Home & Garden

Warning: Clorox Bleach with CLOROMAX will damage your stainless steel washing machine

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2021 7:24 pm
[OP]
Nov 10, 2014
86 posts
17 upvotes
Windsor, ON

Warning: Clorox Bleach with CLOROMAX will damage your stainless steel washing machine

https://www.clorox.com/products/clorox- ... ng-bleach/

So I used Clorox Bleach with CLOROMAX, and immediately I saw rust and tarnish damage inside my washing machine. My machine has a stainless steel drum. So beware! This product will damage stainless steel with rust and tarnish.

What is CLOROMAX?

It is new patented technology of polymers that:
• Helps reduce soil adhesion to surfaces and provides a quicker and easier clean
• Improves performance between Clorox® Disinfecting Bleach and detergents to deliver brighter and longer-lasting whites than before
3 replies
Jul 14, 2006
581 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
Any pics?
I've been using this specific bleach with cloromax to disinfect the previous owner's washing machine.
I ran 3 full cycles in the past month and my stainless steel drum looks like chrome.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2015 posts
1800 upvotes
Ottawa
We clean our washer with bleach at least once a month. Sometimes it's generic bleach, but the last few months it's been Clorox because that's what was on the store shelves last time I ran out.

We've seen no issues.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6024 posts
6257 upvotes
Toronto
truepatriotlove wrote: https://www.clorox.com/products/clorox- ... ng-bleach/

So I used Clorox Bleach with CLOROMAX, and immediately I saw rust and tarnish damage inside my washing machine. My machine has a stainless steel drum. So beware! This product will damage stainless steel with rust and tarnish.
Mayhap it be instead, that you have a washing machine with a particularly low quality of manufacture and steel alloy.
As someone long prepared for the occasion, in full command of every plan you wrecked---
Do not choose a coward's explanation, that hides behind the cause and the effect...