Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sony Style

Warm? Sony Smartband less than $99 with filler and coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2014 6:12 pm
Tags:
Nov 18, 2009
251 posts
99 upvotes
GTA

[Sony Style] Warm? Sony Smartband less than $99 with filler and coupon

UPDATE June 12: Coupon no longer works...

I did a search and didn't find it posted. Sony just released their smartband for $99.99. Add a filler item to get it above $100 and use coupon code: X42BC4ZK467U for $25 off.

Cheapest filler so far:
63 replies
Nov 8, 2010
290 posts
71 upvotes
Burnaby
Definitely interested in this, can't seem to find much reviews though so far. Only a few and they were all positive.
Did you find any cheap fillers? Trying to find one right now. Thanks!

*edit* found a 8 gb usb 3.0, didn't select 4gb because wanted something useful. http://store.sony.ca/8gb-microvault-cli ... ash-Memory
still deciding..
Banned
Dec 18, 2011
3995 posts
977 upvotes
Mississauga
Ah the new lifestyle fad. People will buy and stop giving a damn after a while.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
PozzyD wrote: Ah the new lifestyle fad. People will buy and stop giving a damn after a while.
Just like tablets were a fad, right?
Nov 18, 2013
370 posts
407 upvotes
White Rock, BC
their app "lifelog" is quite good.
But, one thing people need to realize is that all of your daily tracked information are sent to Sony for some reason.
I liked using the app for a while, but I learned it by reading through their disclaimer thing.

I think big corporations needs to mine people's information far less than they do.. After all, they are charging us for the product..
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
PozzyD wrote: ??? When did I say this
Didn't say you did, just compared your statement to initial tablet reactions.
Banned
Dec 18, 2011
3995 posts
977 upvotes
Mississauga
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Didn't say you did, just compared your statement to initial tablet reactions.
I don't remember anyone saying tablets were fads.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
So how is this different from Fitbit devices?
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
I like the idea of the smart waking up system. But not quite enough to spend $99
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
neverhaveiever wrote: I like the idea of the smart waking up system. But not quite enough to spend $99
Well you can get it for $25 off if you order $100 or more. Any $1.99 fillers folks?
Blanka
Jun 9, 2013
327 posts
130 upvotes
Edmonton
Does this work with other android devices (nexus 5)?
Nov 18, 2009
251 posts
99 upvotes
GTA
Nasdel wrote: Does this work with other android devices (nexus 5)?
website says:

Compatibility : Devices with Android 4.4 or later; BlueTooth 4.0 Low Energy (BLE) Lifelog app; Smart Connect App (Apps preloaded or available at Google Play)
Nov 25, 2007
313 posts
39 upvotes
I'm actually glad this thread is open - as I just noticed this came out a few days back.

I've been looking through all the activity trackers to see what seems to be the most appealing.

Garmin Vivofit, Nike Fuelband Se, Jawbone UP24, Fitbit Flex, Sony Smartband etc..

The thing I don't like about the smartband is that it tracks and logs every app you open on it. I do have some private applications I would prefer not showing up in the lifelog app. As far as I know, there is no way to tell the app to NOT track certain apps when opened, nor an ability to delete items that show up in the lifelog. This is a deal breaker at this point for me - although the product looks really good.

What's the general thought on best fitness tracker current - and incoming? Unlike a lot of electronics coming out that have 'coming soon' columns on tech sites.. It seems fitness trackers are a bit more hit and miss. I can't seem to find a list of 'coming soon' trackers.

I was hoping the Fitbit Force issues would have been fixed by now and a revision would have been out.

I also need something that would work on the treadmill. It appears from what I've read on a couple of sites the Smartband does not.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Cjohnson202 wrote: so no iphone support?
Refreshing isn't it?

Anyway, this is a pass for me because the fillers are useless and take up a significant chunk of the discount. Also, I have zero interest in wearing big brother on my wrist... something more focused like fitbit would be better.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)