[Walt Disney World] Disney World Free Dining Offer for Fall/Winter 2019

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2019 10:08 am
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2011
1149 posts
278 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
DoorCrasher wrote: You have many advantages staying at a Disney hotel... Extra magical hours, free transportation from/to hotel as long as the parks are open, no need to pay for a parking at the parks or wait for hotel shuttle with restrictives operation hours...
This was my exact situation.. I am staying at the dolphin and can take advantage of the extra magic hours and the disney shuttles. It was $700 more for me to stay inside vs outside, but I read reviews on how terrible outside shuttle service is.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14155 posts
26578 upvotes
Scarborough
ahhchoo wrote: This was my exact situation.. I am staying at the dolphin and can take advantage of the extra magic hours and the disney shuttles. It was $700 more for me to stay inside vs outside, but I read reviews on how terrible outside shuttle service is.
Being in the Epcot Resort Area alone is worth the extra money IMO. I stayed at Yacht Club last year and the convenience of being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios was incredible.

Anytime we've stayed off-site we always rented a car because like you said, the shuttles at most off-site hotels are pretty bad.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5201 posts
3447 upvotes
ahhchoo wrote: This was my exact situation.. I am staying at the dolphin and can take advantage of the extra magic hours and the disney shuttles. It was $700 more for me to stay inside vs outside, but I read reviews on how terrible outside shuttle service is.
Dolphin hotel is a Disney resort, reason why you have the Disney shuttle and the extra magical hours. But it is not located in Disney's property. About the shuttles never had issues with this service but our 2 trips to Disney were about 10 years ago (2008 and 2011. For sure buses happens to be full, but wait time is more than reasonnable. But this hotel is nit eligible for the free dining plan promotion.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4549 posts
1549 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: Dolphin hotel is a Disney resort, reason why you have the Disney shuttle and the extra magical hours. But it is not located in Disney's property. About the shuttles never had issues with this service but our 2 trips to Disney were about 10 years ago (2008 and 2011. For sure buses happens to be full, but wait time is more than reasonnable. But this hotel is nit eligible for the free dining plan promotion.
The Dolphin is not a Disney resort, which is why you can't get the dining plan.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4695 posts
1375 upvotes
Ottawa
We just went from there for 6 days, 2 adults 1 kid spent $500 USD for food &drink, it’s so expensive there. We can’t eat anything good.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4549 posts
1549 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: That is what I thought as well, but they list it on their website.... https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA ... hin-hotel/#
The Swan/Dolphin is run by Marriott International. They get some of the benefits of staying at a Disney resort but not the Magic/Tragic Express shuttle and dining.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Oct 10, 2014
128 posts
100 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Thanks OP, if I am planning to book December 23 to Dec 27, am I qualify for the deal?
First time so any tips are welcome. Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4549 posts
1549 upvotes
Hamdeals wrote: Thanks OP, if I am planning to book December 23 to Dec 27, am I qualify for the deal?
First time so any tips are welcome. Thanks
No, the deal ends on December 23rd and for good reason. Christmas is always busy, so there's no need to offer incentives.

If you are planning on going over Christmas, plan for the parks to be very, very busy. Staying onsite gets you 60 days advanced FastPass selection, as opposed to 30 days offsite.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14155 posts
26578 upvotes
Scarborough
DoorCrasher wrote: That is what I thought as well, but they list it on their website.... https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA ... hin-hotel/#
Swan and Dolphin is on Disney property but it's not run by Disney. They offer some of the benefits that Disney owned resorts do but not all of them (not eligible for free dining, no magical express service, etc.).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5201 posts
3447 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: Swan and Dolphin is on Disney property but it's not run by Disney. They offer some of the benefits that Disney owned resorts do but not all of them (not eligible for free dining, no magical express service, etc.).
Thanks for the precision. I think that staying at a Disney owned resort worth the extra $$. But why Dolohin resort is listed on Disney website? Probably hecause they have an agreement
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4549 posts
1549 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: Thanks for the precision. I think that staying at a Disney owned resort worth the extra $$. But why Dolohin resort is listed on Disney website? Probably hecause they have an agreement
All the hotels on the WDW property are listed: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/resorts/more/.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14155 posts
26578 upvotes
Scarborough
DoorCrasher wrote: Thanks for the precision. I think that staying at a Disney owned resort worth the extra $$. But why Dolohin resort is listed on Disney website? Probably hecause they have an agreement
Everything is subjective but it's one of the only non-Disney owned properties I'd want to stay at (for a Disney World centred trip). The location is excellent and I just looked up some prices for next month and it's shockingly affordable. A Sunday-Saturday stay in a standard room was only $1,378CDN at Dolphin. For comparison the next cheapest Disney owned hotel in the Epcot Area Resort is BoardWalk Inn which costs $4,279CDN for the same 6-nights.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5201 posts
3447 upvotes
jcon wrote: All the hotels on the WDW property are listed: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/resorts/more/.
Thanks for putting me on the right track... So those hotels have the Disney shuttles orbthey run theirvown shuttles? There is a huge difference between Disney buses who runs all day long and hotel shuttles privately owned or runned buy a private transportation company who have restrictive operation hours
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2011
1149 posts
278 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
TomRFD wrote: Everything is subjective but it's one of the only non-Disney owned properties I'd want to stay at (for a Disney World centred trip). The location is excellent and I just looked up some prices for next month and it's shockingly affordable. A Sunday-Saturday stay in a standard room was only $1,378CDN at Dolphin. For comparison the next cheapest Disney owned hotel in the Epcot Area Resort is BoardWalk Inn which costs $4,279CDN for the same 6-nights.
There will be some daily resort fee (i think 30usd per night) but you will still come out ahead. I was debating on the carribean beach, but the dolphin is 4 stars vs 3 stars assuming you don't mind not having themed rooms.