Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
55820 posts
20697 upvotes

Warning for Vista users: Hotspotshield

Just as a precaution, if you haven't already downloaded Hotspotshield VPN, please don't as you will experience Blue Screens of Death / BSOD like there's no tomorrow.

If you already are experiencing BSOD caused by HssDrv.sys, this just confirms that its Hotspotshield that's causing it.

If in case you wanted to uninstall, 1) use the add/remove program to remove the program. After that you will have to 2) uninstall the hotspot shield remnant under the GENERAL TAB in wireless network connection properties. I'm not sure if this removes the HssDrv.sys but hopefully it does. If not, just delete the cursed file.

check cnet download's user reviews and you will see 2-3 posts on BSOD.

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/for ... 7007607931

Too bad there won't be any more hulu.com for my family at least for now.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
3467 posts
792 upvotes
North York
Thanks for the warning. Deleted it! Does Windows 7 have the same prob? I like HULU too and am dbl booting at the present - so was wondering if I can use Windows 7 to install and run it.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
55820 posts
20697 upvotes
sheriffabc wrote: Thanks for the warning. Deleted it! Does Windows 7 have the same prob? I like HULU too and am dbl booting at the present - so was wondering if I can use Windows 7 to install and run it.
I want to keep it too but since I restored an earlier image on March 8 and most likely installed Hulu on March 10 (first crash), my HP Pavilion on 32-bit Vista Home Premium has had 15 BSOD's.
Aug 31, 2006
308 posts
65 upvotes
I appreciate you posting the warning. Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
55820 posts
20697 upvotes
mcceng wrote: I appreciate you posting the warning. Thanks.
Not a problem. Hopefully, this thread will spare some people the trouble of having to uninstall the application, reformat a drive, or restore an image.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)