WARNING: Questrade login not safe

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2017 10:43 am
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
7380 posts
3489 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
BalancedPortfolio wrote: I barely use Safari, only if I want to check a website that won't work with Chrome (last time was probably months ago). I would assume that if it was a browser's issue it would only appear on one but not two different ones. We have had pretty much the same routine when checking our accounts on @Questrade with my wife for the past year and never had a problem.
I still haven't heard from either dev support nor their customer support to whom an email was sent this morning around midnight...
Yeah, does seem like a website issue then. Pls update.
Selling Viking 7 winters on steel wheels. Good for Subaru and some Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, Jeep, Lexus, Toyota. Almost New, less then 1k kms used.

viking-contact-7-winter-tires-steel-wheels-2507125/
Feb 5, 2017
903 posts
881 upvotes
Seriously guys, when are you going to learn that Questrade is a minor player in the field and do not have the same resources as the major ones ???

My portfolio is near 2M these days and I would NEVER EVER put my money there.

For example with TD DI, you have to enter another password within your account in order to make transactions.. Double security
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2014
3755 posts
4272 upvotes
Toronto, ON
alexcalvado wrote: Seriously guys, when are you going to learn that Questrade is a minor player in the field and do not have the same resources as the major ones ???

My portfolio is near 2M these days and I would NEVER EVER put my money there.

For example with TD DI, you have to enter another password within your account in order to make transactions.. Double security
Ours is $640K (and growing) - moved from TD DI to Questrade 3+ years ago and never looked back :) Personally, I'd find entering yet another password rather annoying (but not as annoying as paying call commissions for Norbert's Gambit) - and can't reproduce the issue reported by OP on either Safari or Chrome (iPad and PC) But, then again, I know my husband's username and password - and don't use public computers, so wouldn't be losing my sleep over it :)
Feb 5, 2017
903 posts
881 upvotes
I would be interested to know what is the mean value of accounts at Questrade ? I am pretty sure that it is under 100K.

TD DI : I bet that it is something like 250 or 500K

In any case, if you want free ETFs, go with CDBN (National bank)..

I actually have accounts both at TD DI and CDBN
Apr 22, 2014
533 posts
270 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I'd be inclined to believe this is OP's computer and not an issue with Questrade. I would like to see this video.
[OP]
Mar 8, 2017
15 posts
7 upvotes
Sorry for the late update, the support contacted me and looked at this strange behaviour.
It was indeed a bug but that would happen in very specific circumstances. They released a fix very quickly and now all is good.