• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2017 9:30 am
[OP]
Dec 9, 2014
299 posts
172 upvotes
Surrey, BC

Want to buy a new Toyota Corolla 2017?

Hi I would like to buy a new 2017 Toyota Corolla and right now Toyota have a $1500 cash incentive.

What is the best time to get one?
Let's live together & save together
43 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2542 posts
2513 upvotes
Ottawa
Anytime a corolla is brought up, this forum always go full dank meme mode....

OP, the best time to buy is probably around mid to late spring when they start to clear the 2017 models out for the 2018 models. If you want to buy now, shop around, mass email dealerships. You never know if you might strike a good deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2872 posts
635 upvotes
LONDON
For a Corolla, the best time to buy is anytime!

BTW, if you enter your RFD ID into the infotainment system, your Corolla will gain anywhere from 10HP-50HP depending on your contributions on RFD.
[OP]
Dec 9, 2014
299 posts
172 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Chrno wrote: Anytime a corolla is brought up, this forum always go full dank meme mode....

OP, the best time to buy is probably around mid to late spring when they start to clear the 2017 models out for the 2018 models. If you want to buy now, shop around, mass email dealerships. You never know if you might strike a good deal.
Thanks!
[OP]
Dec 9, 2014
299 posts
172 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Can anyone comment on if they purchased a Toyota Corolla last year, what would the discount be if I waited for end of season clear out?
[OP]
Dec 9, 2014
299 posts
172 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Chrno wrote: Anytime a corolla is brought up, this forum always go full dank meme mode....

Hi do you know what kind of discount they offer on the end of year clearance?
Dec 16, 2014
919 posts
500 upvotes
Easter Island
in summer 2016 they had 0% interest & cash incentives to clear out 2016 models. 2017 is a mild refresh
[OP]
Dec 9, 2014
299 posts
172 upvotes
Surrey, BC
karakoram wrote: in summer 2016 they had 0% interest & cash incentives to clear out 2016 models. 2017 is a mild refresh
Right now they have 0% interest and &1500 cash incentive, so do you know what the cash incentive was? Thanks
Dec 16, 2014
919 posts
500 upvotes
Easter Island
Sickdeals wrote: Right now they have 0% interest and &1500 cash incentive, so do you know what the cash incentive was? Thanks
I believe it was $1k but this was in Ontario for LE CVT. the deal you're looking at is for CE trim which is base model
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4651 upvotes
Montreal
Sickdeals wrote: Right now they have 0% interest and &1500 cash incentive, so do you know what the cash incentive was? Thanks
There is no way of knowing what incentives are going to be later on in the year. It's all going to depend on inventory. Honestly, 0% financing AND $1500 rebate at this early stage of the sales year is as good as I've ever seen for a Corolla. This will be one of the cheapest cars to drive and operate daily. Mine (Vibe) has needed nothing but gas, oil changes and a set of brakes in 7.5 years and the car still feels new. These are never heavily discounted, one Corolla has sold average every 40 seconds for 50 years globally. Never seen/heard of a glut of Corolla on dealer lots.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
36806 posts
4970 upvotes
Winnipeg
also check out elantra and spark, they are pretty comparable
WTB amazon gc @90%
[OP]
Dec 9, 2014
299 posts
172 upvotes
Surrey, BC
ottofly wrote: There is no way of knowing what incentives are going to be later on in the year. It's all going to depend on inventory. Honestly, 0% financing AND $1500 rebate at this early stage of the sales year is as good as I've ever seen for a Corolla. This will be one of the cheapest cars to drive and operate daily. Mine (Vibe) has needed nothing but gas, oil changes and a set of brakes in 7.5 years and the car still feels new. These are never heavily discounted, one Corolla has sold average every 40 seconds for 50 years globally. Never seen/heard of a glut of Corolla on dealer lots.
Thanks this is my first time buying a new car soon wanted to do some research first.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1987 posts
508 upvotes
m4r 1k8
I just checked Toyotas website and it was $1000 for the 2017 XSE with CVT. the $1500 is for the 2016 model

Imo id pay the $500 to get the XSE much better looks
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2997 posts
1536 upvotes
AB
Sickdeals wrote: Thanks this is my first time buying a new car soon wanted to do some research first.
If I were financing or especially leasing I would buy now. They have $1k on 2017s and 0% lease / finance. Some ridiculously low lease payments to be had. Great car for they money if you're after reliable, no nonsense transportation.
[OP]
Dec 9, 2014
299 posts
172 upvotes
Surrey, BC
aleks wrote: If I were financing or especially leasing I would buy now. They have $1k on 2017s and 0% lease / finance. Some ridiculously low lease payments to be had. Great car for they money if you're after reliable, no nonsense transportation.
I was looking to pay all cash
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2997 posts
1536 upvotes
AB
Sickdeals wrote: I was looking to pay all cash
The cash incentive is still $1,000 looking at Toyota.ca

I personally wouldn't pay cash unless there was a greater incentive to do so. Their finance rates are 0% for 48 months. 0.99% for 60. Myself, I would take my cash and invest it somewhere safe where it would make me a return over 1%. But, a lot of people like having no payments so it's personal decision.
Banned
Feb 8, 2017
186 posts
135 upvotes
Smart choice. Perfect car for driving in Ontario especialy GTA. Highway speed limit is 100 km/hr. Cops will give you a speeding ticket if you go over 115 km/hr. Whether you buy a $160K Acura NSX or $16K Corolla you will be driving around 115-120 km/hr.

0% financing and another 1500 off is a pretty good deal. You can try to negotiate further.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2542 posts
2513 upvotes
Ottawa
Sickdeals wrote: Hi do you know what kind of discount they offer on the end of year clearance?
Not sure. I never bought a Toyota, but I know in general, most manufactures clears out their inventory at around the same time (mid spring to early summer). If you absolutely need a new car now, get it as the incentives seems not bad. If you can wait, I'd suggest to wait to see what the year ends promotions has. Be aware that vehicles in inventory will get better discounts so if you can be a little flexible with your options and colour, you may end up saving a little more.
[OP]
Dec 9, 2014
299 posts
172 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Chrno wrote: Not sure. I never bought a Toyota, but I know in general, most manufactures clears out their inventory at around the same time (mid spring to early summer). If you absolutely need a new car now, get it as the incentives seems not bad. If you can wait, I'd suggest to wait to see what the year ends promotions has. Be aware that vehicles in inventory will get better discounts so if you can be a little flexible with your options and colour, you may end up saving a little more.
Thanks I may just end up getting one now as the cash incentive and 0% is available and I can choose the car.