• Jul 8th, 2010 1:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1882 posts
70 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada

Warped Tour 2010

I was wondering if one of you lads are heading to this summer's Warped Tour? I heard that only three Canadian cities will be in place in 2010 - those cities are:
  • Toronto - playing at Arrow Hall (in Mississauga) on July 9th, 2010
  • Montreal - playing at Parc Jean-Drapeau on July 10th, 2010
  • Calgary - playing at Race City Speedway on August 5th, 2010
Vancouver is obviously not included in the 2010 date and that marks the 3rd time that the city hasn't got their fix of Warped. They did however, have their Warped tour fix last summer.

I'm really excited because two of my favourite bands will be performing at the Warped Tour. My favourite bands are The All-American Rejects (from Stillwater, Oklahoma, U.S.A.) and Sum 41 - which hail from Ajax, Ontario.

As I am from Ajax, Sum 41 has really matured over the years - in terms of their music. For the list of other bands performing at the 2010 edition of the Warped Tour, click here. More bands will be announced on Friday, January 15th, 2010.

As for the venue, many people won't like the hard concrete surface or asphalt pavement as it were during the old days of the now-defunct Park Place (Molson Park) in Barrie. Park Place on the other hand - is turning into a shopping centre.

What I really like about Arrow Hall - is the transit links. I heard that at least 2 to 3 Mississauga Transit buses that serve the venue directly or nearby. There's also one TTC bus route that goes into Mississauga and serves near Arrow Hall - but you have to pay a Mississauga Transit cash fare of $3.00CDN or a Mississauga Transit ticket, transfer, pass, TTC token/ticket or the GTA weekly pass.

Brampton Transit has a route that serves the Arrow Hall - but within "walking distance". GO Transit - well there are three (3) train trips from Union that terminate at Bramalea GO station (also serves Malton on those trips), one (1) trip to Brampton GO station and four (4) trips that terminate at Georgetown GO station. There's also an additional train trip to Bramalea GO station.

At all other times when trains are not operating, the 31 GO bus from/to the Union Station bus terminal and it also serves the Malton GO station....

If you are heading to the Malton GO station towards the direction of Toronto Union station to the east, there are six (6) train trips from Bramalea and four (4) train trips from Georgetown. Train trains only operate during the week-days. On weekends, they are served by the 31 GO bus route.

Another GO bus route, the 34 which originates from the Brampton Bus Terminal and heads to Yorkdale/York Mills, stops at Airport & Derry Road.

There was one time back in the days of the Warped Tour in Barrie, a shuttle service operated by Greyhound used to serve Park Place from Yorkdale - for a charge. However that service has ended just after the 2006 edition of the Warped Tour although the service did not operate during the 2007 of the Warped Tour either.

With the Warped Tour finally shifted to Toronto (since 2001 - where the tour was held at Rogers Centre - known as the Skydome back then), transit links have greatly improved. I spent many years on lobbying for a Warped Tour venue in terms of transit accessibility.

Anyways, is one of you guys are heading to the Warped Tour this summer?

By the way - presale tickets will take place on March 26th, 2010. General Ticketmaster/Live Nation sales will take place a month after the pre-sales.
30 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2406 posts
1562 upvotes
Tickets in 3 days! I'm excited for Sum 41 and The All-American Rejects too. But I really amped to see Automatic Loveletter, Breath Carolina, Breathe Electric, Hey Monday, etc. Just a lot bands that never tour in Canada.

There's a lot of ways to get to Arrow Hall which is super convenient. I'm coming from Toronto, so I just go to Union and take some bus I think. Haven't really looked into it yet since it's July 9th.

How many tickets are you getting? I don't even know yet. I haven't asked any of my friends either. =/
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1882 posts
70 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
whoa-albert wrote: Tickets in 3 days! I'm excited for Sum 41 and The All-American Rejects too. But I really amped to see Automatic Loveletter, Breath Carolina, Breathe Electric, Hey Monday, etc. Just a lot bands that never tour in Canada.

There's a lot of ways to get to Arrow Hall which is super convenient. I'm coming from Toronto, so I just go to Union and take some bus I think. Haven't really looked into it yet since it's July 9th.

