• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2020 9:13 pm
[OP]
Aug 9, 2020
52 posts
13 upvotes

Washing machine

Hi guys. Washing machine starts filling with water for 10 seconds and stops. Not sure what’s happening but from your expertise, better to repair or buy new. Or if you guys experienced this, what should I try? It’s a front load whirlpool about 10 years old. Tia
9 replies
Jan 14, 2007
568 posts
189 upvotes
GTA North
ESLL1226 wrote: Hi guys. Washing machine starts filling with water for 10 seconds and stops. Not sure what’s happening but from your expertise, better to repair or buy new. Or if you guys experienced this, what should I try? It’s a front load whirlpool about 10 years old. Tia
Any codes? We have a 10 year old Whirlpool Duet front load that kept giving F21 code and not draining. Watch some you tube videos. Opened it up and tried to see if anything blocking but nope, it was the water pump. $50 part on Amazon and working like new now
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9439 posts
3101 upvotes
ESLL1226 wrote: Hi guys. Washing machine starts filling with water for 10 seconds and stops. Not sure what’s happening but from your expertise, better to repair or buy new. Or if you guys experienced this, what should I try? It’s a front load whirlpool about 10 years old. Tia
Try and repair.

Does it display any codes? Whirlpools are relatively easy to fix
Discomfort is your friend
[OP]
Aug 9, 2020
52 posts
13 upvotes
The washing machine is about 11 years old which is the time this house was built. It doesn't have a display panel unfortuately which i guess would be very helpful at this stage:(
[OP]
Aug 9, 2020
52 posts
13 upvotes
We know nothing about washing machines but we don't want to pay a person to come in and diagnose it for the same price as buying new. Hope you are right about it being easy to repair :)
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12019 posts
8716 upvotes
GTA, ON
Open the drain pump filter and check to see of it's clogged. It's usually located on the bottom front of machine, and has a little trap door.

The LG washer we had at work did what you describe, and upon opening it up and draining out all the stale water, found a huge clump of lint & torn fabric covering the entire trap. Cleaned it out and the machine started up no problem.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9439 posts
3101 upvotes
what is the model #?
Discomfort is your friend
[OP]
Aug 9, 2020
52 posts
13 upvotes
Was thinking that . My husband will check . hoping he knows where everything is. lol
[OP]
Aug 9, 2020
52 posts
13 upvotes
Ok i was mixed with my washer and dishwasher. My washing machine is a fridgadaire- FTF530FS unit.