• Apr 6th, 2020 9:29 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
1999 posts
3495 upvotes
Toronto

[Walmart] [YMMV] ZeroWater 12 Cup Ready Pour Pitcher with Free TDS Meter $10

My Walmart seems like to have this item in clearance.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=85151000608

Plenty left at Gerard Square Toronto
Images
  • 7EDBDEFE-79EC-4FF8-A6E9-31FEFB79BC0A.jpeg
Last edited by LarryT778370 on Apr 5th, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Sep 2, 2007
730 posts
225 upvotes
I have one of the Zero pitchers the replacement filters are expensive
We have it because we are on a well and our water has a lot of dissolved solids
The Zero filter was the only filter that I could find that removes dissolved solids

Most people want a water filter to remove chlorine etc taste from municipal water
There are lots of cheaper options available if that is what you need
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
1999 posts
3495 upvotes
Toronto
billrush wrote: I have one of the Zero pitchers the replacement filters are expensive
The Zero filter was the only filter that I could find that removes dissolved solids

Most people want a water filter to remove chlorine etc taste from municipal water
Yeah. Checked the filter price, it’s not cheap. But will give it a try since it’s $10 with filter included.
Oct 8, 2016
55 posts
28 upvotes
billrush wrote: I have one of the Zero pitchers the replacement filters are expensive

I was just gonna say the same thing. A replacement filter for my pitcher, is like double or triple the cost of what I paid for the pitcher and filter to begin with.
Oct 7, 2015
545 posts
454 upvotes
Vanier, ON
I have been using Zerowater for a few years, and I am satisfied with it.
As for filter price, yes it is expense. But, I always buy 8 pack filters from Bed Bath and Beyond with 20% coupon, at any of the Mega Miles/Shop the block event with 20x airmiles. After all these, it ends up around $10 per filter.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1210 posts
396 upvotes
MARKHAM
Wow that is a steal.. Great deal, the price you pay for the pitcher you basically get a free tester and filter.
Sep 1, 2015
186 posts
58 upvotes
I also love these filters. Are expensive though. Will check BB&B.

Update, just ordered, around 12$ with coupon(+Airmiles). Thanks x8ssJoe
Jul 25, 2011
151 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Seems to $10 only at the Gerrard location according to stocktrak
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1154 posts
336 upvotes
Hamilton
I think zero water is a great option to filter your water, its filters are hard to beat in the counter top options if you have money to spend.

Zero TDS as you may read with the meter is great but doesn't account for organic matter as those testers determine TDS by testing the water using electric current. Organics like household solvents, pesticides, fuels, and bacteria wont be clearly evident using the testing meter. Zero water only lists metals and inorganics in their removal rates including only 44% of fluoride (on their site) which the city puts in our water system on purpose.

If anyone cares I'm using a reverse osmosis system.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
6031 posts
1917 upvotes
Vancouver area shows a price 44.98 and out of stock at all the locations near me, except for one that has limited stock.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1107 posts
729 upvotes
Montreal

Why not go for a reverse osmosis system? A 5 stage (with a sediment filter first) would be cheaper than a Zerowater pitcher, that's for sure, and give you the same results. Generally you will use a Zerowater if you suspect lead or other heavy metals as it will remove them. Keep in mind you need a minimum water pressure for an RO system for it to work effectively.

For chlorine, check with your municipal water treatment plant and see if they use gas or chloramines. If gas, you can just boil a pot of water for 20 minutes. If not a Brita will do the job and is a lot cheaper.

Also to save on the Zerowater filter cost, Walmart and sometimes Amazon sell the 8 packs for $100.

Finally don't try and stretch out the Zerowater filter. It has a capacity and when used up your water will start smelling fishy. You can go a bit beyond what they recommend but no more than 10 ppm on the TDS meter, IMO.

Aside from ongoing cost Zerowater is an excellent product.
Sep 1, 2015
186 posts
58 upvotes
Wildfire wrote: how did you order online at that price?
Ordered filters with 20% off coupon at Bed Bath & Beyond. Came to 12$ each.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5660 posts
3991 upvotes
Nice find OP... although every stores in my area have it for $45... Upvoted!