• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2019 11:49 pm
[OP]
Feb 1, 2018
959 posts
1095 upvotes
Montréal

Warning about shopping at Eddie Bauer

Warning about shopping at Eddie Bauer: Their process for returns is painfully awful.

I ordered an item and it didn't fit. Following website instructions, I emailed to request a return label (they don't provide one by default) and had to speak to 3 different agents before one finally knew what they were doing and sent me a label (the first two tried to tell me to return to a US address at my own expense). I shipped the item back, and got tracking confirmation that it was delivered to their Mississauga return address. Three weeks later, still no refund, they're insisting it has to get to their warehouse in Ohio and be processed before they'll even issue it. Tried to call and spoke to three different agents who kept insisting that I had to wait two more months to get my money back. And who then told me that I could not speak to a supervisor because there were none available, seemingly ever.

A month later I'm still waiting. Nothing but excuses from Eddie Bauer. I've given up hope of ever seeing my money back.

Basically, don't shop at Eddie Bauer and expect to ever be able to return an online purchase. Buncha thieves.
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4575 upvotes
Alberta
Why didn't you just return it to a store?

CANADIAN RETURNS
Canadian Stores
Make any catalog or website returns or exchanges at any of our Canadian Stores.
With Receipt
Get a full refund in the original form of payment (excluding shipping charges).
Without Receipt
If you used your Adventure Rewards number on your purchase, we can look up receipts stored in our system. If you have no proof of purchase, you can get an exchange or a merchandise credit for half the original item price, usable at any Eddie Bauer Store, on the website, or over the phone.
Gift Receipt
Get the exchange or merchandise credit equal to the value of the item listed on the receipt.
Return Via Mail
To return via mail, please contact us through email, chat, or phone and one of our customer service agents will be glad to assist you in generating a return label and RMA to return your item. Please allow 24-48 hours for this return label to be emailed to you. At this time, Canadian items are only able to be returned for a refund, not an exchange.We apologize for this inconvenience.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4696 posts
1672 upvotes
Never had any issues returning to Eddie Bauer in-store. Exceptional experience, actually. I order almost exclusively online for my Eddie Bauer purchases.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1200 posts
374 upvotes
jcon wrote: Never had any issues returning to Eddie Bauer in-store. Exceptional experience, actually. I order almost exclusively online for my Eddie Bauer purchases.
Same here. I love EB. Great quality products, and when purchased during one of their usual crazy sales (60-80% off), the prices are reasonable.
Mar 6, 2015
341 posts
1093 upvotes
New Brunswick
I love Eddie Bauer stuff because it's one of the few stores that sells clothes that fit (I need tall sizing). I order exclusively online as the closest store is 2 hours away. That being said the one and only time I tried to return something through the mail I went through the same headache OP is having. Now I just hold onto my returns until I can do them in-store. They have a one year return policy and I know at some point in that year I'll end up in a city with an Eddie Bauer store.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9512 posts
1817 upvotes
Toronto
This is why I like La Cordee.
They sent a return shipping label in case I needed to return it.
[OP]
Feb 1, 2018
959 posts
1095 upvotes
Montréal
gh05t wrote: This is why I like La Cordee.
They sent a return shipping label in case I needed to return it.
I wish La Cordee (or really, any Quebec retailer) carried petite sizes. But alas.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15482 posts
12682 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
vkizzle wrote: Come down to Ottawa for a day trip.
Lol hardly a DAY TRIP if one lives in say Quebec City (450 Kms = 4.5 Hours) or points east
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35241 posts
21222 upvotes
Center of Universe
PointsHubby wrote: Lol hardly a DAY TRIP if one lives in say Quebec City (450 Kms = 4.5 Hours) or points east
His profile says MTL...
[OP]
Feb 1, 2018
959 posts
1095 upvotes
Montréal
Driving 2.5 hours each way to return a few t-shirts is a bit ridiculous. If I order something online and a company promises easy online returns, and fails to deliver, that's it, no way am I ever dealing with them again.

Still no progress on my refund, by the way. Getting to the point where filing a credit card dispute is starting to look like the only logical next step. Their behaviour is downright fraudulent.