Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 12, 2006
122 posts
3 upvotes

WARNING: Acanac Internet is a scam

Please see this thread acanac-vs-distributel-cable-1143614/

Here is a up to date speed test http://www.speedtest.net/result/1846435973.png I'm paying for a 24mb line and getting this does that seem fair?

I have been trying to contact them for over a month and there still has been no resolution. After several emails of them putting them blame on me and repeating them selves like zombies copying and pasting the same paragraph over and over again I've finally given up. I feel that there is no reason to close the old thread, lynne has whined to the admin and begged him to close the thread in an attempt to hide the bad review. She claims to have resolved the issue but all she has said is "I AM SO SORRY" she is so unprofessional that she didn't bother to take the time to correct her typos. Guess what her advice was to me? She told me to contact billing and wait 24-48 hours :facepalm:

I hope this thread stays open and gets some attention. Acanac are crooks this is a warning to anyone interested in their services.
90 replies
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49826 posts
6121 upvotes
Toronto
Your case seems legit, I don't see this thread being closed down to answer your question..

As for ISP's.. It seems like you're looking for a new ISP to go to.. Go with Teksavvy If there Is service In your area; No complaints here and I'm sure many would vouch for them.. You can call me a Teksavvy fanboy hahah..

So much for me "+1"ing Acanac In ISP referral threads.. I take It back..
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
4503 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
+1

I signed up up for Acanac Cable back in September, I was without internet till Decemeber when I cancelled and went with Bell for the 50% off promo

They didnt provide me with service but refused to refund the activation fee.
Mar 14, 2012
16 posts
SCARBOROUGH
Used acanac before. Garbage provider. Happy with teksavvy
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2301 posts
343 upvotes
North York
Wow ... I was looking at their price and seems to be very competitive ... but this thread serve as a good reminder.

Thanks!!!!
Mar 17, 2012
25 posts
1 upvote
Ethan15 wrote: Wow ... I was looking at their price and seems to be very competitive ... but this thread serve as a good reminder.

Thanks!!!!
Same here

along with the voip phone it seemed to be a decent price

Thanks! gonna stay with my isp
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1616 upvotes
North York
i would love to see how she tries to get this thread closed.
i hate acanac. i have never hated a company so much.
my personal experience sucked just as bad as most of you.
i was lucky to get my money back via chargeback from the visa.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
717 upvotes
What a brutal, merciless savaging of a company!

Wouldnt it be easier if they just paid off you unhappy RFD folks? The damage to their reputation from the continuous thread views by tens of thousands of the same segment of the population they are targetting might never be repaired at this point.
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
12346 posts
813 upvotes
Toronto
My brother paid for a one-year contract (all he needed for the school year). He provided notice to Acanac well in advance of the renewal date that he no longer wanted to continue service past the final day. They billed him anyway for another full year and it was a massive pain to get everything straightened out.

Not recommended.
Deal with it.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2299 posts
449 upvotes
Toronto
Meh, my friend has it and no problems. Depends how far you are from their nodes. I am with electronic box and I love it? Full speed of what I'm supposed to get
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1616 upvotes
North York
rageking wrote: What a brutal, merciless savaging of a company!

Wouldnt it be easier if they just paid off you unhappy RFD folks? The damage to their reputation from the continuous thread views by tens of thousands of the same segment of the population they are targetting might never be repaired at this point.
screw acanac. they deserve all the fodder they are getting. a company has to earn a good reputation not hide behind mods to lock up threads and resort to lying. when an RFD sponsor locks their own sponsor forum thread because of all the complaints they are getting that's really bad.
KorruptioN wrote: My brother paid for a one-year contract (all he needed for the school year). He provided notice to Acanac well in advance of the renewal date that he no longer wanted to continue service past the final day. They billed him anyway for another full year and it was a massive pain to get everything straightened out.

Not recommended.

this is exactly what happened to me.
their excuse was calling in was not enough to cancel and that i had to cancel via email which took them 2 and a half weeks to even read.
such a lousy business practice man. when a company has a policy where you can only cancel via email and you can only get tech support via a forum (which defeats the purpose of tech supprt since most customers who call for this wont have internet access at all) this should be raising alarms. i swear there was one day i called and i had the phone oh hold for 8 hours!!! i went to sleep and woke up and i was still on hold. after a while it just auto disconnected me. believe me ppl all the reviews on DSLREPORTS (https://secure.dslreports.com/reviews/2744) and on digitalhome (http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73300) and on the BBB (http://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-r ... on-1204231) should be enough to keep you away. when RFD members by the dozens have similar problems just imagine how many ppl they are actually shafting. who don't know how to deal with this. disgusting. there is even DEDICATED hate websites for this company already popping up (http://acanacsucks.com/) a quick google shows this (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=acanac+sucks)

read this post. this is from the OWNER of digitalhome. mind you this one post explaining one problem they have with them. you should see what else other sites have to say.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showpos ... ostcount=6
Jun 7, 2006
215 posts
8 upvotes
Ac3 wrote: Please see this thread acanac-vs-distributel-cable-1143614/

Here is a up to date speed test http://www.speedtest.net/result/1846435973.png I'm paying for a 24mb line and getting this does that seem fair?

