Shopping Discussion

Warning: BestBuy.ca does not honor price match

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2020 7:01 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 24, 2020
49 posts
39 upvotes

Warning: BestBuy.ca does not honor price match

(update, after a second phone call they decided to honor the price match, see comments below; to avoid this problem, be sure to price match over phone prior to purchase, it worked for me because I took a screenshot of the sale before the sale ended on memory express just in case I ran into any problem with besbuy) I ordered an item, rmx 850x PSU on bestbuy ($159) expecting they would price match memory express's in store deal ($149). Note on ME it says "sale ends on dec 3." I sent bestbuy.ca a price match a week ago, long before the sale expired. They waited until DEC 4'th to get back to me, and told me the following:

"Thank you for your email inquiry regarding a credit under our Low Price Guarantee for the Corsair RM 850W ATX Modular Power Supply advertised on Memory Express At this time the we would not be able to approve the price as the items are no longer showing the sales pricing. For our Low Price Guarantee the active sale must be present for the price match "

They waited 12 hours after the sale was over to tell me they will not honor the price match, If they do not honor their price match guarantee I will return the item and order it else where and not do business with them again. They are dishonest and do not honor their own policy. If you are going to price match, make sure you call them immediately, because if you use email or other online options, they will wait and screw you out of their own price match policy.

Image
Images
  • occglbflljegepdm.png
Last edited by tutudid on Dec 5th, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
13 replies
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 24, 2020
49 posts
39 upvotes
kopokipi wrote: well that sucks
Well, lesson learned. There are other more honest online retailers with much better deals, something to always keep in mind.
Last edited by tutudid on Dec 5th, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2009
1756 posts
1286 upvotes
Brampton
tutudid wrote: Well, lesson learned. There are other more honest places with much better deals, something to always keep in mind.
best buy is not what it used to be
Banned
Oct 10, 2020
1037 posts
617 upvotes
tutudid wrote: I ordered an item, rmx 850x PSU on bestbuy ($159) expecting they would price match memory express's in store deal ($149). Note on ME it says "sale ends on dec 3." I sent bestbuy.ca a price match a week ago, long before the sale expired. They waited until DEC 4'th to get back to me, and told me the following:

"Thank you for your email inquiry regarding a credit under our Low Price Guarantee for the Corsair RM 850W ATX Modular Power Supply advertised on Memory Express At this time the we would not be able to approve the price as the items are no longer showing the sales pricing. For our Low Price Guarantee the active sale must be present for the price match "

They waited 12 hours after the sale was over to tell me they will not honor the price match, If they do not honor their price match guarantee I will return the item and order it else where and not do business with them again. They are dishonest and do not honor their own policy. If you are going to price match, make sure you call them immediately, because if you use email or other online options, they will wait and screw their customers out of their own price match policy.

Image
Better to let them know in advance before the purchase (not buying until price is adjusted) or during the order ( return for a full refund ).
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19859 posts
8177 upvotes
Toronto
Waste of time and energy over $10. Just move on.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2009
1756 posts
1286 upvotes
Brampton
This is on best buy not op. $10 is $10
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 24, 2020
49 posts
39 upvotes
carmaster wrote: Waste of time and energy over $10. Just move on.
Not in the least. Its not just about money, its about not rewarding companies that engage in dishonest practices. I will look elsewhere from now on.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2160 posts
749 upvotes
Amazon doesn't even price match their own website Face With Tears Of Joy. They told me to return a TV that I purchased from them-so I did LOL
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19859 posts
8177 upvotes
Toronto
kenvin100 wrote: Amazon doesn't even price match their own website Face With Tears Of Joy. They told me to return a TV that I purchased from them-so I did LOL
Exactly so stupid. They want you to return and repurchase rather than provide a simple credit.
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 24, 2020
49 posts
39 upvotes
the2ndme wrote: Better to let them know in advance before the purchase (not buying until price is adjusted) or during the order ( return for a full refund ).
I made the price match during the order and 5 days before I was charged for the item. One staff member claimed that after purchase, only low price guarantee qualifies, which only applies to further discount sales only on bestbuy that occur for the same item after purchase, price match does not qualify... but their black friday deals policy suggested they would price match any item bought after nov 28 or so until January.

"Thank you for your email inquiry regarding a credit under our Low Price Guarantee for the Corsair RM 850W ATX Modular Power Supply advertised on Memory Express At this time the we would not be able to approve the price as the items are no longer showing the sales pricing. For our Low Price Guarantee the active sale must be present for the price match " But here they suggested the problem isn't that I already bought the item, but because they either intentionally waited or checked the price match way too late, 12 hours after it expired.

however, i am on the phone with them now and they suggest they may be able to amend and offer me a ten dollar discount. The first representative I spoke with over the phone did not clarify or understand this nor did he explain it to me, nor did he care that the price match was issued long before the sale ended. The second one has a positive attitude, and cleared everything up and is trying to get me a discount. I will update shortly. So you live and learn.
Last edited by tutudid on Dec 5th, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 12 times in total.
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 24, 2020
49 posts
39 upvotes
well after a second phone call, it appears I will be receiving a 10 dollar discount. please be mindful when price matching with bestbuy; call them before you place your order and get a case number to ensure its price matched from the start. ill know in a few days how this all turns out
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
928 upvotes
NOYFB
You don't inform your customer you can't do PM after the sale is over.

I don't think they were intentional but it's a bad move on BB's part.
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 24, 2020
49 posts
39 upvotes
Well, the sale wasn't completed until I was charged 5 days after I placed my order, the item was on backorder/pre-sale on bb... I made my price match online right after placing the order. The price match sale was still active until about two days after I was charged.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)