[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
11976 posts
1260 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK

Washer rebates - $100

https://www.efficiencyalberta.ca/online ... s-washers/

Alberta is having rebates for certain washing machines on that list.

Our 10.5 year old GE front load has been acting up the last year, basically the front control panel is all screwy. The machine itself works fine once you get it going. But you have to press the on button a ton of times, and then pressing other buttons causes other things to happen. We can work around it and have been. basically been waiting for something physical to go on it (as in pump or something)

Anyway, on this list. What are good models. Reading so many horror stories on here about certain brands.

I know a tall order, but maybe better to ask, what ones to stay away from.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
1317 posts
188 upvotes
Grimsby
You show as living in SK so why would AB offer you any rebate? Just curious :)

Pick a model you fancy then Goggle "make reviews" replace 'make' with the maker and model number.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
11976 posts
1260 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Owbist wrote:
Apr 5th, 2018 8:31 am
You show as living in SK so why would AB offer you any rebate? Just curious :)

Pick a model you fancy then Goggle "make reviews" replace 'make' with the maker and model number.
I also enter contests that say Ontario and BC only to.......... Location field can say Earth if I want
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
9557 posts
5969 upvotes
Edmonton
WikkiWikki wrote:
Apr 5th, 2018 10:28 am
I also enter contests that say Ontario and BC only to.......... Location field can say Earth if I want
Pretty sure your rebate cheque will get mailed to an Alberta address... Got a friend or relative out here?

Thanks for posting this, though! We just had an Electrolux laundry pair installed yesterday, and I didn’t even think about the rebates. I picked that one because it’s relatively well reviewed (LG seemed to be best, and Samsung was way down the list), it’s got a “2nd floor vibration warranty” (and ours is on the second floor of an old house), plus it’s the only one I could find with reversible doors, which was a considerable bonus in our space.

Notes after one day... Sure glad we sprang for the installation, because that washer is HEAVY!!! No way my GF and I could have gotten it up the stairs. It is quiet and quite stable, even with a load of dog bedding in it. The Auto setting on the dryer seems relatively useless, and that was a review complaint I saw too. Oh, and I picked up a MagVent from Lee Valley prior to installation. Works quite well too.

C
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
11976 posts
1260 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
CNeufeld wrote:
Apr 5th, 2018 1:16 pm
Pretty sure your rebate cheque will get mailed to an Alberta address... Got a friend or relative out here?

Thanks for posting this, though! We just had an Electrolux laundry pair installed yesterday, and I didn’t even think about the rebates. I picked that one because it’s relatively well reviewed (LG seemed to be best, and Samsung was way down the list), it’s got a “2nd floor vibration warranty” (and ours is on the second floor of an old house), plus it’s the only one I could find with reversible doors, which was a considerable bonus in our space.

Notes after one day... Sure glad we sprang for the installation, because that washer is HEAVY!!! No way my GF and I could have gotten it up the stairs. It is quiet and quite stable, even with a load of dog bedding in it. The Auto setting on the dryer seems relatively useless, and that was a review complaint I saw too. Oh, and I picked up a MagVent from Lee Valley prior to installation. Works quite well too.

C
Thanks for the info, been so long since Ive looked into these, Im sure stuff has change. We have been really happy with our GE models, besides this obvious control panel issue. But we never had issues with other stuff ever. Ours is on a second floor to, and did have to switch the door on the washer.

Have to look into the “2nd floor vibration warranty”. Ours might just of had anti vibration, dont know. They are on pedestals

What actual model did you get? I know from reading that Samsung should not even make washers and dryers
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
9557 posts
5969 upvotes
Edmonton
WikkiWikki wrote:
Apr 5th, 2018 1:28 pm
Thanks for the info, been so long since Ive looked into these, Im sure stuff has change. We have been really happy with our GE models, besides this obvious control panel issue. But we never had issues with other stuff ever. Ours is on a second floor to, and did have to switch the door on the washer.

Have to look into the “2nd floor vibration warranty”. Ours might just of had anti vibration, dont know. They are on pedestals

What actual model did you get? I know from reading that Samsung should not even make washers and dryers
We got the top end Electrolux (617?). The only one on the list you linked to.

Now I’m just fighting with HD to get a receipt, instead of multiple copies of my order.

C
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
11976 posts
1260 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
CNeufeld wrote:
Apr 5th, 2018 2:02 pm
We got the top end Electrolux (617?). The only one on the list you linked to.

Now I’m just fighting with HD to get a receipt, instead of multiple copies of my order.

C
Thanks. Probably have to get a set, our dryer has been flawless, but could last another month, or 10 more years, who knows