Wanted: Car Detailing $100 or less in Markham

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2019 7:43 am
[OP]
Mar 30, 2017
196 posts
105 upvotes

Wanted: Car Detailing $100 or less in Markham

My wife wants her car cleaned inside and out. Any recommendations in Markham?
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9331 posts
1734 upvotes
Toronto
Check out Kijiji.
I assume most detailers give a price only after seeing what condition the car is in though.
So most may say starting from etc.
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
12232 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
I'd say it would also depend on how big the car is. Nissan Micra size or Cadillac Escalade size? Pretty important to know.
Deal with it.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14110 posts
8515 upvotes
Toronto
Is $100 even possible? I mean, what do you call detailing? If you want a wash inside and out, it's going to be more than $100 easy. You might get a car wash from a gas station and vacuum but for someone to do it, highly unlikely. Some places don't wash/shampoo the interior on a standard detailing package, it would be extra. Define your expectations.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6830 posts
5732 upvotes
North York
wash exterior and clean up interior to bring the car to a decent stage, ya less than $100 is possible.
But FULL CAR DETAILYING to bring the car to a SHINY stage, nah.
Feb 24, 2004
373 posts
111 upvotes
The weather is nice, take a bucket of soap water and vacuum and get to work. Use the $100 you saved on a nice lobster dinner.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15356 posts
12822 upvotes
Richmond Hill
psyfer wrote: The weather is nice, take a bucket of soap water and vacuum and get to work. Use the $100 you saved on a nice lobster dinner.
Or oysters to get her in da mood. knowwhatimsayin,
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13273 posts
7409 upvotes
Toronto
in before OP's next thread "high school kid messed up my wife's car trying to "detail" it"
Temp. Banned
Apr 5, 2013
4848 posts
1931 upvotes
markham
RCOnline wrote: My wife wants her car cleaned inside and out. Any recommendations in Markham?
try royal car wash on laidlaw @Heritage (sw corner)...$33 they wash and dry outside and clean inside decently (if you dont want to diy)
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2210 posts
1732 upvotes
Markham
psyfer wrote: The weather is nice, take a bucket of soap water and vacuum and get to work. Use the $100 you saved on a nice lobster dinner.
QFT. Not to sound like a snob, but if you’re looking to spend no more than $100, just do it yourself. Takes a couple hours at most if all you are doing is washing, vacuuming and cleaning the dash and windows.

I get clay barring, sealing, waxing and applying coatings isn’t for everyone, but wash and vacuum? I mean, unless you’re the type to drop a sponge on the ground and use it immediately on your car, this basic cleaning is easy.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43751 posts
6980 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
HDawg wrote: QFT. Not to sound like a snob, but if you’re looking to spend no more than $100, just do it yourself. Takes a couple hours at most if all you are doing is washing, vacuuming and cleaning the dash and windows.

I get clay barring, sealing, waxing and applying coatings isn’t for everyone, but wash and vacuum? I mean, unless you’re the type to drop a sponge on the ground and use it immediately on your car, this basic cleaning is easy.
I thinks... for $100 they will just do a quick spray/soap/spray of the exterior.
Interior will just be vacuum + wipe down. Thats it...

$14 goes to the employee’s 1 hour of labor.
The other $84 goes towards
-water bill (they use tons of water)
-soap
-electricity
-rent
-insurance and other biz expense.

Whatever is left over goes to the owners pocket... whats the corporate tax rate these days? 38%
Yah the government will eat 38% of whatever the owner gets to keep after all is said and done for this job.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27697 posts
8055 upvotes
koffey wrote: Is $100 even possible? I mean, what do you call detailing? If you want a wash inside and out, it's going to be more than $100 easy. You might get a car wash from a gas station and vacuum but for someone to do it, highly unlikely. Some places don't wash/shampoo the interior on a standard detailing package, it would be extra. Define your expectations.
Only place you're going to get to "detail" inside and out at that kind of money is In & Out and wouldn't exactly call that "detailing", no.

This is the problem for ppl that run their own detailing business--cheapskates like OP that think the actual prices for detailing are somehow exorbitant :rolleyes: Nope it's just people being cheap. I mean thankfully in most cases there are enough other people willing to pay normal rates but if you operate in an area where everyone is thinking detailing should be "under $100", then you probably won't be in business long.

But anyway only recommendation for OP is to go to In & Out or a similar place and let them swirl up his car and whatnot, but at least it'll "look clean" and be done near the price range specified.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2392 posts
1332 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You can get a good car wash + basic cleaning inside for about $100. I had mine done for $90 on Danforth. Took about 30 minutes. Since my car isn't filthy, it came out looking pretty good. You should consider something like that. But if your car's nasty or has difficult stains to clean, ain't no way you can get that done for $100.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13606 posts
8561 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Give me $100 and I'll clean her good!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8633 posts
3073 upvotes
The dealership across from the mall in Cobourg has a big sign that says..

"CAR DETAILING, STARTING AT $59"

A bit of drive but you should still come out under $100.