Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Zebco Ready Tackle telescopic fishing rods ($7) and spincast reel ($14)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 11:23 am
[OP]
Jul 19, 2006
566 posts
175 upvotes

[Walmart] Zebco Ready Tackle telescopic fishing rods ($7) and spincast reel ($14)

Found these on clearance while looking for a fishing rod for my kids. I do realize these are not superb quality but I'm sure they'll do just fine for some deck-fishing this upcoming summer (hopefully the lockdown is over by then). These are clearance items but so far seem to be in stock.

Spincast fishing rod:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/ready-tack ... 0095749298

Spinning fishing rod:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/zebco-read ... 0095749318

Spincast reel:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/zebco-33n- ... 0201681216
6 replies
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2784 posts
3837 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Thanks OP for the deal. Fishing is one of the most socially distant sport/recreational activity out there. Anyone that has fished for a while knows this because you never know when someoneone might do a bad casting and also you need some swing room pending how you cast sideways or overhead so people are always spaced out.

Much like in Ghostbusters you never want to cross the lines. Why? Because it is bad. :P Tho not as bad as in Ghostbusters the movie but you'll have a tangle mess on your hands or worst your tackle or the other persons tackle gets stuckin the water and you need to cut the lines.

...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12495 posts
7258 upvotes
Markham
Telescopic rod is a great back seat have for those who like to drop a line when they see a tasty fishing spot.

This setup will do fine for kids.

Zebco is a name that goes way way back.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Aug 7, 2019
62 posts
54 upvotes
Thanks OP. This will be perfect for the kids.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2148 posts
607 upvotes
Kitchener
thedealhunter2000 wrote: Thanks OP for the deal. Fishing is one of the most socially distant sport/recreational activity out there. Anyone that has fished for a while knows this because you never know when someoneone might do a bad casting and also you need some swing room pending how you cast sideways or overhead so people are always spaced out.

Much like in Ghostbusters you never want to cross the lines. Why? Because it is bad. :P Tho not as bad as in Ghostbusters the movie but you'll have a tangle mess on your hands or worst your tackle or the other persons tackle gets stuckin the water and you need to cut the lines.

Or, even worse, one of the baits is hit by a fish and you've got a love triangle. Happened and it's not fun. Bought similar years ago (Snoopy characters) and they worked well enough for the kids for years. One quick tip, replace the line.
[OP]
Jul 19, 2006
566 posts
175 upvotes
Im super happy you guys agree these will be good for kids! I was a bit concerned about the length (was actually looking for something in 4ft range) but for this price you cannot go wrong. It gives the kids something to look forward to in these messed up days...

Sam123, why do you recommend replacing the line (as you might have guessed, I'm not a super experienced fisherman Winking Face).
Mar 21, 2009
271 posts
195 upvotes
Hamilton
Thanks my kids have been wanting to try fishing, and I have great memories of fishing with my dad. This is a great way to get started.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)