebells though. Yeah, they're already a good bit more expensive than the ones you can get on amazon, but also all of the ones I saw there did not look that great.
Aug 6, 2014
71 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Neither the Walmart app nor stocktrac are accurate. Even the WM associate app is not accurate. I have been to several stores that should stock in all of these systems but yet none to be found.
Apr 9, 2008
129 posts
85 upvotes
Spqr2000 wrote: Neither the Walmart app nor stocktrac are accurate. Even the WM associate app is not accurate. I have been to several stores that should stock in all of these systems but yet none to be found.
This is correct, you basically gotta go into a store and get lucky

These are the best deal around right now if you can get them, good quality

Of course, you probably won't because scalpers, but worth a chance checking if you are passing by a Walmart or going anyways
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2244 posts
3204 upvotes
metallica86 wrote: Thanks OP, might grab some while they're still in stock.
Any recommend for a good bench?
sorry to hijack, is it any good? https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/fitness-re ... 0196090702
That's a good bench, and one of the few that can support 800lbs without being super expensive. It does drop into the $150 - $160 range occasionally though. But if you need one right now, it's still a good choice.

I currently use the Fitness reality 2000 bench. The upgraded version of the 1000 that has a few more features and supports a bit more weight. You can see the leg attachment in the pic in the OP Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes.
May 22, 2012
675 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto
Spqr2000 wrote: Neither the Walmart app nor stocktrac are accurate. Even the WM associate app is not accurate. I have been to several stores that should stock in all of these systems but yet none to be found.
mark1937 wrote: This is correct, you basically gotta go into a store and get lucky

These are the best deal around right now if you can get them, good quality

Of course, you probably won't because scalpers, but worth a chance checking if you are passing by a Walmart or going anyways
Exactly, I went to two stores last week that apparently had stock only to fin none. Today I checked randomly while doing grocery shopping and found 6 10lb plates. Just need a couple more 10s and a few 5lbs and I should be good.

Any recommendations on handles? I saw some go zone ones at Walmart but I can’t seem to find a max weight rating... I know people on RFD recommend the Pepin handles but they are pretty pricey and I don’t lift that heavy.
Aug 6, 2014
71 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
2 thumbs up for the OP. (never noticed WM sells plates until this post)

Thumbs down for WM archaic inventory system. (c'mon it's 2021)

Two broken thumbs for all the f***ing scalpers! (may they get crushed by their own plates)
Sep 14, 2007
895 posts
306 upvotes
Spqr2000 wrote: Two broken thumbs for all the f***ing scalpers! (may they get crushed by their own plates)
This. May the market price fall like $GME and all of them have tons of stock they can't get rid of that they must liquidate at huge losses.
Apr 9, 2008
129 posts
85 upvotes
platinumtiger19 wrote: Exactly, I went to two stores last week that apparently had stock only to fin none. Today I checked randomly while doing grocery shopping and found 6 10lb plates. Just need a couple more 10s and a few 5lbs and I should be good.

Any recommendations on handles? I saw some go zone ones at Walmart but I can’t seem to find a max weight rating... I know people on RFD recommend the Pepin handles but they are pretty pricey and I don’t lift that heavy.
Do you mean the dumbells? There is no way you can load more weight on the dumbells than they can handle so you are good there, buy those

The barbell would have a limit, I am seeing 225ish online, they are probably fine for that for static lifts like bench press or squats, I wouldn't olympic lift that much with them though
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2244 posts
3204 upvotes
Going strictly by the gozone plates from Walmart, and the 14" gozone dumbbell handles here. You can fit 3 x 10lb plates and 1 x 2.5lb plate on each side for a total of 65lbs with the collars on securely. If you're careful, and/or are a little more "care free" with the lock collars and safety, you can swap the 2.5lb plates for 5lb plates and still get a slight lock with the collars, so 70lbs total on the dumbbell handles. They'll handle that weight no problem, it's fitting the plates on those particular dumbbell handles that will limit you. You can't go higher than 70lbs on the Walmart handles. You'd need to buy longer ones.