• Oct 22nd, 2006 5:15 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1103 posts

[IKEA] WARM: IKEA LCD Wall mount $19

This seems like a pretty good deal. This is the cheapest I've seen in a retail store. It is retail price. :D
An LCD wall mount for $19.
It swivels and tilts in silver.

I cannot seem to find it on the ikea website. The website only shows the tv tray.

It is called the observator
37 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
1456 posts
142 upvotes
victoria, bc
dougi3000 wrote:This seems like a pretty good deal. This is the cheapest I've seen in a retail store. It is retail price. :D
An LCD wall mount for $19.
It swivels and tilts in silver.

I cannot seem to find it on the ikea website. The website only shows the tv tray.

It is called the observator
anyone know how compatible this mount is? VESA standard? - I'm just curious with it being swedish and all - that's one thing about their floating shelves ... the screw holes aren't on 16" centers ... kinda tough to find studs that are on 20". :)
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
3942 posts
526 upvotes
Toronto
Only holds up to a 30" LCD.. so be careful.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1573 posts
92 upvotes
Collingwood
hmm good to know seeing as you pay about $50-$100 more for that feature on a monitor too bad its not on the site
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1103 posts
it is a universal mount.
up to 100mm vesa it seems.

You have to loosen the connector otherwise it wont fit the 100mm holes.
The unit i got the conneciton was SOooo tight that when i went to loosen it, the metal washers cracked into several pieces.
LOL

i have to find some repalcement washers.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2005
1399 posts
48 upvotes
Sorry, I'm a newb at these. Will it work for my [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]Dell[/rfdlink] 2405fpw?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1103 posts
CRXGSR wrote:Sorry, I'm a newb at these. Will it work for my [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]Dell[/rfdlink] 2405fpw?
remove the stand and you should see 4 screw holes.
They should be 100mm apart. Then they will work. :D
They work on my 17inch [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]Dell[/rfdlink] just fine. :)

note: actually all the nuts and bolts on that thing are screwed on SOOooo tight, i actually stripped the head of the hex nut. I am going to get a replacement tomorrow. O_O
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2002
3341 posts
5 upvotes
I have the mount holding up a 20" Viewsonic and it's great. The unit was very very tight like someone else said. Hard to loosen the screws so that you can pivot the monitor. But for $19 you can't go wrong.

Here's the link for some info: click

And a very poor quality pic:
[IMG]http://akimages.crossmediaservices.com/ ... _162_8.JPG[/IMG]
Aug 10, 2006
17 posts
Toronto
I just got my Samsung 205bw widescreen 20.1" LCD at [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink]

(http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php? ... re=Samsung)

Will this mount be good for it? Manual states that I need VESA 75x75. I'm looking specifically for a mount that allows me to pivot from landscape to portrait quite often/easily.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11330 posts
1373 upvotes
GVR
What is the point in the wall mount over the provided stands with monitors?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3412 posts
30 upvotes
Brampton
kandieman101 wrote:What is the point in the wall mount over the provided stands with monitors?
Well for one, you can mount it on the wall, this one turns into portrait view which not all provided stands support.

There are more reasons but those are the major ones.
|D
|D [\/] /\ Z
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11389 posts
2003 upvotes
Guelph
how do you attach it to the wall? do you need power tools? what programs on xp run in portrait mode well?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 70-0-0 and counting.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7533 posts
790 upvotes
Toronto
isajoo wrote:make sure u have a stud finder... if u LCD is too heavy to hold in one hand with your palm then it may RIP thru the wall... if u dont have a stud finder just keep knocking on the wall and every 16" is a stud the sound will NOT be hollow.or people say a magnet works but i have not tried that. Good deal... would be cool if u had to 20" LCD side by side on the wall mounts.
Use drywall anchors.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)