• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2020 8:18 pm
[OP]
Jul 7, 2020
117 posts
15 upvotes

Washer & Dryer recommendations

Hello experts,
Time for me to change my 7 years old washer/dryer.
Much appreciated if you have any specific recommendations under $1700 if possible.
Attached are LG models that i looked at in Home depot and reviews look good but need your recommendation if i should go with these or any other model please.
Images
  • dryerLG.jpg
  • washerLG.jpg
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1736 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
I’m also in the market and this is what was recommended to me - anyone have experience with these? They’re GE and as I understand, GE is newer to the laundry game but they perform well in other appliance categories:
GFW850SPNRS
GFD85ESMNRS

These are a bit pricier than $1700 but there’s also this set that’s a bit cheaper GFW650SPNSN and GFD65ESMNSN
Dec 25, 2018
260 posts
478 upvotes
2K6TSX wrote: I’m also in the market and this is what was recommended to me - anyone have experience with these? They’re GE and as I understand, GE is newer to the laundry game but they perform well in other appliance categories:
GFW850SPNRS
GFD85ESMNRS

These are a bit pricier than $1700 but there’s also this set that’s a bit cheaper GFW650SPNSN and GFD65ESMNSN
I was checking out the GE. Definitely looks like a solid choice. Has anti bacterial and also can load 35 loads worth of detergent so no filling. I didn’t buy as it’s only available in non-white and I want white. I went Maytag also can store detergent for 10 loads but has white.

If you buy, Best Buy has the 25% Ontario rebate if you’re in Ontario https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ge ... lsrc=aw.ds but it’s only shipping mid December. Home Depot has the same models and quicker delivery maybe can price match after rebate but I doubt it.
May 21, 2015
853 posts
407 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
The LG WM3500 is the highest rated front loader on Consumers Reports.. I bought a model up, the wm3700 which is almost identical but steam which we'll never use.. They're very good washers and get good ratings for reliability

nowhere2010 wrote: Hello experts,
Time for me to change my 7 years old washer/dryer.
Much appreciated if you have any specific recommendations under $1700 if possible.
Attached are LG models that i looked at in Home depot and reviews look good but need your recommendation if i should go with these or any other model please.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
4763 posts
1158 upvotes
Get a top load, avoid the stink.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5537 posts
3831 upvotes
Toukolou wrote: Get a top load, avoid the stink.
Bought a LG top load few months back, with the matching dryer. So far so good, happy with it. LG WT7300CW, one if the best reviewed top load washer un Consumers Report
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1736 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
Toukolou wrote: Get a top load, avoid the stink.
The GE’s I mentioned claim to have resolved this issue by creating a venting feature on the washer door. These are pretty new so I’ve yet to see real life experience but all the stuff I see online seems very positive.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4408 posts
1500 upvotes
When we moved into our new home, the previous owner had:

- Frigidaire 3.0 cu ft Washer (FWS933FS0)
- Hotpoint 6.0 cu ft Dryer (HTMX100ED0WW)

We swapped out the washer and purchased a Samsung 5.2 cu ft Top Load Washer (WA45H7000AW/A2) ... I sold the old washer on Kijiji for $100.

Then I put in a laundry umbrella in the backyard ... summer hang out the laundry.

The around the furnace/water tank area in the basement ... put up a couple of rods ... winter hang out the laundry in the basement ... dries in a couple days.

Still have the original useless dryer.

One of these days (whenever that occurs) will then go get another dryer to replace this piece of rubbish.

Haven't used a dryer in over a decade and really don't intend to.

Laundry dries quickly outdoors in the summer. Laundry dries in a couple days in the basement in the winter.

No need to waste money on a dryer.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2