• Mar 30th, 2018 11:08 am
Tags:
Feb 7, 2018
155 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto ON

WARNING: SCAM !!! Phone: 1 800 980 1449

Hey,

Just received a threat robo-call from 1 800 980 1449, saying they call from CRA and there is a case against me and if I don't call them back they will arrest me. Do not call back! The message itself speaks of a typical scam. And the message was done using computer-generated voice, so smells of fake from the other part of the Earth.

Keep in mind and re-post to your friends!
Good luck!
26 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13068 posts
3758 upvotes
Got a text message (first time) from (780) 394-6414 which said:

Service Canada has issued an alert at ***-***-***. Deposit your funds on: nilrooijmans.com
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
lol I got a call last week saying there's a pending lawsuit against me and that if i don't respond they'll put a warrant out for my arrest and 'get me arrested'

I think part of my retirement plan is to troll scammers for fun. Wish I had more time to do it now.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2817 posts
3144 upvotes
Toronto
and the officer "Jonathan Smith" saying if you do not call us back, we wish you good luck.
Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8524 posts
2944 upvotes
0 downvotes
old news, but yeah thanks for the heads up
Supermarket worker at Fortino's
I'm Not a Wise Guy but more of a Good Fella~!
Drive an Escalade
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2004
1071 posts
121 upvotes
same here. just received a call from "647-793-5178" that they called from canada revenue agency and I'll be arrested if I don't response Disappointed FaceFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3228 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga
speedyforme wrote: Got a text message (first time) from (780) 394-6414 which said:

Service Canada has issued an alert at ***-***-***. Deposit your funds on: nilrooijmans.com
I got this as well just a few hours ago. Can anyone recommend a good call/text blocking app for android?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7972 posts
9093 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote: lol I got a call last week saying there's a pending lawsuit against me and that if i don't respond they'll put a warrant out for my arrest and 'get me arrested'

I think part of my retirement plan is to troll scammers for fun. Wish I had more time to do it now.
If you do get arrested, just have in mind that you only have right to one call, so don't waste it trolling back a scammer
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
roblombardi wrote: If you do get arrested, just have in mind that you only have right to one call, so don't waste it trolling back a scammer
But then I could tape the call, put it on YouTube and generate ad revenue to pay my bail

Remainder = profit margin
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7972 posts
9093 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote: But then I could tape the call, put it on YouTube and generate ad revenue to pay my bail

Remainder = profit margin
Holy smokes... a true RFDer, indeed

I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
lol
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2896 posts
2234 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
But they are going to get you for failing to declare that profit/income. Face With Tears Of Joy
#1 - “Don’t irritate old people. The older they get, the less “Life in prison” is a deterrent."
#2 - Are you a Sexual Intellect? /S - What you post in this thread may determine that.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1848 posts
277 upvotes
Markham
I called them back in a panic and told them ‘please don’t put me in jail, I didn’t mean it’
The Indian guy on the other end said we won’t send you to jail.
I then said, that’s great, but if you fkng call me again, I will not only track you down and beat the crap out of you, but will also go after you family.
He immediately hung up. It was a Hamilton number:
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
rcmpvet wrote: But they are going to get you for failing to declare that profit/income. Face With Tears Of Joy
lol true
Feb 14, 2015
181 posts
82 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Just got a bloody call from 1-888-814-8231, so I called them back and I told them they are scammers! I called them so many times just to tie up their line and each time someone answered depending on my energy level, I kept talking and talking about them being a scammer.
Perhaps if we have the rfd effect and flood call them???
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1848 posts
277 upvotes
Markham
MariposaM wrote: Just got a bloody call from 1-888-814-8231, so I called them back and I told them they are scammers! I called them so many times just to tie up their line and each time someone answered depending on my energy level, I kept talking and talking about them being a scammer.
Perhaps if we have the rfd effect and flood call them???
I think it’s about time the phone carriers that issues these numbers take responsibility of THEIR. customers.
Canada’s failing do not call list program and the carriers responsible should pay every penny back (especially to the elderly) to those that fell prey to this.
They all know about it but I see no improvement. It’s over.
I’m in if RFD is going to take the matter into their own hands.
Mar 12, 2013
749 posts
501 upvotes
YEG
i dont know from where the information gets leaked. I filed tax in march first week. To my surprize i received the call and a message within one week of filing the tax. Strange but it seems coincidence there. Someone might be selling the private data same as facebook. But they are not get caught
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
anyone had one of these indian scammers go off on you, combining multiple curse words into one glorious symphony of delightfulness?
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
I tend to ignore these calls but maybe next time I'll play along but act really stupid.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!