• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2018 11:08 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1848 posts
277 upvotes
Markham
nasa25 wrote: anyone had one of these indian scammers go off on you, combining multiple curse words into one glorious symphony of delightfulness?
No but I usually start the conversation very civil and professional then I let em have it. F bomb after F bomb.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
PCUSER wrote: No but I usually start the conversation very civil and professional then I let em have it. F bomb after F bomb.
Lol
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Feb 14, 2015
181 posts
82 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
@PCUSER I totally agree with you!
Each time they have a minute to dial out is a possibility of them getting hold of an elderly or someone they can scam. But IF everyone flood call the number and give it back to them , they’d be overwhelmed by the volume of calls. And we all play along with their scam, make the convo long and waste their time and at the end, tell them they are scammers.! Imagine them getting all sorts of calls that they thought they can manipulate but they can’t!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
2965 posts
2631 upvotes
GTA West
glenn9090 wrote: i dont know from where the information gets leaked. I filed tax in march first week. To my surprize i received the call and a message within one week of filing the tax. Strange but it seems coincidence there. Someone might be selling the private data same as facebook. But they are not get caught
No, no. Everyone files income tax and these calls actually come throughout the year. They just robocall every number and spoof their outgoing call display - they like to use 613 (Ottawa) numbers. I don't even bother filtering these numbers anymore since they seem to show a different number every time. It is a numbers game for them - they just need one person in a thousand to panic and send them money. There is a sucker born every minute and we can all be suckers if we encounter a new situation. New immigrants are especially vulnerable because they don't know how our business and governments operate.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2896 posts
2234 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
MariposaM wrote: @PCUSER I totally agree with you!
Each time they have a minute to dial out is a possibility of them getting hold of an elderly or someone they can scam. But IF everyone flood call the number and give it back to them , they’d be overwhelmed by the volume of calls. And we all play along with their scam, make the convo long and waste their time and at the end, tell them they are scammers.! Imagine them getting all sorts of calls that they thought they can manipulate but they can’t!
Do this with caution. If you call back and the number is "live", then no problem, however if the number is spoofed, then it is a problem. First off do a reverse number search, if the number is assigned to a person then I would assume it is spoofed and chalk up the call to an experience. Do a Google search that may reveal a commonly used number for such calls. Never continue the calls beyond a 48 hour window as it is always possible and most likely that the "live" number is a "burner" number that may end up being assigned to an innocent party as it was probably burned within the first 48 hours.
#1 - “Don’t irritate old people. The older they get, the less “Life in prison” is a deterrent."
#2 - Are you a Sexual Intellect? /S - What you post in this thread may determine that.
Feb 14, 2015
181 posts
82 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
It’s a toll free number so I’m not sure if this would be assigned to an individual... but I get what you mean about spoofing - thanks for the reminder.
This number 1-888-814-8231 was the number left at my friend’s grandma vm as well.