Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Warm? Canon Powershot G10 camera at Stoople $478

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2009 11:21 pm
16 replies
Mar 8, 2007
140 posts
3 upvotes
It's a fantastic camera. I hardly take my 30D and lenses on trips because the G10 takes great shots. It's even good in low light (up to ISO1600 gives usable shots). A little on the big side compared to std. P&Ss, but it's more like a baby SLR. The main settings are on dials, not paging through menus, and it's built like a tank.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/915624@N22/ - G10 group on Flickr
Sep 3, 2006
544 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
The G10 is a great camera - it has more manual controls than many DSLRs. Image quality is good, although arguably not as good as the LX3, which is typically in this price range as well.

I owned one for a while, but found it to be too large to carry comfortably in a pant pocket. So either way, I ended up having to bring a camera bag with me, which I then reasoned could be used to carry my DSLR in. The G10 is certainly less conspicuous than any DSLR I know of. When you whip would a larger camera, people start to act differently.

Lowest price these days is around $500, so this is a decent deal. PM'ing FS or BB would bring the price down another $5.
Feb 20, 2007
351 posts
9 upvotes
excellent camera at this price, I bought it at same price from NCIX via pm in april (though NCIX shipping save tax for me), you may want to try pm FS, BB and NCIX to see what you get.

Yes some may say it is not as good as LX-3, but I don't think I ever seen the LX-3 on sale, and it is not available from major chains (like BB, FS, etc...)

Definitely good supplement camera for your DSLR and have fun shooting with it :D
Nov 7, 2004
231 posts
98 upvotes
Calgary
Great camera. I bought mine from Staples earlier this year when they had it on sale for $ 468.82 and then tacked on 3 $20.00 off coupons. I liked that deal.
Feb 22, 2009
3 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
pcpchan wrote: excellent camera at this price, I bought it at same price from NCIX via pm in april (though NCIX shipping save tax for me), you may want to try pm FS, BB and NCIX to see what you get.

Yes some may say it is not as good as LX-3, but I don't think I ever seen the LX-3 on sale, and it is not available from major chains (like BB, FS, etc...)

Definitely good supplement camera for your DSLR and have fun shooting with it :D

Just curious, where can I find LX-3 in Toronto
The only place I can find it is in Pacific Mall, and price is $600
Dec 26, 2006
117 posts
2 upvotes
theblablab wrote: It's a fantastic camera. I hardly take my 30D and lenses on trips because the G10 takes great shots. It's even good in low light (up to ISO1600 gives usable shots). A little on the big side compared to std. P&Ss, but it's more like a baby SLR. The main settings are on dials, not paging through menus, and it's built like a tank.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/915624@N22/ - G10 group on Flickr
wow, those are amazing pictures you have. The cow scene is breath taking. Other macro shots are also great. I didn't know how good this camera with macros until see yours. The flying bird macro shot is also great that I didn't know this camera could do fast moving object closeup shot like DSLR.
Dec 26, 2006
117 posts
2 upvotes
Voyeur wrote: Great camera. I bought mine from Staples earlier this year when they had it on sale for $ 468.82 and then tacked on 3 $20.00 off coupons. I liked that deal.
I tried to stack more than one 16-digit coupon code but that didn't work. All I found was coupon codes with the same first 5 digits. In the end I could only use one coupon $20.
Jun 7, 2008
86 posts
25 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks for the heads up, I just price matched a SX10 at Mcbains.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12400 posts
4936 upvotes
Toronto
Voyeur wrote: Great camera. I bought mine from Staples earlier this year when they had it on sale for $ 468.82 and then tacked on 3 $20.00 off coupons. I liked that deal.
I did the same and I think I bought the last one. :D
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Jan 16, 2006
156 posts
100 upvotes
if you are not in a rush, i would recommend waiting a bit, because it goes on sale every now and then to low $400. i bought mine when BestBuy had the 1-day sale for $430 i think, and stooples beat the price to $420 + tax.

Also if you get more serious, u can get a wide angle lens and an adapter (lensmate)
FT Realtor
Dec 26, 2006
117 posts
2 upvotes
I received my camera from Stooples today. For some reason I have a feeling that it's a returned or refurbished camera. The LCD screen doesn't have the clear plastic protector. Other devices such as GPS, cameras and cellphones that I bought in past, all came with a clear plastic to protect the screen.

Did yours come with the clear plastic screen protector?
Mar 28, 2008
828 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
homeless06 wrote: I received my camera from Stooples today. For some reason I have a feeling that it's a returned or refurbished camera. The LCD screen doesn't have the clear plastic protector. Other devices such as GPS, cameras and cellphones that I bought in past, all came with a clear plastic to protect the screen.

Did yours come with the clear plastic screen protector?
All products with LCD screens I've bought have had a clear plastic protector. But I've seen refurbished products with that too .. anyways chances are more but not definite.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)