• Feb 12th, 2022 11:16 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21961 posts
1745 upvotes
Shanghai, China

Is Warby Parker any good?

How is the quality of their lenses and frames?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6681 posts
1417 upvotes
I have a few pairs from there and I didn’t find the lense quality to be great. The lenses on the two pairs that I bought at the same time deteriorated in less than a year (scratches, issues with UV coating). The frames were still in great condition but they gave me two new sets of lenses and frames.

I like their styles and their replacement policy so I’d likely buy from there again.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21961 posts
1745 upvotes
Shanghai, China
amz155 wrote: I have a few pairs from there and I didn’t find the lense quality to be great. The lenses on the two pairs that I bought at the same time deteriorated in less than a year (scratches, issues with UV coating). The frames were still in great condition but they gave me two new sets of lenses and frames.

I like their styles and their replacement policy so I’d likely buy from there again.
Details?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44366 posts
7685 upvotes
I have two pairs of glasses that I bought from the Yorkdale store.

2019 was a pair of regular glasses
2020 was a pair of sunglasses.

All prescription. They do come from the US and I had to wait 2-3 weeks.

Quality I’d say 6/10 for each pair.
Customer service I’d say 7/10 as well.

Quality could be better and feels “cheap”

If I had to do it all over again, I’d probably go Lens Crafter.
Blanka
Nov 18, 2004
587 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
Jumping on this thread. I had prescription glasses (for distance, light prescription) filled a couple of years ago. These are occasional (driving) glasses. I now have a prescription for progressives. Is lens crafters that much better in lenses? I found my Warby Parker glasses tiring to wear so I only wear them if I need to see far.
May 4, 2008
476 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
I like the quality and styles of the frames, but the lenses are very poor quality. Like others have mentioned, I find the lenses scratch quite easily.