Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Verbatim MediaShare Wireless Portable Streaming Device, 2-Port $49.99 Staples

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2014 10:59 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1209 posts
814 upvotes
Nepean

[Staples] Verbatim MediaShare Wireless Portable Streaming Device, 2-Port $49.99 Staples

I am not so sure if this is a hot deal, but Ive been wanting a device like this for a while now and at 49.99 I think its a great deal to stream all my content to my tablet/smartphone. It has good reviews on Amazon and one review on the Staples website. Hope this post is helpful to some of you! Thanks for checking it out.

Some info on this device:

Wirelessly stream media to your tablet or smartphone anytime, anywhere with the Verbatim MediaShare Wireless Portable Streaming Device. Stream movies, music, pictures and more from your SD card, USB drive, portable hard drive or external SSD, to up to 5 tablets or smartphones, simultaneously! Simply connect your storage device to the MediaShare and access the MediaShare App* on your tablet or smartphone and you’re ready to start sharing. The MediaShare has up to 9 hours of continuous battery life, and can also serve as a charger for your smartphone.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Wifi hd enclosure?
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8533 upvotes
GTHA
mikka1989 wrote: Wifi hd enclosure?
No, you connect your USB hard drive to it.
From the Staples website: "Built-in USB port and SD Memory slot allows easy access to content from a USB drive, portable hard drive or SD memory card (Not included)"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1209 posts
814 upvotes
Nepean
Thats a 4 star review on Macworld...I'd say thats usually good no? Its just the app that lets it down I guess.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16999 posts
4707 upvotes
Heythumb88 wrote: Thats a 4 star review on Macworld...I'd say thats usually good no? Its just the app that lets it down I guess.
No idea why they gave it so high a rating:

"Our frustrations came from the fact that you can only access files through the MediaShare using the dedicated app. On iOS, this proved to be a pain when we tried to stream movies wrapped in the popular AVI container format - as the media player defaulted to Apple’s built-in QuickTime. There are workarounds for this, but none are particularly convenient.

We were also disappointed to find that there’s no app for OS X or Windows - and attempts to connect to the device via it’s IP address didn’t work for us either.

OUR VERDICT
On the whole, the Verbatim MediaShare Wireless Portable Streaming Device is a good choice as a music or video streamer for travellers, as long as you’re aware of the bundled app’s shortcomings. Shop around too - you may find it quite a bit cheaper than the £49.99 RRP."