How many tickets are you getting? I don't even know yet. I haven't asked any of my friends either. =/
I'm going to get only one ticket. As for the venue, at least I knew some of the transit routes that serve Arrow Hall.

Last year, the tour fell on a weekday meaning there were some train trips during the mid-day (trains from Toronto Union Station terminate at Bramalea during the mid-day) which means the transit links are greatly improved.

However, starting April 5th, 2010 - those train trips will be sadly replaced by buses (but rush-hour train trips still remain).....

The bus routes that I can think of are:
  • GO bus Route 31 from Union Station Bus Terminal to Georgetown
  • GO bus Route 34 from York Mills/Yorkdale to Brampton GO station via Pearson Airport
  • Brampton Transit Route 14
  • Mississauga Transit routes 7, 12, 18, 30 and 42
  • TTC bus route 58 (as this bus crosses into Mississauga and west of Pearson International Airport, a Mississauga Transit fare of $3.00 is required - only if you get out of the front doors)
I also want to remind you that selected D-TOX outlets will be selling pre-sale tickets as well - but there is a catch: pre-sale tickets are only available at certain D-TOX outlets and there is a limited number of them. The D-TOX stores in Ontario which pre-sale tickets are going to be sold are:

Newmarket, ON (Upper Canada Mall)
Guelph, ON (Stone Road Mall)
Burlington, ON (Mapleview Centre)
London, ON (White Oaks Mall)
Oshawa, ON (Oshawa Centre)
Jun 5, 2009
2 posts
Downtown Toronto
Hey! I might be going to July 9th one.

I got a question.. even though I could find out on the main Warped Tour site, this Friday, etc., but I don't really see much Canadians posting answers and yeah. lol

Anyways, my question is have you guys ever bought the pre-sale tickets online/at the site? If so, do you guys know how much the tickets cost usually?

Thanks!

Oh, and thank you for the really important notes on the buses and trains routes!
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1882 posts
70 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
doodlesx wrote: Hey! I might be going to July 9th one.

I got a question.. even though I could find out on the main Warped Tour site, this Friday, etc., but I don't really see much Canadians posting answers and yeah. lol

Anyways, my question is have you guys ever bought the pre-sale tickets online/at the site? If so, do you guys know how much the tickets cost usually?
I bought a pre-sale ticket online before and they cost around $35CDN to $40CDN plus a handling fee for the Warped Tour Compilation CD.

I found out that by going through the pre-sale option, you save a considerable amount of money. You can get your pre-sale tickets at this link: http://warpedtourtickets.musictoday.com ... endar.aspx

They will go on sale tomorrow at 10:00a.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

As for general sales through Ticketmaster, they will take place sometime next month.
Oh, and thank you for the really important notes on the buses and trains routes!
Anytime! Just want to let you know that GO Transit is making changes to their services on April 3rd, 2010. As I said earlier, the weekday mid-day train trains along the Georgetown corridor will be replaced by buses - providing more frequent service. Weekday rush-hour train trips still remain.

I spend many years on lobbying to have the Warped Tour in the Toronto area because I want to have a venue that can be easily accessible by public transit. In the past, the Warped Tour was held at the now-defunct Park Place (Molson Park). With Park Place finally history and the tour shifted into the Toronto area, transit links have been greatly improved.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2406 posts
1562 upvotes
Oh, good to know. I was thinking that I had to go through Ticketmaster tomorrow.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1882 posts
70 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
whoa-albert wrote: Oh, good to know. I was thinking that I had to go through Ticketmaster tomorrow.
Nope. You have to buy your pre-sale tickets at this link:
http://warpedtourtickets.musictoday.com ... endar.aspx

Ticket price is $39.25CDN plus a $3.50CDN handling charge for the Warped Tour 2010 compilation CD. Some other fees may apply.

