Travel

Wasaga Beach to close/issue fines. Effective July 7

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2020 12:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
24077 posts
32524 upvotes
Toronto

Wasaga Beach to close/issue fines. Effective July 7

I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
15 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 5, 2008
16362 posts
11408 upvotes
Toronto
not surprising seeing what's happened already at Sauble and last weekend in Collingwood
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8167 posts
5084 upvotes
Mississauga
Too many selfish GTA’ers who don’t gaf.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17934 posts
1493 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Get ready for the COVID-denier RFD Whiner Crew(tm) in 3-2-1...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8167 posts
5084 upvotes
Mississauga
jackrabbit000 wrote: Closing it on July 7 but they are leaving it open for this weekend. Go figure.
Money talks.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 22, 2016
2390 posts
618 upvotes
Ontario
Main beach is open and looks pretty busy. Theres cams on main page. How is the water levels this year? last year no beach. Planning on going away from main strip.
Sr. Member
Mar 6, 2010
733 posts
277 upvotes
Brampton
i would also like to know about water level. Last year it was terrible on beach 6, there was no beach
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
5470 posts
1712 upvotes
Toronto
konfusion666 wrote: Get ready for the COVID-denier RFD Whiner Crew(tm) in 3-2-1...
There's a difference between "denying" that something exists vs taking a critical look at data and realizing that the risk to most individuals is (incredibly) low.

The tens of thousands of people packing beaches and parks around Ontario are likely smart enough to not give in to irrational fear and sensationalism, and have made the informed choice to go and enjoy themselves. Go walk around Toronto and you'll see that most people don't really care, and rightfully so.

While you can certainly legislate rules and regulations, you can't legislate people to be afraid for no reason. All these people will just find another place to go to.

If you are old in in a high-risk group, of course you should stay home. If you are just scared because you watch too much CNN and don't actually look at data - well that's just your own problem.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8167 posts
5084 upvotes
Mississauga
luking wrote: i would also like to know about water level. Last year it was terrible on beach 6, there was no beach
Saw an interview of a local on the news and he said the water levels are down so there’s more beach.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22257 posts
20869 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
luking wrote: i would also like to know about water level. Last year it was terrible on beach 6, there was no beach
Ontario & Quebec water levels are normal this year (no huge Winter Melt / Spring Flooding)
So tons better than Summers 2019 or 2017

There will be beaches this Summer
But with Covid it’s gonna be up to Provincial & Local Public Health on whether they’ll be open
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3009 upvotes
keenland
mrweather wrote: Saw an interview of a local on the news and he said the water levels are down so there’s more beach.
beach one has changed physically...they spread sand over the road so there is no longer a drive by...just shops/bars beach,,,no road
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1186 upvotes
gei wrote: There's a difference between "denying" that something exists vs taking a critical look at data and realizing that the risk to most individuals is (incredibly) low.

The tens of thousands of people packing beaches and parks around Ontario are likely smart enough to not give in to irrational fear and sensationalism, and have made the informed choice to go and enjoy themselves. Go walk around Toronto and you'll see that most people don't really care, and rightfully so.

While you can certainly legislate rules and regulations, you can't legislate people to be afraid for no reason. All these people will just find another place to go to.

If you are old in in a high-risk group, of course you should stay home. If you are just scared because you watch too much CNN and don't actually look at data - well that's just your own problem.
Have not been to Wasaga for years . Was thinking of going with the kids this summer . I guess I'll take my money elsewhere this year and the future . Amazing how low level politicians grabbing power and control .

I agree when you open your mind and think for yourself . None of this makes any sense . I'll take my money to jurisdictions that have an option for a mask . Not mandatory . I respect the persons right to wear a masks . But I don't respect municipalities and politicians that force me to wear one .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 10, 2005
10941 posts
4242 upvotes
Yea let's wait until July 7 so as to not ruin anyone's weekend. And people wonder why some don't trust anything our government officials say. Personally I don't see an issue with most in that picture and it's way less likely to catch covid outdoors and especially on a windy beach. Send an officer and hand out tickets if they are so worried about the 2 metre rule.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Banned
User avatar
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3865 upvotes
blexann wrote: Yea let's wait until July 7 so as to not ruin anyone's weekend. And people wonder why some don't trust anything our government officials say. Personally I don't see an issue with most in that picture and it's way less likely to catch covid outdoors and especially on a windy beach. Send an officer and hand out tickets if they are so worried about the 2 metre rule.
COVID is a whole big joke. Common sense flew out the window. The only safe thing to do is to protest. I haven't heard anything restrictive about that from any governments/doctors.
Sr. Member
Apr 4, 2017
587 posts
463 upvotes
So now that July 7th has passed, what is happening at Wasaga?
Are the provincial park parking lots also affected by the closure? Is there preferred access for Ontario Parks Annual Pass holders?

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
5369 posts
30527 upvotes
Ontario
Wasaga Beach creates ‘pods’

Part of the Wasaga Beach beachfront is set to reopen to the public this week after being temporarily closed in the wake massive crowds gathering on Canada Day.

The town has created four pods using the barriers to accommodate beachgoers, with one pod designated for residents only.

"Through our plan and the use of our pods, we can control access to specific areas of the sand-covered portion of Beach Drive and control physical distancing within the pods," Bifolchi said.

There is no entrance fee for the pods, but total capacity is limited to 738 people based on square footage.

Nine beach ambassadors have been hired to manage folks coming and going from the pods.

Sports activities, barbeques and pets are not allowed in the pods, however.

https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/wasaga-beach- ... -1.5023893

Top