Expired Hot Deals

[Wantboard] Wyze Sense Starter Kit $45. Contact Sensor Kit of 4 $45. Motion Sensor $23. Free Shipping

[OP]
Member
Jan 13, 2008
466 posts
433 upvotes
Thornhill, ON

Wyze Sense Starter Kit $45. Contact Sensor Kit of 4 $45. Motion Sensor $23. Free Shipping

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Wantboard
I was looking to buy just the Wyze sensor starter kit (without camera), and found them on sale on this site.
The price is not as low as I would like, but for someone without US connections this is the best price around.
There is a $10 off for orders over $50 for subscribing to their mail list.

https://www.wantboard.ca/products/wyze- ... 8822601811

Wyze Sense Starter Kit includes:

Wyze Sensor Bridge x1
Wyze Contact Sensor (battery pre-installed) x2
Wyze Motion Sensor (battery pre-installed) x1
Pin x1
Quick Start Guide x1

https://www.wantboard.ca/products/wyze- ... 1102180435
Wyze Sense Contact Sensor Kit includes:

Wyze Contact Sensor (battery pre-installed) x4
Pin x1
Quick Start Guide x1

https://www.wantboard.ca/products/wyze- ... 7671862355

Wyze Sense Motion Sensor includes:

Wyze Sense Motion Sensor x 1
Pin x1
Quick Start Guide x1
12 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2010
3049 posts
817 upvotes
Toronto
Not bad but I think you'd be better off getting the starter kit from amazon for 30 more which includes the camera.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 4, 2006
169 posts
199 upvotes
Decent price. I live near the border and the sense kit cost me around $37 CAD after shipping and po box fees.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2010
3049 posts
817 upvotes
Toronto
qpoqpo wrote: Decent price. I live near the border and the sense kit cost me around $37 CAD after shipping and po box fees.
Does that include fees to cross the border both ways?
Sr. Member
Jul 22, 2019
842 posts
777 upvotes
What company is this. I rather get
On amazon for warranty
Jr. Member
Dec 19, 2011
167 posts
59 upvotes
Hamilton
My friend has two Wyze cameras, think one of them has pan and tilt. If I buy the starter kit for him, is there any other part that is required to work? Just want to make sure I understand, it has the bridge so I'm wondering if this is all you need.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 4, 2006
169 posts
199 upvotes
TheGoodDealer wrote: Does that include fees to cross the border both ways?
Not sure I know what you mean by fees for crossing both ways. I didn't get taxed or hit with duty on the purchase if thats what you meant.

$19.99+$3.99 shipping + $2 po box fee then convert to Cad comes to around $37.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 4, 2006
169 posts
199 upvotes
Marauder2 wrote: My friend has two Wyze cameras, think one of them has pan and tilt. If I buy the starter kit for him, is there any other part that is required to work? Just want to make sure I understand, it has the bridge so I'm wondering if this is all you need.
All you need is any existing wyze cam for the bridge to connect to and a WiFi network.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2010
3049 posts
817 upvotes
Toronto
qpoqpo wrote: Not sure I know what you mean by fees for crossing both ways. I didn't get taxed or hit with duty on the purchase if thats what you meant.

$19.99+$3.99 shipping + $2 po box fee then convert to Cad comes to around $37.
Sorry my mistake, I thought you meant you shipped to the US side and then went to pickup (you pay to cross the border each way), but I guess you have it shipped and picked up in Canada.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 4, 2006
169 posts
199 upvotes
TheGoodDealer wrote: Sorry my mistake, I thought you meant you shipped to the US side and then went to pickup (you pay to cross the border each way), but I guess you have it shipped and picked up in Canada.

What? I get it shipped to Blaine in WA state and I drive across the border to pick up and drive back across to canada. The fee per package for the service I use is a flat rate of $2.00 USD per package. There has never been a fee to just cross the border and back between BC and WA as far as I know.

Are there tolls at other border crossings?

EDIT: Well I just googled it and seems that border tolls are pretty common elsewhere. Learn something new everyday.
Last edited by qpoqpo on Dec 1st, 2019 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2010
3049 posts
817 upvotes
Toronto
qpoqpo wrote:

What? I get it shipped to Blaine in WA state and I drive across the border to pick up and drive back across to canada. The fee per package for the service I use is a flat rate of $2.00 USD per package. There has never been a fee to just cross the border and back between BC and WA as far as I know.

Are there tolls at other border crossings???
Yep there are! I guess we both learned something new :p. To cross at Windsor in Ontario it's about $5 each way (CAD one and USD the other) which means you'd pay about 12 CAD extra for each package you pickup here.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 4, 2006
169 posts
199 upvotes
TheGoodDealer wrote: Yep there are! I guess we both learned something new :p. To cross at Windsor in Ontario it's about $5 each way (CAD one and USD the other) which means you'd pay about 12 CAD extra for each package you pickup here.
Well that's a deal breaker for small purchases. In that case OP's deal is pretty good for a lot of people.

LOL I've literally ordered something that was like $5 on Amazon.com and crossed to just pick it up.
Jr. Member
Dec 19, 2011
167 posts
59 upvotes
Hamilton
qpoqpo wrote: All you need is any existing wyze cam for the bridge to connect to and a WiFi network.
Thanks! Was late at night when I asked, I should have waited until morning and read the manual properly...

From the setup guide "The Wyze Sense Starter Kit includes 1 Sensor Bridge, 2 Contact Sensors, and 1 PIR Motion Sensor. The Bridge acts as a hub that allows your sensors to connect to your home's WiFi via a Wyze Cam v1, v2, or Pan."

Top