• Jun 22nd, 2016 7:20 am
[OP]
May 12, 2014
85 posts
18 upvotes
Concord, ON

[Amazon.ca] [Amazon.ca] Nvidia Shiled TV 16 GB for $250 All in

Please be gentle, Noob post.

Just got an alert for the Shield TV going for $245 on Amazon.ca. It's $250 all in!
Remote not included.
Last I checked the seller had 4 items in stock.
Don't forget GCR and Ebates. GCR has 2.75% on Video Games category for Amazon.
89 replies
Sep 4, 2014
655 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto, ON
schumacer wrote: Please be gentle, Noob post.

Just got an alert for the Shield TV going for $245 on Amazon.ca. It's $250 all in!
Remote not included.
Last I checked the seller had 4 items in stock.
Don't forget GCR and Ebates. GCR has 2.75% on Video Games category for Amazon.
where do you see no remote? probably only 1 remote, not 2. But there must be a remote right?
Sep 4, 2014
655 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Millenniunn wrote: Nvidia Shiled TV doesn't include remote... you need to buy it.
It contains remote only when it has promo.
well that is pretty disappointing.
Mar 17, 2015
272 posts
183 upvotes
Winnipeg
jojothejoker wrote: well that is pretty disappointing.
I think you guys might be getting mixed up on terminology. The Nvidia Shield comes with 1 game controller. I feel like you are trying to refer to that as a "remote". There is also a remote (like a TV/DVD remote) but it is sold separately. The remote is not needed to operate the Nvidia Shield if you are content to use the game controller.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2002
1872 posts
574 upvotes
KrimsonStudios wrote: I think you guys might be getting mixed up on terminology. The Nvidia Shield comes with 1 game controller. I feel like you are trying to refer to that as a "remote". There is also a remote (like a TV/DVD remote) but it is sold separately. The remote is not needed to operate the Nvidia Shield if you are content to use the game controller.
Also, being an HDMI-CEC device, the Nvidia Shield can be operated with some television remotes. Confirmed with Sony 850C television's remote.
Dec 23, 2007
405 posts
93 upvotes
Hamilton
I have been hearing really good things about this little unit.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1278 posts
695 upvotes
Ajax
flying triangle wrote: I have been hearing really good things about this little unit.
Bought mine for $269.99 back in April. Best android tv box out there. I use the android tv remote app on my iPhone. Works great.
Dec 9, 2006
348 posts
127 upvotes
I bought one of these last year to serve as an HTPC and it hasn't disappointed. Between the apps for Google Play Music, Kodi and Netflix, it does everything I want. It's also dead simple to use which is great for when my parents come over or for when my wife uses it on a daily basis.
Oct 20, 2011
230 posts
189 upvotes
Oshawa
Can be used as a Plex server now as well.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9727 posts
4513 upvotes
Toronto
kumanzc wrote: Can be used as a Plex server now as well.
which is freaking amazing for such a tiny device, smaller than a Nexus 7 tablet so it's pretty portable
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1529 posts
708 upvotes
Sask
Don't forget it also can stream 4k content as it has HDMI 2.0 connection. I've had this unit almost a year and it's great. It is pricier than other options but when you consider all that it has the potential to do (and do it with no lag)it is well worth it in my opinion.
Mar 5, 2007
383 posts
198 upvotes
Decent deal on a great device; I've got two of them running Plex, playing ROMs, streaming games from the PC. Can't recommend the Shield TV highly enough!

Edit --- must have sold out at that price!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11784 posts
2727 upvotes
Toronto
Civuck wrote: Also, being an HDMI-CEC device, the Nvidia Shield can be operated with some television remotes. Confirmed with Sony 850C television's remote.
Nothing beats Kickstart v1.3, eh? ;)
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Jan 12, 2010
185 posts
139 upvotes
Brossard
The shield TV + remote combo seems to go on sale regularly for USD199 (~CAD 259), the latest sale being just last month.
Now that Plex server is supported, i'm finally in the market for one of these as well, but I'm reluctant to pay anymore than that price, even if it means ordering from the states next time it goes on sale again.
SEO & SEM Pro - World Traveller - Food Enthusiast - Deal Ninja