Selected D-TOX outlets are selling the pre-sale tickets as well - but there is a catch: pre-sale tickets are only available at certain D-TOX outlets and there is a limited number of them. The D-TOX stores in Ontario which pre-sale tickets are going to be sold are:

Newmarket, ON (Upper Canada Mall)
Guelph, ON (Stone Road Mall)
Burlington, ON (Mapleview Centre)
London, ON (White Oaks Mall)
Oshawa, ON (Oshawa Centre)

Tickets purchased at D-Tox will cost a flat rate price of $35.00CDN. This does not include the Warped 2010 compilation CD however.

I hope this helps.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1882 posts
70 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
This just in: pre-sale tickets for the Toronto leg of the Warped Tour have been sold out - in less than three days!!!!

This seem to be very exciting!

As for general sales through Ticketmaster, they will be announced shortly......
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2406 posts
1562 upvotes
D-Tox was really out of my way. A single pre-sale ticket was nearly $70 with fees (~$10) and shipping (~$20) from the Warped Tour site. I bought 3 tickets still, so it was ~$56 each. Brutal.

I figured, though, regular tickets would be $50 since they said pre-sale tickets are $10-15 cheaper. So that equates to about an extra $6 for special ticket, cutting lines, and CD.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1882 posts
70 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
whoa-albert wrote: D-Tox was really out of my way. A single pre-sale ticket was nearly $70 with fees (~$10) and shipping (~$20) from the Warped Tour site. I bought 3 tickets still, so it was ~$56 each. Brutal.

I figured, though, regular tickets would be $50 since they said pre-sale tickets are $10-15 cheaper. So that equates to about an extra $6 for special ticket, cutting lines, and CD.
That's quite "fare" enough. Do you know that on average - a Warped Tour concert goer brings about $200CDN, however the minimum that experts (ahem, experienced Warped Tour fans) suggest is $50U.S. ($55CDN).

There are certain venues that have ATMs (Automated Bank Teller Machines) on site (if I'm not mistaken, Arrow Hall has a few ATMs on-site), but those so called "white label" ATMs charge a service fee to use them. In addition, you may also get charged another fee (i.e. Interac Fee) set out by your bank.

What's even worse, if you even attempt to withdraw money out of your credit card (through cash advance), then you will get charged interest - in addition to the service charges and other fees.

My best bet - withdraw money at your bank's ATM. That way, you will save some money in the long run.

Anyways, I'm quite thrilled and excited about the Warped Tour. Only three and a half (3.5) months to go!
Mar 9, 2008
496 posts
43 upvotes
No Vancouver again?

oh well. this tour has gone downhill for years now. Wonder what the lineup this year is.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1882 posts
70 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
svelten wrote: No Vancouver again?

oh well. this tour has gone downhill for years now. Wonder what the lineup this year is.
Unfortunately, Vancouver is not participating in the Warped Tour this year (this is the 3rd time that Vancouver didn't have their fix of Warped, but last year the Warped Tour was held in Vancouver).

In addition, the Calgary, Alberta leg of the Warped Tour has been moved to Edmonton, Alberta.

For our Toronto folks:
General Admission ticket sales will take place on Friday, April 9th, 2010 at 10:00a.m.

Information can be founded here:
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/10004478A91A67B1
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1882 posts
70 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
svelten wrote: No Vancouver again?

Sorry if I didn't mention what the lineup is for this year's tour, but here is the following that you might see on this year's Warped Tour:
  • The Casualties
  • Every Time I Die
  • Sum 41
  • The All-American Rejects
  • Alkaline Trio
  • Anti-Flag
  • Attack Attack
  • Bring me the horizon
  • Enter Shikari
  • Motion City Soundtrack
  • Of Mice and Men
  • The Cab
  • The Pretty Reckless
  • VersaEmerge
  • You Me at Six
The full list of bands can be founded here: http://www.vanswarpedtour.com/warpedtour/bands.asp

I just want to tell you that only certain bands can only play a certain amount of dates (not for the whole tour)....
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1882 posts
70 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
So how does everyone think about the Warped Tour venue in Toronto - ahem Mississauga?

For me, I really like the venue because I can easily access it by public transit. I initially studied plans on going to Barrie (where Warped Tour was once held at the now defunct Park Place) by public transit, but the plans were abandoned because of cost justifications and concerns about the scheduling (how long the buses will run until).

