Fashion & Beauty

Watch gang? Anyone with some real experience? Seems to me a service that sells struggeling micro brands watches.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2021 11:52 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5932 posts
2151 upvotes
Cornwall PE

Watch gang? Anyone with some real experience? Seems to me a service that sells struggeling micro brands watches.

Seems to me a service that sells struggling micro brands watches with a subscription. $29.99, $99.99, or $299.99 US per month subscription.
https://www.watchgang.com/?afid=abdn&si ... %3D.JGGaLH
Seems to smell of fish, but then mixed reviews on youtube.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1881 posts
535 upvotes
North York
Gross. Save your money and get the watch you want.
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
12304 posts
732 upvotes
Toronto
They're not selling you watches... they're selling you subscription services. The business model depends on them dangling a high-value piece that you have a "chance" to win... while sending you much cheaper and less-desirable pieces.

Stay away.
Deal with it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5150 posts
1355 upvotes
This looks like a joke.

Anyone want to guess how long this company will be in business?
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8278 posts
1840 upvotes
Toronto
I'd stay away and put the money towards watches you actually want to own.

With watchgang, you're pretty guaranteed to get undesirable microbrand stock.
Aug 30, 2020
965 posts
1453 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
Better to get one good watch you want once a year, instead of 12 random crappy watches
Nov 9, 2020
68 posts
39 upvotes
CanadianConsumerYEG wrote: Better to get one good watch you want once a year, instead of 12 random crappy watches
IMO, this is the motto to go by. RESIST THE URGE TO SCRATCH THE ITCH. Unless you are a Rockefeller and can constantly buy luxury pieces that can be flipped easily when you are bored of them, the majority of the watches will lose massive value once used. What you end up with is a drawer full of watches (which you don’t wear) that can’t easily trade or sell off. Wait and save up for a few years if you have to for the grail piece. Use the time to learn about the piece too. May be you will discover that it was just infatuation. But don’t go for substitute to scratch the itch.

Always keep in mind that the collections you see posted online were built across a lifetime, not in a year or two.

Oh yeah and on the watch gang, some pretty terrible blog reviews about their renewal and cancellation process. They operate on a carrot on a stick strategy, dangling that Rolex draw for you to stay. The brands you get will likely be Chinese brands or brands you have never heard off.