Warning about Uber Eats Pass

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2020 8:56 pm
[OP]
Apr 16, 2011
911 posts
502 upvotes

Warning about Uber Eats Pass

Yesterday I received an offer for $10 off my order if I sign up for Uber Eats Pass. I said, screw it I will take the offer order some food and then cancel. I placed a order for food last night without issue.

Well today I open the app looking to order some food, Osmows has $0 delivery fee with no minimum. I place my order and it comes up to $14.85 I look at checkout and its showing $2.99 delivery. Uber eats says "add $0.15 more to save with Eats Pass". If you bring your total up to $15 you get $0 delivery and save 5%. If your total is less than that it will not apply the normal promotion that the restaurant has setup for free delivery. This means, once you have the pass Uber forces you to order a minimum of $15 worth of food in order to get free delivery because it ONLY takes in account the Uber Eats Pass promotion.

Normally, I would just bring the order up to $12 to avoid the small order fee and get my free delivery.

I have attached screenshots for reference. I tested this with every other restaurant that offered free delivery and had the exact same issue. Screenshots depict 1. Free Delivery 2. Order below $15 3. Order after $15

Uber Eats Osmows Deliver $0.jpg
Uber Eats before $15.jpg
Uber Eats After $15.jpg
The worst part about this whole thing is that it was extremely hard to cancel. The FAQ claimed it was in my account settings, it was not. I had to contact Uber Eats which was so hard to do, after I managed to get a hold of them it magically showed up in my account settings. From there, I have it set to NOT auto renew. But the damage is done because now its giving me the pass until January 26th which means I will not be able to use free delivery from any store unless I order a minimum of $15 first. Seems like such a small thing to complain over but it's just another scummy practice by Uber Eats.
10 replies
Apr 19, 2017
969 posts
770 upvotes
Its not a small thing to complain over.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8676 posts
1560 upvotes
Vancouver
I managed to cancel easily.

Osmows is nasty man is there nothing better to order?
Autocorrect sucks
Jul 15, 2006
942 posts
103 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
GangStarr wrote: I managed to cancel easily.

Not sure where you're located, but Shawarma X is a much better option in the west end.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1552 posts
916 upvotes
NOYB

Shop-a-holic wrote: Not sure where you're located, but Shawarma X is a much better option in the west end.
He lives in Vancouver and you live in Mississauga lol .. just saying Face With Tears Of Joy

Or maybe you meant the west coast?
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms user*

🖕 to the self righteous double standard fascist POS on this forum.
Jul 15, 2006
942 posts
103 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Terabithia wrote: He lives in Vancouver and you live in Mississauga lol .. just saying Face With Tears Of Joy

Or maybe you meant the west coast?
Lol my apologies! Didn't know Osmow's has location(s) in Vancouver.
[OP]
Apr 16, 2011
911 posts
502 upvotes

I order Osmow's because I do keto and I can order a bunch of meat on top of a salad with next to no carbs (the garlic sauce is carb free). It is quite filling too.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36153 posts
10256 upvotes
Ottawa
jronald wrote: I order Osmow's because I do keto and I can order a bunch of meat on top of a salad with next to no carbs (the garlic sauce is carb free). It is quite filling too.
Is the topic Osmow's or "Warning about Uber Eats Pass"?

If it is Uber Eats Pass, the complaint just affirms my reasoning to not use the service. I would just order directly from the restaurant or take outs that offer free delivery
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8676 posts
1560 upvotes
Vancouver
Pete_Coach wrote: Is the topic Osmow's or "Warning about Uber Eats Pass"?
Lol Pete good one.

Sorry to clear the water I know osmows from the Toronto and Montreal area as I travel frequently. Well used to.

I just bought a pass for a month, went in and I unchecked auto renew and that’s it. Worked last time I’m sure it will work this time
Autocorrect sucks
[OP]
Apr 16, 2011
911 posts
502 upvotes
GangStarr wrote: Lol Pete good one.

Sorry to clear the water I know osmows from the Toronto and Montreal area as I travel frequently. Well used to.

I just bought a pass for a month, went in and I unchecked auto renew and that’s it. Worked last time I’m sure it will work this time
The issue isn't cancelling Uber Pass its about how the pass works in relation to restaurants that have free delivery.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4914 posts
3972 upvotes
That's too bad, I'm really enjoying dash pass, $12 min for free delivery and cheaper processing fee.

I use dashpass for both delivery (70% of time) and pickup (30% of time)