Want to purchase my first home - I have some uh.. unique problems
- I've just declared bankruptcy. I have paid my trustee and I sign my discharge papers next week. I have $0 debt
- I have somewhere in the ballpark of $50,000 - $75,000 in cryptocurrency
- My girlfriend's parents said they would chip in around $30,000
- I am 'unemployed' on paper, but I spend my entire day researching and investing in crypto
- I have no idea how to do taxes on my gains, but let's assume for a moment that I'll figure that out later
- My girlfriend works as a server in a restaurant but only has 2 shifts/week doing takeout.
- We have no cosigners
I have questions..
Assuming I have between 70-100k for a home and live 2hrs outside of Toronto
- Will anyone talk to us?
- Should we just get a modular home around ~150k and start there?
- Is it worth talking to a private lender? Will they accept Bitcoin?
- Should I just reinvest crypto until I have enough to just purchase the house outright?
I need help. I'm completely new to this.
Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.