Entertainment

Warning: NBA League Pass Premium is a scam (Playoffs)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2015 2:44 pm
[OP]
Apr 23, 2015
108 posts
63 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC

Warning: NBA League Pass Premium is a scam (Playoffs)

The link below advertises that you can 'watch all playoff games'.
http://watch.nba.com/nba/home

What they don't tell you is that all games are blacked out in Canada (or at least in Vancouver). I haven't been able to watch a single game since the playoffs started. Their support is horrible, and their response, after going back and forth with stupid technical replies and not responding for days, was this:

"The Playoffs and Finals are included with your subscription however, it will be blacked out due to television restrictions as stated on the website, the FAQ and the Terms of Use on the website"

Major BS. They are included, only they are not. Anyone have any idea what resources could be found for formal complaints on false advertisement?
6 replies
Apr 21, 2013
185 posts
13 upvotes
Grimsby
so if you live just outside of Toronto it should work.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20821 posts
2187 upvotes
Toronto
can you VPN and use a US city and then watch NBA League pass?

I think they still have blackouts though even in US cities - which is my concern signing up for League Pass
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1775 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
I switched from league pass to ballstreams last year and never looked back
© 2015
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7755 posts
960 upvotes
Ballstreams is better, but if you're stuck with league pass, I suggest signing on under a proxy (european), and then immediatley removing the proxy after you start streaming your game. It'll bypass the blackout, but you won't be stuck using the proxy's low bandwidth.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3005 posts
1028 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
ji2o0k wrote: can you VPN and use a US city and then watch NBA League pass?
Not for the playoffs. The entire US and Canada are blacked out. The games are available three hours after they end.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)