warranty repair issues with lenovo

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2022 8:25 am
[OP]
Oct 31, 2006
294 posts
148 upvotes

warranty repair issues with lenovo

Anyone else have issues getting on site warranty repair service from Lenovo?

I received on dec 1 a thinkbook 16p gen 2. Promptly asked for warranty repair. Keyboard had buttons not working. Even bought their upgraded warranty service.

They scheduled an onsite visit for Dec 13 on Dec 17. It was scheduled 4 days after the date has passed.

Frankly I'm gonna assume their warranty is a scam.

Looking for advice, opinions.
1 reply
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14796 posts
6333 upvotes
Toronto, ON
performance wrote: Anyone else have issues getting on site warranty repair service from Lenovo?

I received on dec 1 a thinkbook 16p gen 2. Promptly asked for warranty repair. Keyboard had buttons not working. Even bought their upgraded warranty service.

They scheduled an onsite visit for Dec 13 on Dec 17. It was scheduled 4 days after the date has passed.

Frankly I'm gonna assume their warranty is a scam.

Looking for advice, opinions.
I bought a Thinkbook 13s that arrived with a defective space bar. Went online to request a warranty service and was told because I just received it, it was easier to request a replacement rather than warranty service. So I contacted their post sales support to do an advance replacement. But then by that time the model was out of stock so they offered a “transition” (their term) to an equivalent model. I found a ThinkPad X13 model that had similar specs and was on sale for almost the same price (even though the Thinkpad’s MSRP web price is higher than the Thinkbook). Gave the model to them and to my surprise they approved the transition.

So I’m not sure if it’s too late for you to request a replacement but you might want to try that route. For my case, Lenovo went above and beyond in fixing the Thinkbook with a bummed space bar.