• Jun 10th, 2019 10:33 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1600 posts
637 upvotes
ON

Want to deposit $ in another person's account

I want to deposit $$ on a regular basis to someone else's TD account. I would prefer to avoid email $ transfer because they are old and I can't trust them to accept it correctly every time.

I don't have a TD account.

I know I could go into a TD branch in person and get this done, but is there an easy free way to do this electronically?
15 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4676 posts
3839 upvotes
thetipster wrote:
Jun 6th, 2019 9:38 pm
I want to deposit $$ on a regular basis to someone else's TD account. I would prefer to avoid email $ transfer because they are old and I can't trust them to accept it correctly every time.

I know I could go into a TD branch in person and get this done, but is there an easy free way to do this electronically?
Help them set up Auto Deposit?
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
10635 posts
6918 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
thetipster wrote:
Jun 6th, 2019 9:38 pm

Have your recipient setup auto deposit on e-transfer. Hang out with them while doing the first e-transfer, then have them accept the auto deposit feature. It'll be associated with their email.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1409 posts
415 upvotes
You could help them setup Interac email transfer to automatically deposit to their account, which TD supports. Then, when you send them an email transfer it will deposit automatically without their intervention.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
10635 posts
6918 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Nukey wrote:
Jun 6th, 2019 9:45 pm
You could help them setup Interac email transfer to automatically deposit to their account, which TD supports. Then, when you send them an email transfer it will deposit automatically without their intervention.
I posted that a minute before you did 🤣
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1600 posts
637 upvotes
ON
Thanks guys. I know about this auto-deposit feature as I use it on my account as well.
I will probably go this route... wasn't sure if anyone knew of another way.

Other things I thought of was to see if they have a credit card or a trading account. I can just pay those using bill-pay feature.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
10635 posts
6918 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
thetipster wrote:
Jun 6th, 2019 9:56 pm
Thanks guys. I know about this auto-deposit feature as I use it on my account as well.
I will probably go this route... wasn't sure if anyone knew of another way.

Other things I thought of was to see if they have a credit card or a trading account. I can just pay those using bill-pay feature.
CC, yes (and earn pts via PayTM). Trade account... YMMV. It'd probably work, but they tend to not accept BP's from 3rd party.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1600 posts
637 upvotes
ON
Oh, didn't know that... Looks like autodeposit is the first option to try
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
2644 posts
109 upvotes
Calgary
does td support td to td transfers using recipent bank account info? thx
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
5603 posts
2205 upvotes
Kingston, ON
kocoman wrote:
Jun 8th, 2019 6:15 am
does td support td to td transfers using recipent bank account info? thx
They do, yes. Same branch for sure but I think it can do diff branches too.

They’ve also got a “Visa Direct” thing where if you have someone’s 16-digit Visa or Visa Debit number you can send money to that.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
1510 posts
299 upvotes
Montreal
The easiest way is to open a TD account.
Sep 14, 2017
63 posts
52 upvotes
When I had to to this, I just went to a branch and deposited with a clerk.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1376 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was thinking auto-deposit.

Another alternative is to set up a joint account, and put money into that joint account (if you bank at the same bank). They would have to move the money from the joint to their account... well, more like they should do that.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
5145 posts
5046 upvotes
Vancouver
"TD CANADA TRUST LOC" appears as one of my credit union's available bill payees. Does she have a TD line of credit?
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
Jan 7, 2019
118 posts
68 upvotes
If autodeposit is out of the question for you, you can deposit as a 3rd party into someone else's bank account. You will need their name, bank account number, and you can only deposit cash. No CHQs.