That's why I spent many years on lobbying for a Warped Tour venue that me and my fellow fans that I can access by public transit. In the end, we finally succeeded. The 2008 edition of the Warped Tour was going to take place at Downsview Park, but it was later changed to Arrow Hall (which is situated at the International Centre).

The stages at Arrow Hall were outside, but a beer tent was set up - inside. I really like the nice set up there. I can frequently go inside to cool myself off and I really like the "indoor plumbing".
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1882 posts
70 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
although this is not related to this thread, I just want to inform you guys that - if you are wondering that if Edgefest 2010 is going to take place this year at Downsview Park this year, it won't happen - even though that there was a promise to have it again this year.

Many months had passed and there were no announcements for Edgefest this year.... :(

But there's some good news - Edgefest will be better next year - in 2011. In lieu of Edgefest, 102.1 The Edge (CFNY-FM) is the Edge Summer Concert Series - in which many shows are sponsored by the Edge radio station.

The full listing can be founded here: http://www.edge.ca/ConcertCalendar/Listings.aspx

I'm focusing my efforts for this year's Warped Tour.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15809 posts
717 upvotes
Stouffville
i dunno whats with the edge and not having edgefest... yes they were promoting that it was happening for sure at the start of the year and then randomly decide not to do it.. and then also didnt have one in 2007... when they missed that year, i had a feeling that they were gonna miss another one as 2007 was the first one that was missed since it started, in 1987... heck they even had edgefest day 1 and day 2 in 2006.. dunno why they missed 2007..

just terrible... cant be because of venues.. im sure they can get 1 day to have downsview or molson ampitheatre to host it...probably cant get enuff big bands...

cuz look what happened.. they missed 2007 and came back in 2008 with a massive double headliner of Linkin Park and the return of STP...

then u go the year after in 2009 and its all Canadian Bands on the main stage with the exception of AFI...and fronted by Billy Talent and Alexisonfire, both which headline two previous edgefest..

i think its just a lack of having a mixture of bands and they skip years now so the bands dont get too repetitive..

oh well.. there r enuff shows to go to.. but i liked when u can pay like $30-40 and get to see a bunch of bands that i liked...

at least i get to see them crooked vultures with the arkells on saturday at the ACC...that should be a wicked show
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1882 posts
70 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
If you guys are planning on traveling to the Warped Tour in Toronto this year, you might want to jot this down.

Selected hotels are offering specials for Warped Tour goers. Those deals are listed below:
Toronto Marriott Airport
901 Dixon Rd - 5.8 km to Arrow Hall at the International Centre
Special $67 CAD rate when you mention Vans Warped Tour when calling in to book your room
info: http://www.marriott.com/YYZOT

Comfort Inn Airport West
1500 Matheson Blvd - 7 km to Arrow Hall at the International Centre
Special $67 CAD rate when you mention Vans Warped Tour when calling in to book your room
info: http://www.choicehotels.ca/cn280

For the Montreal leg of the stop, the promotions are listed below:

Sandman Hotel Montreal-Longueuil, Quebec
999 Rue de Serigny - 2 km to Parc Jean-Drapeau
Special $79 CAD rate when you mention Vans Warped Tour when calling in to book your room
info: http://www.sandmanhotels.com/hotels/quebec/montreal.php

Hyatt Regency Montreal
1255 Rue Jeanne-Mance - 3 km to Parc Jean-Drapeau
Special $99 CAD rate when you mention Vans Warped Tour when calling in to book your room
info: http://www.montreal.hyatt.com/

These promotions are very limited, so I highly suggest on booking your hotel room soon. As for the YEG (Edmonton) leg of the tour, no deals/promotions are announced yet.

It's also cheaper if you book online through various travel websites such as www.expedia.ca, www.hotels.ca, www.travelocity.ca - just to name a few!
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1882 posts
70 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
It's only two weeks away - for the Toronto leg of the tour! I've received notice that my tickets will arrive via FedEx sometime tomorrow.

Oh boy, I can't wait! Anyone taking public transit to the Warped Tour in Toronto?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2406 posts
1562 upvotes
My pre-sale tickets finally came today! I'm going out now to get lanyards for them.