I have been trying to contact them for over a month and there still has been no resolution. After several emails of them putting them blame on me and repeating them selves like zombies copying and pasting the same paragraph over and over again I've finally given up. I feel that there is no reason to close the old thread, lynne has whined to the admin and begged him to close the thread in an attempt to hide the bad review. She claims to have resolved the issue but all she has said is "I AM SO SORRY" she is so unprofessional that she didn't bother to take the time to correct her typos. Guess what her advice was to me? She told me to contact billing and wait 24-48 hours :facepalm:

I hope this thread stays open and gets some attention. Acanac are crooks this is a warning to anyone interested in their services.
I don't know what has happened to this company! They used to be okay, I had them for 3 years back in the day and it was perfectly fine. I made a switch to Fibe 16 with BELL and everything was good then when I saw that Acanac also had Fibe 16 in my area I made the switch. I switched in APRIL 2012, it took until October 27 2012 to GET INTERNET! LOOOOOOOL I AM NOT EXAGERATING! It also took 15+ emails just saying "please send a tech"... "please send a tech"... "please, it is not my modem, just send a $#&*^&#*$# TECH" and guess what? When they sent a tech from bell it was a simple switch and bOOM it was working. They had me switch modems 3-4 times, plug it into every connection, try my username/password a million times, and kept on giving me the same scripted response.

1. They do not keep history, everytime I contact them it is like it is the FIRST time I am contacting them!
2. They do not speak english very well, they never make sense in their response. Their steps are always canned and even a bad job at that.
3. Their phoen support is horrendous, I make over $100 per hour... and I once waited 2 1/2 hours on hold. I was 5th in line and I GOT DISCONNECTED! I was so angry, so I called back and "we are sorry, due to high call volume you will have to call back later".... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

So, I asked for some sort of compensation, you know cuz I didn't have internet for 6 months and was still using my old ISP. They reply with the most canned response about my plan details! lol... I respond again, PLEASE tell me what you can do... AGAIN a canned response giving me MORE details about my plan.

As if all this isn't enough, I am paying for 16mb downloads... i just ran a speed test and I am getting 3.16mb down!!
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2273686808.png

What do you think guys!?
My ONLY problem is that everyone in my house streams. Bell's maximum bandwidth doesn't even come close to what we need and I do not like teksavy as they are too expensive in my opinion. I am seriously contemplating sticking with Bell at their 285gb "maximum" bandwidth and just biting the bullet.

Anyone have the owner of Acanac's email? Like an esculation email? All companies should have the esculation email you can send incase something like what I experienced happens to resolve it...

Anyways, thought i'd share my horror story!

Ali
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22171 posts
2830 upvotes
NO

WHY YOU POST HERE!?

Go to the other thread so we can get to 20 pages!

You are probably getting throttled
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2010
3763 posts
171 upvotes
Barrie
The ops first mistake was going to cable, its a barren land no matter what ISP you go with. Cable is almost like rolling the dice and hoping you dont get snake eyes.

Also bad bad poster... we have current threads to argue about Acanac and Teksavvy, you didnt need to necro bump this one.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
245 upvotes
Agafaba wrote: The ops first mistake was going to cable, its a barren land no matter what ISP you go with. Cable is almost like rolling the dice and hoping you dont get snake eyes.

Also bad bad poster... we have current threads to argue about Acanac and Teksavvy, you didnt need to necro bump this one.
Cable ends up being cheaper and usually faster if you want VOIP or something similar cos no dry loop fee. For around $35-40 the package you'll get on cable will also be better than a similar priced package on DSL with the alternative providers. It's just a matter of whether or not the cable company will actually live up to the plan in terms of speed and a reliable connection.

I know another alternative one is Electro or Electronic something and other than I dunno any other ones outside of Teksavvy which has good reviews (and they aren't so good for cable).
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3651 posts
852 upvotes
I have had an nightmare when I tried to signup for their cable service, they took my money and 1 month later still excuses for no installation. Im glad I didnt, and would not recommend them to anyone.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14959 posts
1248 upvotes
Markham
Acanac is garbage

my neighbour uses their ADSL and constantly gets disconnects

i'm with another small company and rarely, if ever, get disconnected
ShadowVlican
Feb 8, 2011
811 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
Lebstyle wrote: I don't know what has happened to this company! They used to be okay, I had them for 3 years back in the day and it was perfectly fine. I made a switch to Fibe 16 with BELL and everything was good then when I saw that Acanac also had Fibe 16 in my area I made the switch. I switched in APRIL 2012, it took until October 27 2012 to GET INTERNET! LOOOOOOOL I AM NOT EXAGERATING! It also took 15+ emails just saying "please send a tech"... "please send a tech"... "please, it is not my modem, just send a $#&*^&#*$# TECH" and guess what? When they sent a tech from bell it was a simple switch and bOOM it was working. They had me switch modems 3-4 times, plug it into every connection, try my username/password a million times, and kept on giving me the same scripted response.

1. They do not keep history, everytime I contact them it is like it is the FIRST time I am contacting them!
2. They do not speak english very well, they never make sense in their response. Their steps are always canned and even a bad job at that.
3. Their phoen support is horrendous, I make over $100 per hour... and I once waited 2 1/2 hours on hold. I was 5th in line and I GOT DISCONNECTED! I was so angry, so I called back and "we are sorry, due to high call volume you will have to call back later".... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

So, I asked for some sort of compensation, you know cuz I didn't have internet for 6 months and was still using my old ISP. They reply with the most canned response about my plan details! lol... I respond again, PLEASE tell me what you can do... AGAIN a canned response giving me MORE details about my plan.

As if all this isn't enough, I am paying for 16mb downloads... i just ran a speed test and I am getting 3.16mb down!!
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2273686808.png

What do you think guys!?
My ONLY problem is that everyone in my house streams. Bell's maximum bandwidth doesn't even come close to what we need and I do not like teksavy as they are too expensive in my opinion. I am seriously contemplating sticking with Bell at their 285gb "maximum" bandwidth and just biting the bullet.

Anyone have the owner of Acanac's email? Like an esculation email? All companies should have the esculation email you can send incase something like what I experienced happens to resolve it...

Anyways, thought i'd share my horror story!

Ali
You make $100 / hour and you are complaining about teksavvy's price of what? 45 bucks a month? :facepalm:
You get what you pay for