• Jan 9th, 2023 12:19 am
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Apr 28, 2010
1117 posts
1869 upvotes
richmond hill

Warzone 2.0 crashes with GTX 960. Steam stops responding

Recently after a few rounds of warzone 2 my game freezes in match, eventually closes and steam in no longer responding.

Is this my gpu vram that’s causing this since it’s only a 960 2gb?

It runs perfectly fine at around 60-70fps throughout on low settings. Some days it runs fine but recently if been getting daily crashes after a few rounds.

edit: also after the crash and the next reboot, I have a small update kind of like the game deleted some files due to the crash. I dont know if this help figure out the issue.

TIA
Last edited by louis77 on Jan 8th, 2023 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6409 posts
6833 upvotes
GTA
louis77 wrote: Recently after a few rounds of warzone 2 my game freezes in match, eventually closes and steam in no longer responding.

Is this my gpu vram that’s causing this since it’s only a 960 2gb?

It runs perfectly fine at around 60-70fps throughout on low settings. Some days it runs fine but recently if been getting daily crashes after a few rounds.

TIA
You're at minumum system specs for your graphics card. My guess is the game updated recently and may be causing you some issues, or you updated something with your system recently that may be causing the game issues. I'd check for game and video card updates to see if that helps, or is the culprit. Check for any recent Windows updates too. I'd also drop the graphics down a bit further somewhere if possible to see if that doesn't solve things. If nothing changes, run a malware/virus scan and if nothng then maybe a fresh reinstall.
c'mon get happy!
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Apr 28, 2010
1117 posts
1869 upvotes
richmond hill
BernardRyder wrote: You're at minumum system specs for your graphics card. My guess is the game updated recently and may be causing you some issues, or you updated something with your system recently that may be causing the game issues. I'd check for game and video card updates to see if that helps, or is the culprit. Check for any recent Windows updates too. I'd also drop the graphics down a bit further somewhere if possible to see if that doesn't solve things. If nothing changes, run a malware/virus scan and if nothng then maybe a fresh reinstall.
i usually game cs so switching over to warzone is a pain because they update the game everyday daily so that may be the issue. I do personally think its the pressure on my vid card but it also runs it perfectly fine for a couple rounds before the crash.

I recently updated my drivers so that cant be the issue. I think, but im not 100% sure that my windows had a small update a few days ago. I only use this pc for gaming so shes as clean as can be.

I guess ill have to reinstall the game and hope for the best.

thanks for your input I appreciate it
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Apr 28, 2010
1117 posts
1869 upvotes
richmond hill
BernardRyder wrote: You're at minumum system specs for your graphics card. My guess is the game updated recently and may be causing you some issues, or you updated something with your system recently that may be causing the game issues. I'd check for game and video card updates to see if that helps, or is the culprit. Check for any recent Windows updates too. I'd also drop the graphics down a bit further somewhere if possible to see if that doesn't solve things. If nothing changes, run a malware/virus scan and if nothng then maybe a fresh reinstall.
also after the crash and the next reboot, I have a small update kind of like the game deleted some files due to the crash. I dont know if this help figure out the issue.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6409 posts
6833 upvotes
GTA
louis77 wrote: i usually game cs so switching over to warzone is a pain because they update the game everyday daily so that may be the issue. I do personally think its the pressure on my vid card but it also runs it perfectly fine for a couple rounds before the crash.

I recently updated my drivers so that cant be the issue. I think, but im not 100% sure that my windows had a small update a few days ago. I only use this pc for gaming so shes as clean as can be.

I guess ill have to reinstall the game and hope for the best.

thanks for your input I appreciate it
Card overheating or a storage drive issue? Download some sort of utility to see if it tracks your GPU temps, and dust your GPU and case out if you don't do that regularly. Also find a utility to check your drive, maybe it is faulty or close to EOL? Maybe the game or Windows itself has an error log somewhere that might specifically tell you why it's crashing.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
7194 posts
4854 upvotes
SW ON
Maybe your power supply is getting bad?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)